Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Exchanging > Ask Trading Places International (TPI)

Ask Trading Places International (TPI) Trading Places International representatives participate in this forum to answer your questions about TPI policy and operation.

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old December 15, 2009, 02:49 PM   #1
dboy1
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 13, 05

Resorts: Lifetime In Hawaii Village Caraibe
Bonus weeks

We went to a Wyndham sales pitch recently and were told about the deal they have with TP. If you deposit a Hawaii deeded week you get a bonus week to use also. The other part was that TP will pay your m.f. up to $699 if you deposit a Hawaii week. I am obvioasly talking about Wyndham weeks. Just wanted to know if this is true??
dboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2010, 10:42 PM   #2
nolesman98
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 26, 08

Resorts: Vacation Village @ Parkway, Kissimmee, FL
Where did you attend the Wyndham presentation? I am interested in Wyndham and would like to go to one. Do you have a phone number or web link?
nolesman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2010, 10:36 PM   #3
Kona Lovers

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 27, 06

Resorts: Paniolo Greens, Pono Kai, SVC West
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboy1 View Post
We went to a Wyndham sales pitch recently and were told about the deal they have with TP. If you deposit a Hawaii deeded week you get a bonus week to use also. The other part was that TP will pay your m.f. up to $699 if you deposit a Hawaii week. I am obvioasly talking about Wyndham weeks. Just wanted to know if this is true??
Interesting. I'd like to listen to that presentation myself.
Somewhere back where I belong..."-Switchfoot
Kona Lovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3, 2011, 10:30 AM   #4
cgeidl
TUG Member

Resorts: Waikiki Banyan-4 weeks Riviera Beach and Spa-1 week
TP bonus weeks

If you are in TP's Vacation Exchange Club you get a bonus week with any deposit so Wyndam's deal doesn't seem like much IMHO.We deposit Waikiki Banyan weeks we own( a non fancy condo unit-About a 6 on a ten point scale) and always get a bonus week with II also.
The paying of maintenance fees seems too good to be true to me but if true with no catches this would be worthwhile.
I am staying at Wyndam Waikiki in three weeks and may go to the TS presentation to find out.

Last edited by cgeidl; January 3, 2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: add info
cgeidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2011, 03:56 AM   #5
jtridle
TUG Member

Resorts: Fairfield points; Morritt's Tortuga Club; One Napili Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboy1 View Post
Just attended a Wyndham Bali Hai presentation today, trying to sell us on the benefits of being able to trade through TI and there was nothing said of paying maintenance fees. Just that we would get a bonus week.
jtridle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2011, 01:55 AM   #6
jtridle
TUG Member

Resorts: Fairfield points; Morritt's Tortuga Club; One Napili Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeidl View Post
If you are in TP's Vacation Exchange Club you get a bonus week with any deposit so Wyndam's deal doesn't seem like much IMHO.
Is their vacation exchange club a certain membership level that you have to enroll in, and perhaps pay extra? I can't find anything on their website that talks about the exchange club. And from what I can tell, you don't have to belongto it to get the bonus week. Is that correct?

Is this the same thing as their current special where you get a bonus week if you deposit by 2/15/11? Does it seem like they do this every year? Do you have to give them a hawaii year to get the bonus week?
jtridle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2011, 11:14 AM   #7
cgeidl
TUG Member

Vacation exchange club

It is awkward to find on the web site. I found it by entering Vacation exchange club in the search square.Used to be easy to find. you pay a bit to join but get an extra week if you deposit 120 days or more ahead.
cgeidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2012, 05:16 PM   #8
Hawaiibarb
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 8, 05
Wyndham Deal

My understanding is that, if you deposit a week with TPI (or equivalent points), you will get 2 weeks in return. If you choose the money for maintenance fees, there is a limit of $699.
Hawaiibarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2012, 03:51 AM   #9
slabeaume

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 4, 05

Resorts: Orange Lake Resort, Wyndham and Worldmark points
premier access members (got it with our Hawaii timeshare free for 3 years now have to renew for about $91/year to get the premier access benefits).

With that benefit, you get a bonus week with your exchanged week. But the bonus week can only be booked out something like 3 months and there is still a fee involved. Good thing about the exchange with TP is they took weeks 2 weeks or more out, so VIP benefits resulted in a 2 bedroom unit exchanged for lesser points then a 1 bedroom.

The maintenance reimbursement program is also only available for premier access members. It's instead of the exchange. You give them a week (has to be 6 months out and they'll tell you which properties they'll accept) and they'll give you $699 after the time of the exchanged week passes.

There are other benefits to the premier access membership, too, like no exchange fee into certain resorts and discount nightly stays, and cruise deal where they give you . I think members can also split up their weeks.

Last edited by slabeaume; March 24, 2012 at 03:54 AM.
slabeaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2012, 01:37 PM   #10
ronandjoan

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 9, 05

Resorts: Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Smoky Mts, Telemark Apple Pointe, Townhouses at St Augustine, Dolphins Cove, Villa del Palmar PV
[QUOTE=slabeaume;1267126]premier access members
With that benefit, you get a bonus week with your exchanged week. But the bonus week can only be booked out something like 3 months and there is still a fee involved. QUOTE]

45 days for bonus weeks which is very awkward for us. Oneis expiring and we are stuck

In our 7th year of full-time timesharing!!...but slowing.

Our travel BLOGs
http://ronandjoanjourney.blogspot.com/

http://ddayplusanzio.blogspot.com/

by Joan
ronandjoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9, 2012, 04:00 PM   #11
cgeidl
TUG Member

Bonus weeks

60 days for Hawaii and they have lots of availability there.45 for