Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Buying, Selling, Renting > Ratings of Timeshare Related Businesses

Ratings of Timeshare Related Businesses This forum will exist as a repository of threads and TUGBBS user ratings of timeshare related businesses. New posts here will not be permitted, all users will however be allowed to vote in the ratings of said resorts.

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old May 4, 2013, 10:52 AM   #1
ready2retire

BBS Reg. Date: May 4, 13
Peachtree Real Estate Management & Equity

Has anyone heard of, or dealt with this outfit.

I couldn't find anything good/bad/indifferent about them.

Got the usual, cold call, and they emailed me an agreement of guaranteed sale of my timeshare with no upfront payment until sale is made. At that time, they're expecting 2% sales commission. Price they offered is 3x what I paid for the timeshare (which raises big red flag) !
ready2retire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 10:58 AM   #2
RX8

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: May 5, 11

Resorts: HGVC (Grand Pacific Palisades)
SCAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2retire View Post
Has anyone heard of, or dealt with this outfit.

I couldn't find anything good/bad/indifferent about them.

Got the usual, cold call, and they emailed me an agreement of guaranteed sale of my timeshare with no upfront payment until sale is made. At that time, they're expecting 2% sales commission. Price they offered is 3x what I paid for the timeshare (which raises big red flag) !
I think you know the answer already. This is a SCAM and a very common one at that. Although they say no upfront fee they WILL hit you with an unexpected "closing" cost that will be "refunded" to you later. If anyone falls for their pitch, and there will be people who do, all they will get out of it is regret and empty pockets.

Edited to add:

They are almost non-existent on the web, not a good sign for any legit company. Did find their on-line "yellow pages" which many scammers list on. Their listed address of 272 Peachtree St in Atlanta does not exist per a website called smartystreets.com. Their listed phone number, while an Atlanta prefix, is a VoIP Internet number. This scammer was simply careless when picking an address out of the hat for their "virtual" office. Their website must be so new that it can't even be found yet.

Scammers love to use the word "management" in their title. Here is another thread about other similar scammers (and this one just might be related):

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthr...anagement+scam

Last edited by RX8; May 4, 2013 at 11:27 AM. Reason: More research
RX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2013, 06:48 AM   #3
NotInterested

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 21, 13
Thank You

I just received my phone call and "proposal" yesterday and knew it sounded TGTBT. There is very little information about this company anywhere. Their website is a joke. Spellchecker couldn't even help them with the proper spelling of "analysis". The previous posts confirmed my suspicions.
NotInterested is offline   Reply With Quote