Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Marriott Resort System

Marriott Resort System Discussion of Marriott Timeshare Resorts, Marriott Vacation Club, and Marriott Destination Points memberships!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old April 15, 2012, 03:29 PM   #1
cindi
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: TownCenter at Jackson Hole, Fox Run, Cypress Harbour, Disney BVW, Sheraton Desert Oasis
Marriott Royal orSable Palms or Marriott Lakeshore

Right now I can chose between Sable or Royal Palms, near the Orlando World Center. If I want to pay another exchange fee.

I actually have a reservation for the dates I need at Marriott Lakeshore, but the location at the Palms is better for the meeting DH is going to. Better mainly because from that area there are free shuttles to his meeting (at the Gaylord Palms).

If we stay at Lakeshore, I will end up having to drop him off and pick him up. I have done that a few years now, but we usually stay at Cypress Harbour. Easy drive. Not sure how easy of a drive it would be from Lakeshore, as I haven't stayed there.

Anyone have any opinion? Stay where we are or pay the extra exchange fee?

And if the census is one of the Palms, which one?? I know the Imperial Palms has been recently redone. Have the other two?
Old April 15, 2012, 07:14 PM   #2
Big Matt
TUG Member

Resorts: Marriott's Manor Club Sequel Platinum, Marriott Grande Vista Platinum, Foxrun week 39
Sabal is closest to the world center. I stayed there in Feb. and it was great. The units were redone and wonderful. My only comment is that you are in a townhouse style unit and my be on the second floor and have to hike up and down (no elevator). Royal is more like a traditional MVC building. It is farther from the world center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindi View Post
Right now I can chose between Sable or Royal Palms, near the Orlando World Center. If I want to pay another exchange fee.

I actually have a reservation for the dates I need at Marriott Lakeshore, but the location at the Palms is better for the meeting DH is going to. Better mainly because from that area there are free shuttles to his meeting (at the Gaylord Palms).

If we stay at Lakeshore, I will end up having to drop him off and pick him up. I have done that a few years now, but we usually stay at Cypress Harbour. Easy drive. Not sure how easy of a drive it would be from Lakeshore, as I haven't stayed there.

Anyone have any opinion? Stay where we are or pay the extra exchange fee?

And if the census is one of the Palms, which one?? I know the Imperial Palms has been recently redone. Have the other two?
Big Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2012, 10:47 PM   #3
TSPam
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 2, 11

Resorts: Club Intrawest DVC wilderness lodge
Hi,
I spent 5 weeks at Sabal in November/December. It has been nicely redone BUT there is glass block in the fancy shower and it lets light into the bedroom at night from the porch light and really brightly when the sun comes up. YIKES!

I visited Royal palms and they were very nice and I liked that the balconies jutted out from the buildings giving great views all day. They didn't seem quite as recently renovated and the bathrooms at Sabal were nicer (except for the crazy light from the glass block)

It will be a very short commute from the Royals to Gaylord Palms.

Lakeshore is at the corner of John Young and Central Florida Parkway so though much longer it would be a pretty easy drive. You could take Central Florida to I4 ( same entrance to I4 as from Cypress Harbour) and exit for Gaylord Palms. You could also go south on John Young to 417 to Osceola parkway.

I have heard from some that Lakeshore reserve is great and being next to the Ritz carleton and JW Marriott is a great bonus (lazy river)

Sabal Palms is closest to the Marriott World centre and an easy walk to it's pools. It is a longer walk, or shuttle from Royal palms. None of the palms have many activities (not like Cypress Harbour or Grande Vista) I have not stayed at Lakeshore reserve (staying there in December) so don't know about their activites
TSPam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2012, 03:26 PM   #4
NboroGirl

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 7, 09

Resorts: Marriott Grande Vista (Platinum 2BR and 3BR)
Having stayted at both Sabal Palms and Lakeshore, I would choose Lakeshore in a heartbeat. But a lot depends on what you want to/will be doing after your spouse leaves for his meetings. Do you plan on hanging around the resort all day? Then pick Lakeshore reserve... it has a beautiful pool area and there are activities scheduled during the day. If you plan on going to the parks or something during the day, then maybe the convenience of the Palms would win out for me.
NboroGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2012, 03:51 PM   #5
Quilter
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 9, 05
I would call the World Center and ask if there are any shuttles between it and the JW or the Ritz. Then you stay at LR and hubby could take shuttle.
Quilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2012, 09:40 PM   #6
cindi
TUG Member

Resorts: TownCenter at Jackson Hole, Fox Run, Cypress Harbour, Disney BVW, Sheraton Desert Oasis
Thanks everyone. I think I will stay put at Lakeside.

I do plan on spending a lot of time relaxing around the resort, so I ~suppose~ I can take him back and forth. I imagine I can fit it into my schedule.

I am glad to hear it sounds like it won't be so bad to drive over there, as I wasn't quite sure where the heck it was. Osceola runs right along one side of Gaylord Palms so it should be a simple matter to get back and forth.

I appreciate the helpful comments.