Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Resort Regions > US - Hawaii

US - Hawaii Discussion of Hawaii Timeshare Resorts and activities/tips for vacations in Hawaii!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old May 3, 2012, 06:38 AM   #1
jmd42
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Sheraton's Vistana:Orlando Paniolo Green's:Hawaii voyager Beach Club;Treasure Island
Airline tickets

I am trying to figure out best way to buy airline tickets to Hawaii. I will traveling to Kauai and Maui from Dayton Ohio in Feb. 2013. If anyone can help me figure out how to buy package I would appreciate it. Thanx
jmd42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 10:02 AM   #2
artringwald

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 22, 11

Resorts: DRI Point at Poupu, 2 weeks
We're going to Kauai and Maui from Minneapolis in Feb and the best deal we could find was through Alaska Airlines. We booked a multi destination through them to get to Kauai and come home from Maui. If you sign up for an Alaska Airlines Visa, you get a $99 companion ticket as soon as you sign up. It can be used for mainland flights to Hawaii and for first class tickets. However, if you're flying from Dayton on Alaska Airlines, you're going to be making a bunch of stops on the way.

We booked the inter island through Island Air because they have several non-stops. Just about all the Hawaiian Airlines flights from Kauai to Maui go through Honolulu.
artringwald is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 11:27 AM   #3
BMWguynw

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 1, 06

Resorts: Kauai Beach Villas
I agree with the above. Multi-city booking is the easist way to do it. We regularly fly Alaska Airlines to one island, and fly them back from another. The difference for me is the interisland leg. We use Hawaiian Airlines for that.

The Alaska Visa card is a great way to get lower-cost airfare. I use my $99 companion fare voucher to offset the ticket cost. We can get two First Class tickets for the price of one plus $99, which averages out to around the same cost as two coach seats.

Hawaiian Airlines also has a Visa card that currently gives (I think) 35000 miles on signup. I like to use those miles for the interisland part of my trips. It makes it easy to book a one-way hop for several people without spending a lot. Their card also gives one-time discounts for two coach seats from the Mainland to Hawaii and back. That may be something to look into.

Dave
BMWguynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2012, 07:47 PM   #4
artringwald

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 22, 11

Resorts: DRI Point at Poupu, 2 weeks
Another advantage of flying first class on Alaska is that if you need to make changes, there is no charge. We just found out the return flight connections were better if we stayed another day. We booked another day at the resort (oh darn) and changed the flight without having to pay anything extra.
artringwald is online now   Reply With Quote