• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did you give away or adopt a timeshare on the Bargain Deals forum?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you gave away or adopted a timeshare on the Bargain Deals forum, (this board) please post a note here. I thought it would be interesting to keep a record.

Last edited:

dwmantz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Free - Myrtle Beach - Platinum Float Broadway Plantation 2BR unit

Gave away -

Free - Myrtle Beach - Platinum Float Broadway Plantation 2BR unit
Buyer reimbursed 2011 MF of $965.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Orlando FL -- Cypress Pointe Phase Two.

Gave a floating Diamond Season 3BR lock-off unit at Cypress Pointe Grande Villas to a fellow TUG member.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Free Wyndham Kingsgate - Jan. 2011

I had a posting here on the "Bargains" forum as well as in the TUG Marketplace. The person who's acquiring my Wyndham Kingsgate (fixed wk #18; 3BR lockoff) responded to my posting/ad in the Marketplace.

We've finalized the transaction and the closing agent is now in the loop working on the paperwork, so all should be good towards a "done deal."

I thought for purposes of archieving, I'd post a bit more about this particular timeshare unit.

It was originally purchased by a couple from Maryland in June 1991 for $12,300. I was in Williamsburg over Thanksgiving in November 2001. With my very first timeshare being a 20 year "right-to-use" that would be expiring after 2002, I was in the market to buy a new TS.

Staying at Wyndham Patriot's Place, I did the Governor's Green tour and even signed a contract to purchase 105k points for $12,100 . . . telling my sales rep that I had an appointment the next day with a local timeshare resale office and that if I found a better deal, I'd be rescinding this purchase with him. He chuckled and said "you won't find a better deal in this city or I'd have bought it."

Well I did. I met with the resale company in Williamburg. He had a lot of options listed including points and fixed weeks with Wyndham (Patriot's Place and Kingsgate). We agreed that due to the way I traveled the fixed week option would be best for me and that this 3BR lockoff provided the best value.

I paid $5,000 for the timeshare plus the MF's for their 2001 spacebanked use ($444 was the amount of the MF at that time). At that time, I knew nothing about TUG or for that matter resales in general. My sister had suggested I check them out before buying another TS from the developer/Wyndham.

Anyway, looking back and knowing what I know now, even $5,000 was probably way too much to pay. With that being said, I was happy with the 11 years of use I have had with it. Sure there was those three years of high special assessments, and an escalating MF ($444 in 2001 to $764 in 2011) but all in all, we enjoyed owning and vacationing at Kingsgate.

The 3BR lockoff provided us with good additional value due to the ability to actually get two vacation weeks out of each year's ownership. Even at $764 today, it's not a bad deal.

I do think this ownership is a great illustration of the devaluation of timeshares in general . . . purchased in 1991 for $12,300; resold for $5,000 in 2001 and given away free 10 years after that.

Last edited:

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My isster and I gave away our Ridgepointe two bedroom EOY with a Presidents Week reservation (since turned into a mid July reservation) at Lake Tahoe and the new Tugger owner and my sister and I are all happy. This timeshare really served us well as it was a lockoff. I got great trades and I recall one year getting an AC for the one bedroom side of the lockoff as well as the two trades. Two people expressed interest and we went with the first inquirer. However, right now we just have too many timeshares and managing the two to three weeks of trades were too much so on to a new owner RidgePointe! Funtime

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
105000 Wyndham Points
Inn at Silvercreek

Still trying to give away a couple more.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Yes, gave away a Polynesian Isles 2 bed 1-52 float week. Glad to be rid of it.

funtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cliff Club Snowbird Utah

My sister and I gave away a Cliff Club Crest Unit (Spring Fall unit) in Snowbird Utah on this site. This unit was great - it split into three studio units which we deposited in RCI to great advantage and the dues were only $527 a year. We owned this unit for six years but could not use all of the weeks this one unit gives for trade and we also wanted to downsize our RCI timeshares. Another TUGGER bought it and the transaction is now complete. We did the closing ourselves. Buyer did pick up the maintenance fees for 2011 and got use of the 2011 weeks.

jasstbenson

Reaction score
Wow! Many replies in only a couple of days!

I have had great success and am on my way to closing on my mother's Marriott Harbour Point timeshare. Thanks so much for your great post that led me to this board! Way to spread the word!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I had a posting here on the "Bargains" forum as well as in the TUG Marketplace. The person who's acquiring my Wyndham Kingsgate (fixed wk #18; 3BR lockoff) responded to my posting/ad in the Marketplace.

We've finalized the transaction and the closing agent is now in the loop working on the paperwork, so all should be good towards a "done deal."

I just learned this past week that everything's complete to include the registration of the new owners' info with Wyndham. I am very happy with how well the transaction was administered and the quickness in deed recording and transfer with Wyndham.

dan_hoog

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Harbour Point was given away

I'm not sure if it was the ad here specifically, but a good chance it was. This site created a handful of serious inquiries.

brucedc

TUG Member
Reaction score
New Orleans TS

Yes, I was able to find an interested party for my floating week studio at the Avenue Plaza resort in New Orleans. I found an interested party fairly quickly, after having it "for sale" through various companies over the course of about 10 years. Wish I would have gone through TUG much sooner than I did.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an observation: I am really surprised at the number of new visitors this board pulls in. And it appears they are interested in both 'adopting' as well as giving away free.

Anyway, congrats on what appears to be a successful concept. I'm sure there are many more who have successfully completed transactions and not posted to this thread.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I gave away my Sheraton Broadway Plantation 2 BD annual Gold Plus week. Kind of sad to see it go, but happy it is going to a family who will use it every year.

funtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
I gave my Winners Circle Week 39 to another TUGGER who has just retired. September in a beach town in So Cal!! Sad to see this go as well but I have far too many timeshares. Funtime

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
We gave our Marriott Willowridge Gold unit away via the bargain board. Thanks for providing it Tug, by the way. :D

We're empty nesters now and pretty much vacation in Orlando in September, January, or May - so no need to own the unit anymore since cheap rentals are easily found for those slow months in Orlando.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
About a year ago I gave away a two bedroom fixed week 28 at Sheraton Vistana Courts to a fellow tugger, she is a fabulous lady and now I have her in my Facebook list!

diggerdoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My 189K Wyndham points have a new owner

Gave them away, deeds are recorded and contracts are being transferred to new owner. Thank you TUG and fellow TUGGERS who answered all my private messages!!! :cheer:

rickles

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Harbour Pointe - Wk 50

Deed recorded to new owner last month; Marriott transferred ownership yesterday. Thanks TUG!!

middleoforchid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc, HPrincess, DSV2, MKO, MARtrust pts. Hokulani
Marriott Mountainside (eey) silver season given away in April 2011, only had it up for 2 days only. Buyer paid closing and he doesn't mind doing "exchanges" with II.

Last year 2010 sold a Kelowna ts Grand Okanagen for a few hundred dollars and it was up in bargain ads for a few days only. The new family was so pleased with the 2 bedroom unit. :)

In 2009 sold a WWVC 1 bedroom for a few hundred dollars, also via bargain ads with Tug. The buyer wanted to only stay at Lindo Mar and she just loved it!

TUG Marketplace rocks......

Joe M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Harbortown Point found a good home

It was always our best trader and still gets lots of TPUs but its time to wind down our timeshares and look at some full ownership condos in one of the areas where we frequently travel. It is time to become serious snowbirds.

Our timeshare went to a California TUGger so it becomes a drive to location for her and her family. Thank you TUG for providing this forum!

cortland

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare

I have been trying to give my Tahoe Seasons timeshare away for years with no success. I posted it on TUG and had at least 5 people who wanted it. With help from Legal Timeshare Transfers the deed was transfered out of my name in less than 90 days! Thanks TUG.

Aequitas

Reaction score
deleted

Advertising not permitted. Place ads in the TUG Marketplace.

Last edited by a moderator: