Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Hilton / HGVC

Hilton / HGVC Discussions about Hilton resorts and Hilton Grand Vacation Club

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old March 15, 2012, 09:50 PM   #1
jbird

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 4, 12
ii vs.rci pros and cons

I heard that ii has more weeks available in prime time and prime locations with approx. 9 months in advance then rci: true or false. I would like to hear from anyone who has used both to list the pros and cons of each system. Thanks
jbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2012, 10:49 PM   #2
Bill4728

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Club Intrawest, DRI-Monarch Grand Vacations, Mountainside Lodge, Marriott Newport Coast
Since almost every HGVC TS trades in RCI, I not sure why you're asking this question.

The only HGVC TS that trade with II are a few of the affiliate TS.
Old March 15, 2012, 10:54 PM   #3
jbird

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 4, 12
I am looking at an affiliate,
jbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2012, 11:33 PM   #4
alwysonvac

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 11, 05

Resorts: Four Seasons (1 wk), non-elite Hilton (2 EY + 1 EOY), Disney, WorldMark, Stawood (1 EY + 1 EOY)
I think it depends on where you want to go and when you can travel.
Think about where you want to go, review the exchange company resort directory, take a look at the resort reviews at the places you think you want to visit and ask questions about realistic exchange availability on the appropriate TUG forum.

See my old post regarding RCI and II - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=12

TIP: When you pull up a resort in II's directory also take a look at the travel demand index.
For example:
(1) Go to the directory - http://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=1500
(2) Select South Carolina, Hilton Head
(3) Select any resort in that area
(4) above the Check-in Days, click on the link to the "Travel Demand Index" (see image below). The travel demand index it will tell you the greatest availability and the greatest demand (aka the least availability).

NOTE: RCI seems to offer more summer availability at beach destinations than II (however summer beach destinations may not be an important factor to you).

Last edited by alwysonvac; March 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM.
alwysonvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2012, 09:26 AM   #5
elaine
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 8, 05

Resorts: Waterside (HHI), DVC
I have high value traders in both (east coast summer beach weeks). I find much more in RCI. I use II to get Marriotts--but I am behind the line for those with M preference. I got 1st week Jan in Aruba at Marriott Surf Club, but only a studio---fine as it is DH and I going, but I had to give up a 2 BR. Otherwise, there was really nothing I wanted at all--but we need to travel with kids at prime times. IIs European coverage is terrible for prime times.
RCI--early bird get the worm--I got a 2BR in Germany for summer, got 2 weeks at HGVC in Hawaii when HGVC did a big bulk last May, Smugglers Notch summer 2X, Flagstaff, 3 DVCs, 3X Pacific NW. All trips were planned at least 1 year out (except DVC), and many were 18 months out. If you strategize and watch the TUG sightings, you can do still get good trades with RCI.
elaine is offline   Reply With Quote