• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2010] Universal Timeshare SA

Babaloo1943

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a call tonight from a salesman at Universal Timeshare SA, who told me that he had a buyer for my week at HGVC International Drive for $20,000. I immediately smelled an upfront payment deal, so I asked him why anyone would buy secondary at that price when they could buy new for almost the same price and get some freebies. He gave me such a ridiculous response, I didn't call him on it. I then told him that current prices with licensed RE agents on TUG were $4m to $5m. He told me that these don't sell because no one likes to buy from websites. I told him to call me back in 2 days following my review of the website. I doubt that he will call me back. It's a typical upfront payment scam. See www.universaltimesharesa.com.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
People don't buy from websites, then what is the value of their website. Pure scam, and I have gotten calls from a company calling itself Universal, then they say, "Have you heard of us, Universal Studios in Orlando, we are part of that company." Yeah, I don't think so, and Universal Studios wouldn't like that at all. Although, they do have timeshare hawkers in Universal Studios.

tlsbooks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from these guys. Out of Beaverton, Oregon. They are claiming they have a perfect BBB rating. The sole proprietor, Travis Whitten, doesn't show up in an internet search...unless he is also a high school football player from West Virginia. I want to get all this info down so it shows up on an internet search.

I let the guy do his spiel and he "closed" by letting me know they could get me $33,000 for my Grand Pacific Palisades 3 bdrm. Wasn't that great...do I accept? Sure I do!
So I would only have to send them $1799 to take care of the legal fees. I told the guy there are no legal fees I have to pay. That the transfer through the resort cost about $250. Oh no...laws have changed, says he. Oh no...they have not.

Then I asked him if he felt good being part of a scam organization...taking $1800 from people and telling them they could get inflated prices for their timeshares. He actually asked me to explain what I meant (maybe he really didn't know what he was involved with) and then got his supervisor.

This guy did know what he was involved in...but tried to convince me that the fees were legitimate. I finally told him the way real estate works is the seller does not pay up front fees...any and all costs come out of escrow at the end. And he responded that we weren't talking about real estate! Sure we are, says I. We are talking about deeded property. So he asked if I could paint my unit or take out the furniture. No...and if I own a condo, I can't rip out the lawn and put in a pool...but it's still deeded real estate, says I. Enjoy your timeshare, says he. :)

Universal Timeshare Sales Associates or Universal Timeshare SA. The website shows as "recently sold timeshares" Cyprus Pointe - $31,000, Wyndham Richmond Airport Hotel - 1b/1b - $20,000, The Fountains, Orlando 3b/3b - $123,000, Daytona Beach Regency 2b/2b $91,000

:rofl:

dr.bob4455

Reaction score
Universal Time Share Sales Associates

It's actually not a scam. It's kinda weird cause they ask for an upfront fee, which made me a little worried. However I was kinda desperate to offload my timeshare cause it was killing me financially, so I took the risk cause they said they had a buyer. I paid the upfront fee with my credit card so if they ripped me off I could dispute the charge and hopefully get my money back. A legal guy called me a half hour later or so and went over the deal with me and that made me feel a little better but I was still pretty worried but then the paperwork showed up a few days later and I got kinda excited. It turns out these guys are basically the same dirtbags that sold me my timeshare. They wanted mine so they could sell it to some other schmuck. Anyway it was 154,000 points at wyndham(scumbags) and they did get me twenty six g's for it. It was one of the biggest shocks of my life when the check arrived. I feel bad for the sucker they sold it too but I'd rather have him screwed than me. If you are desperate and dont mind the morality of it I suggest you try them.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It's actually not a scam. It's kinda weird cause they ask for an upfront fee, which made me a little worried. However I was kinda desperate to offload my timeshare cause it was killing me financially, so I took the risk cause they said they had a buyer. I paid the upfront fee with my credit card so if they ripped me off I could dispute the charge and hopefully get my money back. A legal guy called me a half hour later or so and went over the deal with me and that made me feel a little better but I was still pretty worried but then the paperwork showed up a few days later and I got kinda excited. It turns out these guys are basically the same dirtbags that sold me my timeshare. They wanted mine so they could sell it to some other schmuck. Anyway it was 154,000 points at wyndham(scumbags) and they did get me twenty six g's for it. It was one of the biggest shocks of my life when the check arrived. I feel bad for the sucker they sold it too but I'd rather have him screwed than me. If you are desperate and dont mind the morality of it I suggest you try them.

Shill alert !!!!

A likely story - NOT!!! You're asking us to believe that the greedy scumbags who sold you your timeshare turned around and paid you $26,000 for your timeshare so they could sell it to someone else - when they could have bought the same thing for $1. That for some reason they decided to give you $26,000 they could have otherwise had for themselves???????

Your story is even less believable than a Tokyo Electric Power spokesman giving an update on the status of recovery operations at Fukushima Power Plant.

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
dr.bob4455

AMAZING !!! First post ---glorifying a company that got him a bunch of $$$ !!! REALLY??? I think my "B.S." meter just went off the scale and is now broken.

Tony

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
AMAZING !!! First post ---glorifying a company that got him a bunch of $$$ !!! REALLY??? I think my "B.S." meter just went off the scale and is now broken.

Tony

What these Comments didn't disguise the BULLSHILL attempt ?

It's kinda weird cause they ask for an upfront fee, which made me a little worried.

so if they ripped me off I could dispute the charge and hopefully get my money back.

It turns out these guys are basically the same dirt bags that sold me my timeshare.

They wanted mine so they could sell it to some other schmuck. Anyway it was 154,000 points at wyndham(scumbags) and they did get me twenty six g's for it. :rofl: :hysterical: :cheer:

I feel bad for the sucker they sold it too

but I'd rather have him screwed than me.

If you are desperate and don't mind the morality of it I suggest you try them.

How could this possibly be a shill, he is clearly a TUGER:crash:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Indeed...

Anyway it was 154,000 points at wyndham.....and they did get me twenty six g's for it.

Utter crap and nonsense. Wyndham itself sells such a product for about $12,000 to the poor souls foolish enough to buy developer-direct. The same product could be bought on eBay for a buck, plus closing costs. Yet, you would have us believe that your 154k points was magically sold for more than twice the developer price, in the resale market, by an obscure entity unknown to any and all who inhabit Planet Earth? :ponder:
You insult our intelligence --- and it is not appreciated.

You and your bogus fairy tale have absolutely no credibility whatsoever. Go away. Don't come back. :annoyed:

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
If you want a good laugh, take a look at some of the recently sold timeshares on the website of this wonderful company. Notice the prices they list and look at the pictures that accompany each listing.

Royal Sunset Club, Cancun http://www.universaltimesharesa.com/Index.php?detail&id=5881
Don't you just love the picturesque golf course on the lake and the picture of the resort with mountains and pine trees all around? I guess I missed that scenery last time I was in Cancun.

The Point at Poipu
http://www.universaltimesharesa.com/Index.php?detail&id=5875
Look at the second picture of the "mountain cabin"

A Florida resort that appears to have two different kitchens. It's a fixed week 4, every other year usage, that went for $120,000! Look at the first and third pictures--think they are of the same property?
http://www.universaltimesharesa.com/Index.php?detail&id=5914

:hysterical:

Awesome229

Reaction score
Universal Timeshare Sales Assoc

I received a call today from UTSA about selling my points. He slowly and carefully 'explained' their processes and 'all' that they do to sell timeshares. He gave me all of the information, placed me on hold while he 'confirmed' an offering price from a Canadian family: they are willing to pay $199,000 for over a million points. The buyer pays the closing costs of $3,800. What we, as the sellers, are required to pay, upfront of course, is $80 for legal fees, $300 for a portfolio, $250 escrow, an RCI lawyer to represent us (yes, all that I have heard about 'RCI' makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over) at $570 and $600 for the transfer of deed - for a total of $1800. When I asked why upfront money was necessary he informed me they were not a licensed real estate office therefore cannot take commission after the sale. Every time I questioned him he said 'let me ask you a question, are you serious about selling your timeshare?' (asked no less than 5 times) I said, of course, I want to sell it but I'm not willing to throw away good money on a scam. He repeatedly tried to tell me they were an honest company, blah, blah, blah... he directed me to their website, pointed out the 'recently sold' area, pointed out the 'onlinebetterbusiness.com' (which states clearly they are NOT the better business bureau), etc. He said 'we are different', 'that's why we have you speak to our legal department' - well, unless your 'legal representative' comes to my front door with all of his graduate certificates in hand I don't know who the person is - I can call up anyone on the phone and say 'Hi, my name is Jane Doe, I am a lawyer with Universal Timeshares....' - well, I don't have a law degree of any kind but someone would accept what I had to say just because I said I was a lawyer. I explained several times that I will research and get back with him. When he argued that he had pointed out all these things online I told him, yes, but you are biased, I will do my own research and get back with you. The really funny thing about my research is all the RED FLAGS popped up from THEIR website:
- If I still have financing on my timeshare can I sell it?
Absolutely! The only stipulation is the pay off balance needs to be cleared before the property can change hands. For instance, say you still owe $5,000 on your timeshare, you will need to have that paid off before the deed can change hands. Usually this is handled at closing. This wasn't mentioned during the phone conversation even though he had asked and was told we are still paying on it!! :wall:
- No hidden fees?
With commissions and appraisals eliminated, the only expense to the buyer, aside from the Purchase price, is the closing cost. The only out of pocket expense for the Seller is the one time advertising fee. Since HE called me and said he already has a buyer why in the world would I pay for advertising?? :rolleyes:
- Do I need a lawyer to handle the closing?
No! Universal Timeshare Sales Associates has a licensed and bonded title company. This company will handle the closing process from start to finish including deed preparation, escrow of funds, closing statements and recording fees all for one low flat rate (closing costs) charged to the buyer. The title work is reviewed by attorney and guaranteed to be free and clear to the seller. Seems to me the 'buyer' and 'seller' are paying duplicate fees!! :confused:

Their write up for the 'sell' and 'rent' sections of their site are worded almost identical - the first sentence is different.
At the bottom of the page shows the 'official' looking information about the company and the website to include 'our services' and 'terms of service' - funny, there isn't a link anywhere on the site to click to read these.

When I called the 'agent' back to address the issues above he wasn't available so the woman 'took a message' - strangely he didn't call me back. Should I be offended?? :shrug:

Ryan Davis

Reaction score
Universal Timeshare SA

Well everybody has their own experiences and mine was completely different. I was offered the Timeshare unit by Universal Timeshare SA with a lucrative offer which was better than the market rate. I was quite apprehensive when they offered me the price and also an upfront which I would't mind if the price was right. They had a couple reps contacted me and guided me throughout the process since I was very new this business. They did what they promised taking some fee which they deserved. I think they are good and really helped me enjoy Cancun!!!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Well everybody has their own experiences and mine was completely different. I was offered the Timeshare unit by Universal Timeshare SA with a lucrative offer which was better than the market rate. I was quite apprehensive when they offered me the price and also an upfront which I would't mind if the price was right. They had a couple reps contacted me and guided me throughout the process since I was very new this business. They did what they promised taking some fee which they deserved. I think they are good and really helped me enjoy Cancun!!!

Let's cut to the chase - I DON'T BELIEVE YOU! :wave:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bull$h*#...

First time poster "Ryan" would have a quite savvy crowd here somehow suspend reality and believe that he has suddenly appeared out of thin air to praise an obscure, heretofore completely unknown entity which (just as magically and suddenly) found him (unsolicited) to "help him enjoy Cancun" at below market rates.
I was born early in the morning, but it certainly wasn't yesterday morning.

Go away, "Ryan". You (and your phony praise for Universal Timeshaere SA) are an insult to the intellect.

P.S. Since your post is obviously just a lame effort to get free Internet exposure and advertising for the company name, I am helping to advance your goal by also including the company name in my response above, so that my reply will pop up right alongside yours in any searches. You're welcome; glad to help. :)

Last edited:

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Theo,

If you google this company name- nothing shows up but scam alerts! Why they even bother to employ shills is beyond me. There is a mountain of information telling consumers to stay far away from anything dealing with this business.

Pair-A-Dice

TUG Member
Reaction score
A family member just had a narrow escape with Universal Timeshare Sales Associate. UTSA called them and told them they had a buyer for their Hilton Hawaiian Village unit. They were told it was a $26,000 offer and the buyer wanted a quick close. Not knowing what the real timeshare market is like they tought it was a legit deal. UTSA wanted them to send 1/2 of the legal fees and closings cost (total fee were $3,300),via Western Union to a person in Boston, MA. Lucky for them I belong to TUG and was able to show them all the scam comments posted on TUG about UTSA. Even then they still believed it was a real deal, so I told them to tell them they wanted to use their own closing company and pay the "other" fees out of closing. Of course the deal fell apart when they told UTSA they were not wiring the money.
Thanks to all you Tuggers for your posts about UTSA.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
This company is probably one of the ones on Florida's website that is being investigated. There are several with Universal in their names.

When one of these "Universal" upfront-fee companies called me, they tried to associate themselves with Universal Studios in Orlando. No way are they associated, but it gives them some credibility to some possible victims. The lies! I wish we could educate everyone, so these people can stop making money from cold calls.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score