• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Here at the Manhattan Club Penthouse Suites

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I'm here on a Getaway through II.

Checked in late yesterday after a pleasant train ride from VT. So far two (good) surprises. There is a computer (and printer) in the bedroom closet, which is where I'm sending this from. The folding stool that serves as the chair is a bit uncomfortable (in fact I almost fell off of it), but since I was expecting to use their business center for email it's great. I didn't bring my laptop because this is supposed to be a vacation...but a handy PC is always nice.

Other surprise was free daily maid service, which isn't really necessary but welcome. Though it looks like they washed a bottle opener that I had left on the counter in the dishwasher...

Just got back from a Jersey Boys matinee with tickets obtained this morning, but now have to get back to the Patriots game on TV :)

Last edited:

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Enjoy! We were fortunate enough to get one of those units on a last-minute exchange. They are so much nicer than the lower units.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
I'm here on a Getaway through II.

Checked in late yesterday after a pleasant train ride from VT. So far two (good) surprises. There is a computer (and printer) in the bedroom closet, which is where I'm sending this from. The folding stool that serves as the chair is a bit uncomfortable (in fact I almost fell off of it), but since I was expecting to use their business center for email it's great. I didn't bring my laptop because this is supposed to be a vacation...but a handy PC is always nice.

Other surprise was free daily maid service, which isn't really necessary but welcome. Though it looks like they washed a bottle opener that I had left on the counter in the dishwasher...

Just got back from a Jersey Boys matinee with tickets obtained this morning, but now have to get back to the Patriots game on TV :)

Would you be willing to share how much the getaway was ? I was hoping to find one on exchange but didn't think they were available that often.

Thanks

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Would you be willing to share how much the getaway was ? I was hoping to find one on exchange but didn't think they were available that often.

I don't mind, but I'll have to see if I still have that amount somewhere. I'll send you a pm if I find it.

I'll also write a review later this week - had a great time though the weather sucked much of the time...:D

Edited to add: I did a search here and it looks like it cost $1,287.00. I booked it last March so don't really recall but that sounds about right. Less than $200 a night in NYC is a bargain!

Last edited:

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
Wow that's a lot better than I thought it would be. Thanks :)

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Travelzoo also offer MC rentals for as low as $169 at times and SFX-resorts also does rentals for around $189.
http://www.sfx-resorts.com/specials/manhattan-club.asp

I did an exchange recently to MC and by the time you pay the $30 a day for the resort fee I ended up paying the equivalent of $1200 for the week.
Luckily it was New Years Eve, so maybe I wouldn't have been able to get it on rental for that price so I think I did okay, but for regular non holiday weeks....
Might as well rent. :shrug:

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Travelzoo also offer MC rentals for as low as $169 at times and SFX-resorts also does rentals for around $189.

I did an exchange recently to MC and by the time you pay the $30 a day for the resort fee I ended up paying the equivalent of $1200 for the week.
Luckily it was New Years Eve, so maybe I wouldn't have been able to get it on rental for that price so I think I did okay, but for regular non holiday weeks....

There is no $30 daily fee when you exchange into the MC Penthouse Suites through II, or buy a Getaway. There was free daily maid service as well as nightly turn-down service. I believe it's the RCI units at the rest of MC that have those fees.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just going to put in a "Sightings" for MC for Aug/Sept 2013

But you're right, for the cost of Points, plus exchange fee and the daily fee; you might as well rent if you can get the dates that you need.

There is no $30 daily fee when you exchange into the MC Penthouse Suites through II, or buy a Getaway. There was free daily maid service as well as nightly turn-down service. I believe it's the RCI units at the rest of MC that have those fees.

Without the $30 daily fee, it makes it a better deal for most than using up your RCI points, especially if you have a higher points-to-maintenance fee ratio. Plus, you're not gonna be in the Penthouse Suites either with all the extras.

This is good to know for future reference.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does this property come up very often on II for exchange? I belong to RCI as well but don't have enough TPUs to exchange through them.

I would actually be looking for 2 1BR units for 7 nights in January 2014. I'm sure I'm dreaming and will most likely have to rent.

jancpa

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are several Jan 2014 1 bedrooms available on RCI right now for 60 tpu's. If your timeshare unit does not have enough tpu's in RCI, I doubt if you would have enough power to trade in II straight across.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are several Jan 2014 1 bedrooms available on RCI right now for 60 tpu's. If your timeshare unit does not have enough tpu's in RCI, I doubt if you would have enough power to trade in II straight across.

This is apples and oranges though. Looks like JanT has some great resorts to trade in II (Hyatts, Marriotts, St Lucia) so I don't think trade power would be an issue. But there are VERY few of these units that ever become available, especially if she needs 2 of them.

brother coony

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does this property come up very often on II for exchange? I belong to RCI as well but don't have enough TPUs to exchange through them.

I would actually be looking for 2 1BR units for 7 nights in January 2014. I'm sure I'm dreaming and will most likely have to rent.

The ManHattan Club has no two bedroom units, only studios,sleep 4 or one bedroom two bath, sleeps 4 privite

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
All MC units have daily maid service, it is not an exclusive feature of the Penthouse units.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All MC units have daily maid service, it is not an exclusive feature of the Penthouse units.

I realize that, but thought there was a charge for it in the non-penthouse units?

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I realize that, but thought there was a charge for it in the non-penthouse units?

No. There is the $25 (or is it $30 now?) Disney Penalty Fee for RCI guests but for that you get nothing that every other guest that doesn't pay doesn't also get (just like at it's namesake, DVC). With or without the penalty the maid service is included.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No. There is the $25 (or is it $30 now?) Disney Penalty Fee for RCI guests but for that you get nothing that every other guest that doesn't pay doesn't also get (just like at it's namesake, DVC). With or without the penalty the maid service is included.

I guess I don't understand what you're saying. I was under the impression that the $30 fee is for each day if you exchange in through RCI, so $210 for a week into the non-penthouse units, but there is no extra fee when you exchange or rent through II into the penthouse ones.

In any case this thread is not really about the maid service any more...

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I guess I don't understand what you're saying. I was under the impression that the $30 fee is for each day if you exchange in through RCI, so $210 for a week into the non-penthouse units, but there is no extra fee when you exchange or rent through II into the penthouse ones.

The fee is a penalty to RCI exchange guests. It gets them nothing everyone else doesn't already get including daily maid service. It also wouldn't apply to renters penthouse units or not. The fee buys nothing it is pure greed profit.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
SFX seems to be getting less MC inventory but I still bet it gets a ton more than II gets.

The fee is a nogotiated RCI thing. You can stay in the non penthouse units through SFX and pay no fee above the exchange fe and still have the daily maid service.

SFX seems to be getting less MC inventory but I bet it gets much more than II gets.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Can you tell me how private the one bedroom is? I'm told it sleeps 4, with the second couple sleeping on a sleeper couch
The one bedroom/two bath unit has a door separating the living area from the bedroom. There are many configurations throughout the building but I think they all would have a bedroom door, and one of the bathrooms would be en suite with the bedroom.

The studio would likely have no door separating the bedroom from the living area.

DonM

TUG Member
Reaction score
The one bedroom/two bath unit has a door separating the living area from the bedroom. There are many configurations throughout the building but I think they all would have a bedroom door, and one of the bathrooms would be en suite with the bedroom.

The studio would likely have no door separating the bedroom from the living area.

thanks

don

Helene4

TUG Member
Reaction score

Go see "KinkyBoots". It is hysterical and still in previews so you will likely get discount tix at TKTS in Times Square. :rofl::whoopie::hysterical: