• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Front Units (any island)

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never stayed in an ocean front unit in Hawaii. I'm trying to figure out if they are worth the big bucks. I could probably get an ocean front unit on Kaui with Shell during off season. I just know that my husband wouldn't mind going to Hawaii more often if he had an ocean front unit. ;)

Can anyone share their particular favorites and if they are worth the money? I stayed at Westin on Maui while it was under construction and I really liked being able to snorkel right there in front of the resort. Are there others like that? I know Point@Poipu is on a cliff, but being able to see whales, turtles, etc out the window would be really nice.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Marriott Maui Ocean resort, the whaler, Papakea, Kaanapali Beach Club are all ocean front resorts.

If you'd like to rent, consider Honua Kai. Very nice units and reasonable rates.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Kauai Beach Villas:

SwimArea.jpg

KBVAerial.jpg

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
We love to leave the lanai door open at night and go to sleep listening to the sound of the waves crashing. By island, our favorite ocean front properties are:

Kauai - Point at Poipu
Maui - Ka'anapali Beach Club
Oahu - Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach
Big Island - Casa De Emdeko

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Having a nice ocean view unit for us really adds alot to our vacation experience.

So many say we don't go to Hawaii to be in the room so a view doesn't matter but I beg to differ. We're in the room quite abit. You wake up every morning in the room and its nice to start the day with the sights and sounds of the ocean waves.

You will pay for a nice view that is for sure but for us it is well worth it. I would also consider an oceanview unit if you know it's nice. For instance most of the oceanview units at the Maui Marriott has very nice views of the ocean so its not just Oceanfront units that can offer good views.

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun
Ocean Front Unit vs Ocean Front Property

Remember, there is a difference between an ocean front property and an ocean front unit. You could be in an ocean front property but not have an oceanfront unit.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Easy... (for us) - OF at Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas (WKORV) - South Resort

DSC_0026a.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Our view from a deluxe Ocean View unit at Ka'anapali beach club. Of not some Deluxe View units are not full on ocean front but have an "80%" view of the ocean looking out over the pool deck.

Last edited:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Man this is making me "Jones" for a Maui trip. We have to wait another 15 months!!

taffy19

Reaction score
Man this is making me "Jones" for a Maui trip. We have to wait another 15 months!!
It would be March 22 next year for us, if we decide to go. We don't know yet and since the week is fixed, we can think about it some more. :p

View from the oceanfront units of the Lahaina tower on the eighth floor in a corner unit. I wished the balconies were larger and as nice as in the original tower. The new Hyatt tower is doing this right. We went to see the drawings in the planning department.

i-htxQm8c-L.jpg

View towards Lahaina and you can see the cruise ships from here.

i-NfgSTHw-L.jpg

View to the right.

i-qXXvHgX-L.jpg

View straight out from the lock-off unit so the same nice view too.

taffy19

Reaction score
I've never stayed in an ocean front unit in Hawaii. I'm trying to figure out if they are worth the big bucks. I could probably get an ocean front unit on Kaui with Shell during off season. I just know that my husband wouldn't mind going to Hawaii more often if he had an ocean front unit. ;)

Can anyone share their particular favorites and if they are worth the money? I stayed at Westin on Maui while it was under construction and I really liked being able to snorkel right there in front of the resort. Are there others like that? I know Point@Poipu is on a cliff, but being able to see whales, turtles, etc out the window would be really nice.
There are other oceanfront timeshare condos too with a panoramic view and we have one in mind if we go back next year so we do not have to exchange!

In front of our oceanfront building at the Aston Papakea. There is a sea wall here. There are timeshare units here too but I do not know if they are on the oceanfront.

i-rRSPLFJ-L.jpg

i-c6pqZh7-L.jpg

View from the second floor of a rented condo. This condo was very nice and comfortable and we loved the grounds and Duke's in walking distance.

i-WFCXHSG-L.jpg

Oceanfront view from the Kuleana Resort.