Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Marriott Resort System

Marriott Resort System Discussion of Marriott Timeshare Resorts, Marriott Vacation Club, and Marriott Destination Points memberships!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old April 15, 2012, 03:07 PM   #1
amanda14
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 17, 05

Resorts: Marriott Grande Vista Marriott Lakeshore Reserve
Surf Club Garden View and Crowds

Hi.

Going there July 3rd via points and wanted to know how crowds are at the resort and at that time is the beach chair drama still prevalent. I.e. getting up a 5:00 to make a reservation.

Also, what are chances if any getting moved from the 2 br garden view to an oceanview. Not a big deal but figured I'd ask. Any input on requests I should make in regard to rooms is appreciated.
amanda14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012, 04:30 PM   #2
m61376

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 2, 06

Resorts: Marriott's Aruba Surf Club
Beach chaises are plentiful all day. The issue is getting a palapa if you want (a fixed umbrella unit). Half can be reserved for free (half of those at 4PM the day before and half at 7AM that day) and half can be reserved for $15 for the first 2 rows or $10 for rows three and back for two days at a time, skipping 2 days between reservations.

Some people do get on line at 5 -5:30AM but you can still get one closer to 7 or even afterwards, just further back. Similarly, you can get one if you go on line by 3:30, or 3:45 in the afternoon the day before. There are also bimini chaises (chaises with canopies) that are generally available until late morning. This past Feb. they were getting a whole new batch of the biminis because demand was exceeding supply.

As for view- like the other Marriotts, you get what view you reserved (assuming you meant DC points) and they do not upgrade view. For a GV room- request the Spyglass building, high floor, and a room closest to the ocean (preferably a corner unit). Above the 5th floor or so those rooms have great ocean views.
m61376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Steve A
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 28, 05

Resorts: Two weeks at the Barony, HHI; one week at the Aruba Ocean Club. One week at the Marriott Grand Chateau.
We will be at the Marriott Ocean Club timeshare next door at the same time. We frequently go over the 4th of July and it is not especially crowded on the island. You should be able to get a palapa without too many problems. The OC, which is a separate timeshare and whose facilities are not available to those staying at the SC, there are plenty of palapas and if you get up early enough you can reserve in the first or second row.
Steve A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Chili Pepper
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 27, 06

Resorts: Marriott Surf Club (Aruba); Grand Mayan (Nuevo Vallarta)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m61376 View Post
Similarly, you can get one if you go on line by 3:30, or 3:45 in the afternoon the day before.
I'm also heading to SC this summer and didn't know that palapas could be reserved on line the afternoon before. Specifically, where would I go online to reserve once I'm there? What is the website I'm looking for?

Thanks for any help you could provide.
Chili Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2012, 12:38 PM   #5
siesta
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 12, 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
I'm also heading to SC this summer and didn't know that palapas could be reserved on line the afternoon before. Specifically, where would I go online to reserve once I'm there? What is the website I'm looking for?

Typo, should have read "in line" as in getting in the line, not online
siesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2012, 04:15 PM   #6
m61376

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 2, 06

Resorts: Marriott's Aruba Surf Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post

People line up by the beach hut. The afternoon line is very social and not really a line- people sit on benches, lounge on chairs in the vicinity, and it is all done with an informal count off.
m61376 is offline   Reply With Quote