Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Resort Regions > US - Western

US - Western Discuss resorts and resort areas in the following States: AZ CA CO ID MT NV NM OR UT WA WY

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old May 2, 2012, 08:54 PM   #1
cwbill1
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 27, 05

Resorts: Los Abrigatos, Skier's Edge, Champayne Sports Resort, Villages at Boneventure
Advice on Antelope Canyon

I am trying to decide what tour company to take go to Antelope Canyon with. Am planning on doing a photo tour. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
cwbill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 04:45 AM   #2
Margariet
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 25, 11
Last year we did the photo tour with Antelope Slot Canyon Tour by Chief Tsosie. It was a phototour for me and my husband of 2,5 hour with a native guide who was specialized in photo location. I can highly recommend it if you are into photography. Other tours are shorter and in larger groups which I would not recommend. You'll need the time. Our guide was very good and gave us all the opportunity to make pics. If you need more info you can send me a PM.
Margariet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 10:43 AM   #3
Karen G

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 17, 04

Resorts: Pueblo Bonito Rose
Just so you know, there are two Antelope Canyons--Upper & Lower. In the Upper one, it is level and you just walk right in. In the Lower one, you climb down a ladder from one of the openings in the top. Initially we had intended to do both, but once we did the Upper and got tons of pictures, we didn't feel the need to do the Lower one.

We weren't on a photo tour and used just a point-and-shoot camera, but the photos were incredible. Try to arrange your time so that you are inside around noon because the shafts of sunlight coming straight down make for some really cool pictures.

Since the canyons are on Navajo land, you have to go in with a guide. We
just drove there ourselves, paid the fees, and went inside with the guide. It was possible to make arrangements on site for a photo tour the next day.
Karen G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 04:54 PM   #4
Icc5
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Donatello, Orange Lake, Lawrence Welk (Escondido), Worldmark
Upper and lower

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbill1 View Post
I am trying to decide what tour company to take go to Antelope Canyon with. Am planning on doing a photo tour. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
We've been to both now. We did the lower a few years ago and the upper last year. When we did the lower our guide (older female family member) if I remember correctly she was the grandaughter took all the pictures for us with my wife's camera. They were great pictures and somehow my wife ended up deleting them by mistake.
Bart