Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Marriott Resort System
Log into the TUG BBS:

Marriott Resort System Discussion of Marriott Timeshare Resorts, Marriott Vacation Club, and Marriott Destination Points memberships!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

 
Forum Jump


Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10, 2012, 10:23 AM   #1
FractionalTraveler
 
FractionalTraveler's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Feb 29, 12
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,759

Resorts: Legacy Owner, DC Member, Trust Owner
Marriott Digital Membership Card

Anyone have a check-in experience at a MVCI property using their MR Digital Membership Card?

The new Marriott mobile apps are nice. I could get all this information in the past via other electronic sources but itís nice to have it all in one central location.

Now I would just like for them to roll out electronic check-in to other properties. I have tried the electronic check-in process in San Francisco, Atlanta, Washington DC, and a few others. I find the overall experience quick and easy in most cases.

FT
__________________
FractionalTraveler
FractionalTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2012, 02:52 PM   #2
swaits
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Sep 3, 12
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Posts: 153
I've rarely needed to show my MR card, digital or otherwise, at check-in. I do always make certain that that they have the number on the reservation though.

I do use the iOS app regularly to check our points balance and total stays for the year. It works well.
swaits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2012, 04:38 PM   #3
rthib
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Jun 15, 05
Location: Savage, MN
Posts: 536

Resorts: Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Canyon Villas
I am Platinum Premiere with Marriott and have never used my card at check-in in 10+ years.
I have used it for discounts but never at check-in.
rthib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2012, 09:01 PM   #4
FractionalTraveler
 
FractionalTraveler's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Feb 29, 12
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,759

Resorts: Legacy Owner, DC Member, Trust Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthib View Post
I am Platinum Premiere with Marriott and have never used my card at check-in in 10+ years.
I have used it for discounts but never at check-in.
In certain properties, you can bypass the normal check-in process by using your card or mobile device to automatically check-in.
__________________
FractionalTraveler
FractionalTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2012, 01:09 AM   #5
PearlCity
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Dec 22, 09
Location: hawaii
Posts: 666

Resorts: EOY MVC Canyon Villas, Worldmark, DVC
How do you get a hard copy or digital membership card?
PearlCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2012, 10:01 AM   #6
swaits
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Sep 3, 12
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by FractionalTraveler View Post
In certain properties, you can bypass the normal check-in process by using your card or mobile device to automatically check-in.
Very interesting. I've never seen this.
swaits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2012, 11:10 AM   #7
SueDonJ
Moderator
 
SueDonJ's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Jul 26, 06
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 9,018

Resorts: Marriott Vacation Club: Barony Beach and SurfWatch
FT, can you explain a little bit more? As near as I can figure from what you've posted, you've used an app called "Marriott Rewards Digital Membership Card" to electronically check in to Marriott hotel stays and you're asking if it can also be used to check in to the timeshares?

If that's what you're asking, I'd guess that the app can be used for any cash/MR points stays booked through marriott.com or their telephone lines, including stays at MVCI properties that are booked with cash/MR points.

I'd also guess that the electronic check-in app is tied to the marriott.com system, and thus not usable for Weeks/DC Points stays booked through my-vacationclub.com or their telephone lines. At least, we haven't gotten any notices from my-vacationclub.com email addresses and there's nothing on the website announcing the app's introduction. How did you learn about it?

That's what I get from your post, anyway. Please correct me if it's wrong.
__________________
Susan
SueDonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2012, 11:10 AM   #8
Bogeygirl
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Mar 9, 08
Location: Stouffville, Ontario
Posts: 191

Resorts: Canyon Villas, Lakeshore Reserve
Quote:
Originally Posted by FractionalTraveler View Post
Anyone have a check-in experience at a MVCI property using their MR Digital Membership Card?

The new Marriott mobile apps are nice. I could get all this information in the past via other electronic sources but itís nice to have it all in one central location.

Now I would just like for them to roll out electronic check-in to other properties. I have tried the electronic check-in process in San Francisco, Atlanta, Washington DC, and a few others. I find the overall experience quick and easy in most cases.

FT
Is this an iPhone app?
Bogeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2012, 08:22 PM   #9
rthib
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Jun 15, 05
Location: Savage, MN
Posts: 536

Resorts: Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Canyon Villas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FractionalTraveler View Post
In certain properties, you can bypass the normal check-in process by using your card or mobile device to automatically check-in.
The one kiosk I used (I normally go to desk to make sure I get upgrade), I only needed my Credit Card.
rthib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2012, 08:28 PM   #10
FractionalTraveler
 
FractionalTraveler's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Feb 29, 12
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,759

Resorts: Legacy Owner, DC Member, Trust Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlCity View Post
How do you get a hard copy or digital membership card?
The Digital card is available when you login on the Marriott mobile app. The mobile app is available on the iOS, Android, and BB platforms. The hardcopy card is mailed every membership year at renewal time.
__________________
FractionalTraveler
FractionalTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2012, 08:29 PM   #11
FractionalTraveler
 
FractionalTraveler's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Feb 29, 12
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,759

Resorts: Legacy Owner, DC Member, Trust Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaits View Post
Very interesting. I've never seen this.
They only have it at certain hotel properties at the moment.
__________________
FractionalTraveler
FractionalTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2012, 08:31 PM   #12
FractionalTraveler
 
FractionalTraveler's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Feb 29, 12
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,759

Resorts: Legacy Owner, DC Member, Trust Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueDonJ View Post
FT, can you explain a little bit more? As near as I can figure from what you've posted, you've used an app called "Marriott Rewards Digital Membership Card" to electronically check in to Marriott hotel stays and you're asking if it can also be used to check in to the timeshares?

If that's what you're asking, I'd guess that the app can be used for any cash/MR points stays booked through marriott.com or their telephone lines, including stays at MVCI properties that are booked with cash/MR points.

I'd also guess that the electronic check-in app is tied to the marriott.com system, and thus not usable for Weeks/DC Points stays booked through my-vacationclub.com or their telephone lines. At least, we haven't gotten any notices from my-vacationclub.com email addresses and there's nothing on the website announcing the app's introduction. How did you learn about it?

That's what I get from your post, anyway. Please correct me if it's wrong.

Yes, but the property needs to have the kiosk to make this happen automatically.
__________________
FractionalTraveler
FractionalTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2012, 08:31 PM   #13
FractionalTraveler
 
FractionalTraveler's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Feb 29, 12
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,759

Resorts: Legacy Owner, DC Member, Trust Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogeygirl View Post
Is this an iPhone app?
Yes, iOS is supported.
__________________
FractionalTraveler
FractionalTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11, 2012, 08:33 PM   #14
FractionalTraveler
 
FractionalTraveler's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Feb 29, 12
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,759

Resorts: Legacy Owner, DC Member, Trust Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthib View Post
The one kiosk I used (I normally go to desk to make sure I get upgrade), I only needed my Credit Card.
Do you remember what property did you last use this? I have been able to use it most recently at the SF Airport Marriott and the Atlanta Airport Marriott.
__________________
FractionalTraveler
FractionalTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2012, 09:47 AM   #15
Ron98GT
 
Ron98GT's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Nov 30, 10
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,641

Resorts: HGVC, Marriott, & RCI Points
Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlCity View Post
How do you get a hard copy or digital membership card?
Yeah, what membership card. And Digital First I've heard of this.
Ron98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2012, 12:03 PM   #16
FractionalTraveler
 
FractionalTraveler's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Feb 29, 12
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,759

Resorts: Legacy Owner, DC Member, Trust Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron98GT View Post
Yeah, what membership card. And Digital First I've heard of this.
Here is the link: https://www.marriott.com/marriott/mobile-apps.mi

The digital card is accessed once you login.

Also see: http://www.marriott.com/hotel-promot...igital-card.mi
__________________
FractionalTraveler
FractionalTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2012, 02:27 PM   #17
Ron98GT
 
Ron98GT's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Nov 30, 10
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,641

Resorts: HGVC, Marriott, & RCI Points
Quote:
Originally Posted by FractionalTraveler View Post
Here is the link: https://www.marriott.com/marriott/mobile-apps.mi

The digital card is accessed once you login.

Also see: http://www.marriott.com/hotel-promot...igital-card.mi
Thanks for the links, since I never heard about this before.

After reading both links, it looks like it has nothing to do with Marriott timeshares, only Marriott hotels?
Ron98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2012, 03:56 PM   #18
swaits
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Sep 3, 12
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron98GT View Post
After reading both links, it looks like it has nothing to do with Marriott timeshares, only Marriott hotels?
Yes.

It pertains to Marriott Rewards, which aren't necessarily completely split from MVCI. For example, stays at MVCI do count toward your annual nights stayed count, and dollars spent there on the Marriott Visa do pay 5x.
swaits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2012, 04:56 PM   #19
FractionalTraveler
 
FractionalTraveler's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Feb 29, 12
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,759

Resorts: Legacy Owner, DC Member, Trust Owner
As a MR member, your digital identity can be used to earn points or miles at MVCI properties.
__________________
FractionalTraveler
FractionalTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2012, 08:25 PM   #20
dioxide45
 
dioxide45's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: May 20, 06
Location: Ohio
Posts: 15,930

Resorts: Marriott's Grande Vista, Marriott's Harbour Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by FractionalTraveler View Post
As a MR member, your digital identity can be used to earn points or miles at MVCI properties.
But isn't your MR account being used for this, digital or not? I just don't understand the purpose of this.
dioxide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2012, 10:34 PM   #21
FractionalTraveler
 
FractionalTraveler's Avatar
TUG Member
 
BBS Reg. Date: Feb 29, 12
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,759

Resorts: Legacy Owner, DC Member, Trust Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioxide45 View Post
But isn't your MR account being used for this, digital or not? I just don't understand the purpose of this.
The digital identity facilitates the check-in process where automated check-in kiosks have been deployed.
__________________
FractionalTraveler
FractionalTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.7
BBS Software Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Editorial Content Copyright ©1993 - 2014, Timeshare Users Group
Customized for TUG by Makai Guy.