• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St. John [Master Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
... Deleted ...

Let's try again...

As mentioned, these are 2 separate issues - as most, I do not pretend to know anything about contract law, but know enough that one issue has nothing to do with the other. I'll let the people who have responded already explain the contractual situation (did you bother reading them before that fabulously thought out 1st post?). Good luck with getting rid of the awful burden that somehow was forced upon you because you choose not to pay attention to how SVO works for so many years until the collective genius and well intended coalition informed you. {sarcasm}

As to the refurbish and the current make-up of the SVO VGV HOA BOD - I would suggest going back to the first post of this thread and actually read the salient posts - along with the inbedded links to try and educate yourself of what has been going on for the 6 years (plus) before laying into us (me...) about how stupid we (me...) must be not to see how Tom et.al. is looking out for our (my...) best interest. And seemingly how SVO has colluded to get Bob and Phil elected in the first place - considering they were not on the HOA BOD when the 1st, 2nd and 3rd attempt to get the 'illegal' refurbish done. btw, Bob and Phil were one of the original coalition members - and have done 1000x more than anyone to improve VGV and create better transparency. But 'screw the facts' and just rant away about how Bob and Phil have wronged you - and they are just SVO pawns (that seems logical).

Good 1st post... How stupid and uninformed we (me...) must be...

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
WSJ VGV 2010 Property Tax Bill

In case you were not aware (or haven't recieved yours)...

The WSJ VGV 2010 Property tax bills have been sent out and due Sep 30, 2012.

They are still at the 1999 rate, but the USVI Gov't has almost caught up. Expect a large increase in TS property taxes once approved - on the upside - this may take a while.

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
StJ 2012 Restaurant/Bar Closings for Off-Season (from Ruth at St John Spice)

http://stjohnspice.com/stjohnrestaurants.htm

Thank you for posting this; I was actually wondering about restaurant closures as I will be in St. John August 19-26. Gratefully, none of the closures (that we planned on eating at) affect us. BTW, I just got back from two weeks in Alaska so I cannot wait for some tropical time!

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this; I was actually wondering about restaurant closures as I will be in St. John August 19-26. Gratefully, none of the closures (that we planned on eating at) affect us. BTW, I just got back from two weeks in Alaska so I cannot wait for some tropical time!

We got back last week and had a fantastic time, once again.

We ate at Zozo's for the first time.....Excellent meal! We booked a month out and reserved seats on the second level to watch the sunset during dinner.

DSC_7364.jpg

DSC_7368.jpg

DSC_7414.jpg

DSC_7415.jpg

DSC_7416.jpg

DSC_7417.jpg

DSC_7418.jpg

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great pics of Zozo's (view and food). Last year we ate there twice but this year we might make it three times.

We also like meals at La Plancha (especially since they moved locations as the old location as cramped and overcrowded- sangria!). Our favorite view for dinner is from Asolare and the food is pretty good there as well.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well... if you decide to eat-in and want some delicious take-out close by -
It appears that our favorite StJ Chef (Ted from Ted's Supper Club) is now serving take-out at StJ Market

now... this is newsworthy! yum-yum-yum - June cannot come soon enough...

http://www.on-stjohn.com/2012/08/20/take-out-ted-and-caribbean-take-out-too/#comments

Picked up some take out there last week ,Shrimp in sauce and yellow rice ,very good .The other dishes looked good also.

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here now. The storm impact is minimal. The ocean level is up to the cement near the pool though.

J&JFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here now. The storm impact is minimal. The ocean level is up to the cement near the pool though.

Could you post a picture of that? I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're describing. If what I'm imagining in my head is true, the water has eliminated most of the beach (sand) area?

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
Glad it was not too bad there. Hope it didn't dampen your vacation too much.

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could you post a picture of that? I'm having a hard time visualizing what you're describing. If what I'm imagining in my head is true, the water has eliminated most of the beach (sand) area?

I'm sorry but I didn't take a picture. The next day the sand on the cement was cleaned up.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe this should be under "Bargain Deals", but as it's not mine, I thought I'd start here.

In my never-ending quest for the ultimate t/s deal (does this really exist ?), I came across a 2 bd/3 Bth., WSJ, week 46, Villa # 3321 , Sat - Sat, for $2,500 for sale, not a rental.

I am posting the link here, but am not sure if that would be considered advertising. If so, mods, please delete the link and you can PM me.
http://www.stjohnusvirealestate.com/timeshare_fractional.php?order_mls=list_price#mls

I thought about going for it, but I just sold one similar to this and have decided not to. For the MFs and anticipated pending legal fees, I will either rent a unit at WSJ or Caneel Bay.

I have no financial interest in this property and would decline the offer of same and cannot vouch for the realtor.

Thanks !

Last edited:

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marginal Stay

We just came back and had a very marginal stay. To me it wasn't even close to any other Starwwod stay to date.

Looking for advice if I should just fill out their survey or escalate it to Suzzane Clark.

I met with Shamir (Guest Relations) while we were still there to try to resolve the issues.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
SC is SVP of Owner Services - if your issue about Owner Services then she would be the one to contact. If it was directly an issue with your stay, then the GM of the WSJ phase you stayed in. If you stay was at the hotel part - then SPG.
If your comparison is to other SPG/SVO stays, then you may want to read threads about this. As your post did not list details-hard to advise...

Status
Not open for further replies.