• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Timeshare Resort in Chicago

RickSpencer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the new Chicago timeshare resort that Wynham is building in Chicago? I just heard this on the news.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, hotel 71, its on wacker on the river near michigan ave. There has already been a thread about it, use the search feature to pull it up to read the discussion.

lcml11

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the new Chicago timeshare resort that Wynham is building in Chicago? I just heard this on the news.

Clicked on your link, it just took me to a site selling me timeshare related materia with no apparent references to the topic.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/illinois/chicago/hotel-71-wyndham-affiliate/hotel-overview

I googled the location and the above link pops up. This appears to be a affilate location with the Hotel group.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heres what Steve Holmes said about the New York and Chicago properties

This is from a transcript of a recent earnings call... In Steve's own words:

The latest example of that transformation is the recent acquisition of The Alex Hotel on 45th Street in New York City by Guggenheim Partners. We will manage the hotel while we prepare to convert it to timeshare. As we are ready for the inventory, it will be delivered to us, and we will pay for it at that time. We are looking to expand this relationship to possibly have a partner purchase some of the existing unfinished inventory, which is on our balance sheet, which will then be finished and returned to us as needed.

Another great example of a creative application of our WAAM model is our recent deal with HPT for Hotel 71 in Chicago. This 350-room hotel will undergo a renovation and will be converted into a Wyndham Grand. A portion of the hotel will be converted to timeshare and leased to WVO for timeshare use. Similar to the project in New York, this deal will give us an entrée into an urban market for tour generation and sales. As we have seen in San Francisco, Seattle, New Orleans and other cities, urban locations are highly desired by our timeshare customers.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
... As we have seen in San Francisco, Seattle, New Orleans and other cities, urban locations are highly desired by our timeshare customers.[/I]

Ron,

What are their properties in San Francisco, Seattle and New Orleans?

Thanks

Richard

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron,

What are their properties in San Francisco, Seattle and New Orleans?

Thanks

Richard
san francisco - wyndham canterbury ; new orleans - wyndham la belle maison, and wyndham avenue plaza ; seattle - The camlin in Seattle (this is a worldmark resort)

If you go to the stickies, youll see the wyndham member directory, you can see photos, rooms descriptions, and point cost

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
san francisco - wyndham canterbury ; new orleans - wyndham la belle maison, and wyndham avenue plaza ; seattle - The camlin in Seattle (this is a worldmark resort)

If you go to the stickies, youll see the wyndham member directory, you can see photos, rooms descriptions, and point cost

Worldmark also has a properties in San Francisco and Vancouver

... Other urban resorts in the Wyndham systems are in SanDiego, San Antonio, and although not right in Washington DC, Id consider Old Town Alexandria and National Harbor urban

MFT

TUG Member
Reaction score
And I'd put Las Vegas and Atlantic City in the mix as urban TS resorts. TS rentals are pretty much tourist based destinations, as most business travel is for fewer days, and a business usually won't rent a TS unit for those traveling (though sometimes the TS units are less costly than a hotel unit).

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
And I'd put Las Vegas and Atlantic City in the mix as urban TS resorts. TS rentals are pretty much tourist based destinations, as most business travel is for fewer days, and a business usually won't rent a TS unit for those traveling (though sometimes the TS units are less costly than a hotel unit).

Wyndhan considers Atlantic City and Waikiki to be part of their "Avenue Collection" of urban resorts too.. because of the limited kitchens and smaller suites and lack of ammenities on site...I make a somewhat fuzzy distinction based on the Vacation Experience. ....The typical resort is a self contained place with entertainment and dining on site and/or near a unique activity like the beach or skiing, or gambling or an attraction/entertainment venue(s).. For the urban resorts the "attraction" is the city where its located..and those cities can be business or tourist destinations

I rent my New Orleans stuff to tourists. (Im busy now renting for the Jazz Fest and Essence Fest), but recently I rented 5 studio units to a business . They had 10 people attending a convention in New Orleans. I was able to make a profit, and they were able to get rooms with kitchens within walking distance to the Convention Center for the same price as hotel rooms near the airport, a long cab ride away..Everybody's happy...especially me

Last edited:

wilson14

Reaction score
One bedroom deluxe at Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront

Has anyone ever stayed in a one bedroom deluxe at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront? I've looked at the floor plan but I am curios as to what views this room type offers. If you have stayed, are the units recently renovated and in good condition? Most of the pictures and reviews online are of the hotel side or the presidential suites.