Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Wyndham Resorts

Wyndham Resorts Discussion of Wyndham Timeshare Systems: Club Wyndham, Wyndham Asia Pacific, Shell Vacations, Equivest, Pahio, Trendwest & Cendent

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old April 16, 2012, 04:30 PM   #51
scootr5
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 16, 11

Resorts: Starwood - SBP; Christmas Mountain Village - Timbers UDI; Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrlongwell View Post
Thank you for sharing that your re-sale contract purchase had problems with Wyndham. I am sorry to hear that it took two years to get a deed. Also, thank-you for the attack post. It appears I had a similar problem. In my case, I had to hire a attorney/closing company that Title picked as a condition of deed transfer. I would have to pay them. This was the timeshare(s) coming from the Estate. Like in your case, that did not happen. Alas, the problems that need to be overcome when ownership changes occur that are not bought as a new timeshare purchase directly from Wyndham.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I think that was his original developer purchase and not resale.

Last edited by scootr5; April 17, 2012 at 08:36 AM.
scootr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2012, 08:24 PM   #52
vckempson

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 14, 10

Resorts: Wyndham, Smokey Mts & Pagosa Springs (330k pts) / 3 Lockoffs in overbuilt, overhyped places (Cheap TPU's)
Quote:
Also, thank-you for the attack post. .
You do get caught with a lot of trouble aimed in your direction, don't you? Wyndham tries to throw you out and take your deeds away from you. You can't get deeds transferred properly. Here on Tug you constantly have "attack posts" thrown your way. Have you considered that these troubles might be brought on by yourself? Maybe one of the following two things is going on.

1. Your behavior invites trouble. With Wyndham, at least, you seem quite happy to return to the wolf's den over, and over, and over.

2. Your trouble isn't really trouble, but only a misperception of attacking behavior. At Wyndham, you seem to take everything quite literally as the gospel truth and here continue to characterize posts as attacking when it's just a difference of opinion.

Out of all that I've read about your squirrely issues, the only common denominator in all your troubles and attacks seems to be... well, you. Maybe some self assessment might be in order. While I'm sure you'll take this as another "attack post", it's not. It's food for thought to think about your part in all your ongoing problems.

Last edited by vckempson; April 16, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
vckempson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2012, 08:34 PM   #53
rrlongwell

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 14, 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vckempson View Post
You do get caught with a lot of trouble aimed in your direction, don't you? Wyndham tries to throw you out and take your deeds away from you. You can't get deeds transferred properly. Here on Tug you constantly have "attack posts" thrown your way. Have you considered that these troubles might be brought on by yourself? Maybe one of the following two things is going on.

1. Your behavior invites trouble. With Wyndham, at least, you seem quite happy to return to the wolf's den over, and over, and over.

2. Your trouble isn't really trouble, but only a misperception of attacking behavior. At Wyndham, you seem to take everything quite literally as the gospel truth and here continue to characterize posts as attacking when it's just a difference of opinion.

Out of all that I've read about your squirrely issues, the only common denominator in all your troubles and attacks seems to be... well, you. Maybe some self assessment might be in order. While I'm sure you'll take this as another "attack post", it's not. It's food for thought to think about your part in all your ongoing problems.
Thank you for the attack post.
rrlongwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2012, 10:15 PM   #54
Cheryl20772

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 5, 10

Resorts: Panama City Beach 308K VIP, Grand Seas Daytona (Club Navigo) - 1 wk
Quote:
Depends on your finacial situation. If you can afford to go to Gold VIP or higher and like to travel a lot over the years. I would not recend, what you agreed to buy are VIP eligable points and can be supplemented later on to get the status.
They lose nothing by rescinding and gain time to make an informed decision about making such a large purchase.

Most of us would never make such a large purchase without looking at all angles of it and thinking it over first. Most of those coming here saying they just signed a contract are confused and really have no idea what they are buying. How can they know if they want VIP if they don't understand what it is? Many have been outright misrepresented to in the sales room. Let them at least study the member directory and learn how the system works and what it costs over time (and how difficult it can be to sell later on) before they jump into a developer purchase.
Cheryl20772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2012, 12:27 AM   #55
FreeIn2010

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 1, 10

Resorts: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl20772 View Post
They lose nothing by rescinding and gain time to make an informed decision about making such a large purchase.

Most of us would never make such a large purchase without looking at all angles of it and thinking it over first. Most of those coming here saying they just signed a contract are confused and really have no idea what they are buying. How can they know if they want VIP if they don't understand what it is? Many have been outright misrepresented to in the sales room. Let them at least study the member directory and learn how the system works and what it costs over time (and how difficult it can be to sell later on) before they jump into a developer purchase.
Excellent advice neighbor!
Old April 17, 2012, 08:34 AM   #56
Cheryl20772

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 5, 10

Resorts: Panama City Beach 308K VIP, Grand Seas Daytona (Club Navigo) - 1 wk
Quote:
You do get caught... Here on Tug you constantly ... Have you considered ...

1. Your behavior ...

2. Your trouble isn't really trouble...

Out of all that I've read about your squirrely issues...
Such a message can only be interpreted as an "attack". It's an example of "ad hominem" rather than polite discourse and contributes little to the conversation.
Cheryl20772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2012, 08:54 AM   #57
Rent_Share
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 10, 05

Resorts: WorldMark 15K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl20772 View Post
Such a message can only be interpreted as an "attack". It's an example of "ad hominem" rather than polite discourse and contributes little to the conversation.

This is an attack

Quote:
"Pay no attention to this POSTER no one has yet to figure out his agenda, reads what anybody posts from any encounter and reposts it as fact" by RentShare
You shortened the quotes from vckempson who articulated what was wrong with rwrongwell's postings
Rent_Share is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2012, 09:33 AM   #58
rrlongwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by vckempson View Post
... Here on Tug you constantly have "attack posts" thrown your way ...
Attack posts through TUG appears just to be a way of life for those that do not support the TUG "Click". My guess it is more attributable to the inherent business competion between Wyndham (both re-sale and rental) and the re-seller and renters that participate on this board. If anyone is interested in who the Tug Click group is, just review to the boards to see the screen names of those doing the attacking.

Last edited by rrlongwell; April 17, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old April 17, 2012, 02:31 PM   #59
amycurl
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 26, 11

Resorts: Harbor Ridge, ME
I'm pretty sure the word is "clique." This has been driving me crazy in the posts about this subject lately.

I don't have a dog in this fight, except as someone who doesn't like to see the language abused.
amycurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2012, 02:41 PM   #60
scootr5
TUG Member

Resorts: Starwood - SBP; Christmas Mountain Village - Timbers UDI; Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Quote:
Originally Posted by amycurl View Post
I'm pretty sure the word is "clique." This has been driving me crazy in the posts about this subject lately.
That's correct, but I was hesitant to point it out earlier....
Old April 17, 2012, 02:45 PM   #61
Passepartout

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 10, 07
OK. Is it 'perk', or 'perq' or 'perque'? Referring of course to the short form of 'perquisite'.

Jim
Passepartout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2012, 03:13 PM   #62
amycurl
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 26, 11

Resorts: Harbor Ridge, ME
Based on this:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/perquisite
both perq and perk are correct.

Yet, only clique refers to a group of people. Click, as a noun, can mean three or four different things, but none of them mean the same thing as clique:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/click

English is a funny, funny thing, especially when one spends quite a bit of one's day explaining rules like this to an inquisitive five-year-old. *shifty eyes*
amycurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2012, 05:27 PM   #63
rrlongwell

Nice to see TUG keeps reaching new lows. Not only personal attack posts fair game but personel ridicule.
Old April 17, 2012, 06:24 PM   #64
scootr5
TUG Member

Quote:
Nice to see TUG keeps reaching new lows. Not only personal attack posts fair game but personel ridicule.
I don't think anyone was intending to ridicule you, Amy was only trying to point out (in a polite way) the correct spelling of a word you've used several times in the last few days on the forum. After that, there are a couple of humorous observations on the intricacies and quirks of the English language.
Old April 17, 2012, 07:01 PM   #65
rrlongwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr5 View Post
I don't think anyone was intending to ridicule you, Amy was only trying to point out (in a polite way) the correct spelling of a word you've used several times in the last few days on the forum. After that, there are a couple of humorous observations on the intricacies and quirks of the English language.
Like I said - personal ridical, those that do not follow TUG company line great some real bad treatment. Does not do much to encourge open discussion, I guess saying anything not in accordance with the "Company Line" makes it OK. Sometimes I wonder what the difference is between the Wyndham staff and the described posters. I think I just figured it out, the sales staff are better mannered and more accurate. For those that are in the timeshare business, maybe, if they work hard enough and long enough, they could get up to a "F" grade for their business related activities.

Last edited by rrlongwell; April 17, 2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old April 17, 2012, 09:04 PM   #66
ledaga

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 29, 10
The sales staff definitely not well mannered. They are probably the worst sales people I have seen in my life. Wyndham is great except for their sales staff, but they bring in money to fill the coffers. Everyone needs to be honest about what you are getting and what you are paying for and stop the bickering.
ledaga is offline   Reply With Quote