• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Official Secrets of OWNERS (please) Four Seasons Aviara Thread

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At FSA now - Summit Lobby almost done ( ribbon cutting on 12th ...Kids area for new Kids program - etc etc ) ... new things in works ( restaurant in Meadows and Spa in Meadows in planning phase ) ... balcony work underway on Summit units ... meeting many friendly people ( walking a dog is a good ice breaker )

Greg

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 191

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks for the update :)

Found the following in the February Newsletter....

A Reminder from Park Hyatt Resort Aviara
As a reminder, several venues at Park Hyatt Resort Aviara will be restricted to the public from March 24, 2013 through April 2, 2013 due to a full buy-out of its guest rooms for an upcoming conference.

Because of this, Four Seasons Residence Club owners will not have access to Park Hyatt’s pools, California Bistro and Vivace. However, the Resort’s Spa and Fitness center, Argyle, Aviara Golf Club, Tennis Center and boutiques will be available to Residence Club owners. If you will be in-residence during this time, please plan accordingly

Aviara Adds Kidz Club for Young Guests
Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara has always been a family-friendly destination. Now, Aviara’s youngest guests have a special place to call their own with the new Kidz Club, a dedicated space where children can retreat to play, imagine, create, hang out and meet new friends.

Located at the Summits Clubhouse, the Kidz Club room is chock full of games and diversions — including X-Box, Wii, board games, books, computers and movies — that will appeal to kids of all ages. Scheduled activities, such as arts-and-crafts and outdoor playtime, will be offered during peak periods as part of the new programme.

The Kidz Club is opened seven days a week, from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm. Please note that the Kidz Club is a non-staffed and non-supervised room; children 7 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian unless scheduled activities are taking place (in which case, adults must sign their child in and out.). Use of the Kidz Club game room is complimentary, while scheduled activities will be available for a nominal charge.

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a thread on rating of resorts ...

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161830

any comments you might have are appreciated on this ... to that thread ...

specially on the 'bonus points' ... example ... after 3 weeks we transferred from the Meadows to the Summits ( after the balcony re-build was done ) and noticed the mattress was much firmed than normal in this unit ... a call and the mattress was replaced ... and great sleep was restored ... my daughter dropped by for a week and fell in love with the pillows ... these 'small' things add up on a resort of this stature ...

ps - wow - we really liked our 3 weeks in the meadows ... see 'issues' developing ... ( big smile )

Greg

Sir Newf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Meeting you while at Aviara

Hi Greg, it was so nice meeting you and your wife and dog at Aviara last week. Thanks again for all the great help in guiding me in Four Seasons purchases- love it! Maybe next MArch we can all spend alittle more time over cocktails and I won't be on a business trip.
Did you find out what secret event was going on at the Hyatt?

Best regards,
Anna (sir newf)

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Greg, it was so nice meeting you and your wife and dog at Aviara last week. Thanks again for all the great help in guiding me in Four Seasons purchases- love it! Maybe next MArch we can all spend alittle more time over cocktails and I won't be on a business trip.
Did you find out what secret event was going on at the Hyatt?

Best regards,
Anna (sir newf)

Also enjoyed meeting you and look forward to next year, the weather sure is below average for back here in Great lakes area ...brrr ....

The event is not so much a secret ... they publish that the hotel is closed to all as the whole place is booked ... this happened last year as well... think it is happening in early April ( my bad memory ) ... when it happen last year I wondered if it might have been the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group bit it wasn't ...everyone loves a good mystery ... :)

Greg

ps- anyone there now - what are crowds like for the LPGA golf event ? Look forward to watching iin person next year.

Last edited:

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
Bilderberg_Group at expensive luxury hotels.....

hyatt is not large, and cheap, and the last time this came up, it was not very mysterious, i solved via google in minutes. in that case, it was NOT an event booking, but a situation where there was an entity selling rooms to individuals .

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Fyi... just in case you didn't get the email this week.

Dear Aviara Homeowners,

On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 you will receive a special announcement regarding the opportunity to purchase a limited number of weeks
at Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara. The Aviara Homeowners Association has acquired these weeks through foreclosure for non-payment
of HOA fees. The inventory will be offered EXCLUSIVELY to Aviara owners on a first-come, first-served basis.

As we are expecting an overwhelming response to this special opportunity, we wanted to make sure that our current owners are provided
notice in advance of this e-mail announcement. We feel this will give everyone an equal opportunity to enhance their current portfolio.
Please mark your calendar for May 14, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. PST and look for the e-mail about the details on this golden or platinum opportunity!

Here are the current Resale Prices posted by Luxury Residence Club Resales (LRCR), the authorized resale broker for Four Seasons Residence Clubs Aviara and Scottsdale at Troon North - http://www.1.fourseasons.com/interlude/2013_M05/article_19131.html

From - http://www.luxuryresidenceclubresal...tinations/Aviara/Currently_Available&id=48231

GOLD SEASON OWNERSHIPS - Weeks 1-23 and 41-52
January through mid-June / Early October through December
2 Bedroom "Lockoff" Villa - Floating, Annual Use
$4,900 – with FSAC and Club Exchange
$4,500 – with Club Exchange only

2 Bedroom "Lockoff" Villa - Floating, Biennial Use
Biennial use in odd years only or even years only
Maintenance fees are 1/2 the annual fee paid yearly
$3,500 – with FSAC and Club Exchange
$3,000 – with Club Exchange only

1 Bedroom "Stand Alone" Villa - Floating, Annual Use
$3,000 – with FSAC and Club Exchange
$2,500 – with Club Exchange only

PLATINUM SEASON OWNERSHIPS - Weeks 24-40
Mid-June through early October
2 Bedroom - Floating, Annual Use
$11,900 – with FSAC and Club Exchange
$11,500 – with Club Exchange only

1 Bedroom – Floating, Annual Use
$5,500 – with FSAC and Club Exchange
$4,500 – with Club Exchange only

FIXED PLATINUM WEEKS
Guaranteed use during a specific week, i.e., 4th of July
May also use as floating week subject to standard reservation policies. For a weekly calendar, click here.
2 Bedroom
$26,900 – Weeks 27 through 32
$19,900 – Weeks 33 and 34
$15,900 – Weeks 35 and 36

1 Bedroom
$25,900 – Weeks 29 through 32
$17,900 – Weeks 33 and 34
$35,900 – Weeks 35 and 36

Prices and availability are subject to change without notice.

Last edited:

NKN

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just curious, as new Marriott owner, do you really find the additional $1000 in MF for Aviara worth it? What makes it worth the difference to you? Thanks. Nkn

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Just curious, as new Marriott owner, do you really find the additional $1000 in MF for Aviara worth it? What makes it worth the difference to you? Thanks. Nkn

If pay the TUG Membership dues of just $15, you'll have access to the reviews on the TUG Resort Database and you can read the reviews for yourself to determine why Aviara is ranked #1 on TUG and why it's worth it for some.

TUG Rating and Rankings - http://tug2.com/RnR/ResortsGrid.aspx
TUG Membership - http://www.tug2.net/tug-pr.html

NOTE: If your TUG membership is current and you're still shown as a Guest, see this link for help - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I started a reply yesterday and trashed it ... lets see if I can add anything ...(apart from the tug fee is a good value )

1) save you money ... look at what you do and make sure you can afford it ... Once you get to that point in your life when you can spend ... enjoy it ...

2) have you ever stayed at a Ritz Carlton hotel ... how do you compare that experience to a Marriott ? This is similar to what you can expect from a Four Seasons experience ( albeit I can argue Four Seasons outclass Ritz or Park Hyatt ... but I may not be a fair judge ... )

3) try it ... nothing beats staying at whatever place you had in mind

4) a place like Aviara takes time to appreciate. Anyone who only has a week to stay and want to explore will miss a LOT of what Aviara has to offer ... once you stay there for multiple times you can appreciate the level of service they strive for ... every year we find things ...albeit small things that impress us ... and I think that is a good thing ...

Hope your path allows you to try and enjoy Aviara ... when we travel - we rarely enjoy a 5 star location ... we think this is one of the best value ways to enjoy a Four Seasons experience ...

Greg

NKN

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. That answer had the type of info I could use the most. We did stay at a Ritz hotel and loved it. And my husband is being sent to San Diego a lot on business. So I have my eye on Aviara. Thanks again. Nkn

scoccermom

Reaction score
Free High Speed Internet

We recently stayed at the FSA during the 4th of July. Service and villas are still top notch. We own weeks at Newport Coast Villas and there is no comparison to staying a FS!

Unfortunately, service at the adjacent Park Hyatt has gone down a bit. There is a lack of staff as compared to when it was a FS. I guess the owner is trying to cut costs as they have recently defaulted on a $180M loan...perhaps it will return as a FS? Who knows!

One thing to mention is that we were able to connect to the Park Hyatt lobby internet and did not have to pay for high speed internet from our villa. We were at the summits on the third floor, building 27.

TS prices here have collapsed and I do hope that it will recover...I think that will be the case when owners are able to rent their weeks for a decent ROI, say 10% or more. But I do not know of a TS that has ever appreciated and understand that we shouldn't look at them as investments....perhaps others can share.

schwma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow FSA Owners. I'm brand new here. I just purchased 2 Platinum weeks at Aviara. After having visited for a weekend with friends who spend the month of July there every year, I fell in love with the property. Growing up, we had a beach house at Seabluff in Leucadia, and looking out over Batiquitos Lagoon and La Costa Ave. brings back many fond memories. I'm quite excited to a part of Four Seasons Residence Club and look forward to the fun times that await.

Any tips for this newbie would be most appreciated, although thankfully the friends who invited me have been FSA Owners since 2001 and promised to show me the ropes. :)

mark

Love2TS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Having stayed at both Newport Coast and Four Seasons in Carlsbad, we eventually decided to buy at FSA. There are some differences, not sure whether they are definitely worth the 1k in annual maintenance fees. The main deciding factor was the fact that we could have our dog along all the time at FSA and the joy that the family gets from that is worth it all..to us.

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Been a while posting ... there is a thread on Ritz ( link here ... http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175113 ) were I replies with a link to Aviara resales ... then I figured I should post here as well ... http://www.luxuryresidenceclubresal...tinations/Aviara/Currently_Available&id=48231

What a great time if you can afford it ( don't borrow - save for it ).

Other points ... Love2TS mentions if 4S worth is ... Kag wrote this .. http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1379043&postcount=36 I appreciate his views ...

Stop me if you see a Golden Retriever being walked in Jan-March time at Aviara ... like I was last year ... this year we are going Meadows ...as a long time Summit user ... and if you like wine -- knock on the door.

Greg
ps - have friends who bought houses in Naples & surrounding area ...wow is a house there expensive ... all of a sudden Aviara seems a great deal. The extra costs these guys pay ... is crazy and Naples is not even a pretty area ... no were near Carlsbad ..but then I love hills. I just hate them on a golf course.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Westin St. John vs Marriott Frenchman's Cove?

Not sure exactly where to post this so am starting here at home :).

Since we are from California we tend to do our Jan/Feb traveling in Hawaii but are going to branch out (hopefully) for 2015 and trade our FSA time for the Virgin Islands.

Any input as to which of these resorts would be better to request from II? They both look lovely but since we know nothing about that part of the world (unlike Hawaii where we know all of the islands and the resorts pretty well) I am not sure how to think about ranking them. Any ideas? Or any ideas about places that might be better other options trades for FS? [Would be trading a 1BR or studio, but suspect 1BR the better move.]

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi ZT

Wonder if you would be a good 'test' case to look at the other hi-end trading companies like Registry Collection ... I see they have a re-designed web site ( been a long time since I have looked -they allow guests to look ) and they list some yachts as options ...that is a sweet way to do the VI's ( done the VI's 3 times on a yacht some time ago in my sailing days )

Aviara was 'unofficially' accepted as trades ...if that still exists ?

Greg
ps- link for Registry Collection
ps- Preferred Residence is part of II ( asking - not telling ..:) TUG link here ...anyone expand on this ??

extra links for Carlsbad news .... click here on streets ...Ok - I could be shovelling snow right now - but decided to add yet MORE links for Carlsbad ...I watched the link of liveable streets (something my home town in Canada could learn from) and subscribed to youtube channel ...as an owner the longer you keep going there the more you want to know ( for me at least ) ...I will have to watch more on the trails ...

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Not sure exactly where to post this so am starting here at home :).

Since we are from California we tend to do our Jan/Feb traveling in Hawaii but are going to branch out (hopefully) for 2015 and trade our FSA time for the Virgin Islands.

Any input as to which of these resorts would be better to request from II? They both look lovely but since we know nothing about that part of the world (unlike Hawaii where we know all of the islands and the resorts pretty well) I am not sure how to think about ranking them. Any ideas? Or any ideas about places that might be better other options trades for FS? [Would be trading a 1BR or studio, but suspect 1BR the better move.]

FS is offering more options with Four Seasons Accommodations Credits (FSAC) again ;)

November 2013 Newsletter - http://www.1.fourseasons.com/interlude/2013_M11/article_19343.html
August 2013 Newsletter - http://www.1.fourseasons.com/interlude/2013_M08/article_19220.html
May 2013 Newsletter - http://www.1.fourseasons.com/interlude/2013_M05/article_19134.html
February 2013 Newsletter - http://www.1.fourseasons.com/interlude/2013_M02/article_19015.html

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks to the Mod's for adding a couple of links to the FIRST Page ... my links for the layout floor plan and the resort updated and thus broke ... so I grabbed them and set them into scribd.com ...so they stay static ... check them out if you will.

Anyone tried the 'members only' discussion board ? It is a tough act to get enough member to use ... time will tell.

I see there is a members meet in Jan 22 & Feb 19th ( both Wed's at the Meadows lobby at 5:00-6:00pm ) drop by and ask ...who is Greg ... March dates not yet posted.

Greg

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Been quiet from other owners posting here ??? Have been waiting for 'official' notice on Meadows closing for Jan-Feb-March of 2015 while they build a restaurant and spa ... makes all those trying to swap into 'Heaven' just a bit harder ... anyone not having a reservation for this time ...get it in now ... will be 'cozy' and busy in Summit for J-F-M in 2015 ... this has been 'local' knowledge for a few weeks here

Still here for a few more weeks ..someone please warm up the rest of USA & Canada ...

Greg

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have they ever upgraded to HDMI cables between the playstations/DVD player and the TV? When I was there in Dec 2012, I was appalled that we had to watch low-def movies. Surely the owners would spend an extra 25 cents on their MFs, if that, to get a 480p picture. Better yet, how about an extra $1 for a cheap bluray player?

Perrygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Need help buying resale Four Seasons

Just want to trade within the Four Season Family. Is it a point system like Hyatt? Does anyone have a points chart? Can one platinum FSA trade for another like Aviara for Troon. I DO NOT WANT TO USE INTERVAL. Thanks for your help in advance.

Steve

Reaction score
Just want to trade within the Four Season Family. Is it a point system like Hyatt? Does anyone have a points chart? Can one platinum FSA trade for another like Aviara for Troon. I DO NOT WANT TO USE INTERVAL. Thanks for your help in advance.

Unless you buy from the approved Four Seasons resale agency, Luxury Residence Club Resales, you cannot exchange internally and you must use II. That said, good internal exchanges through Four Seasons are not that easy to come by. Forget about trying to get holidays or prime platinum weeks at either Aviara or Scottsdale. I have found that exchanging through II is actually much easier, especially for Aviara. There is no points system. It is strictly week for week.

Steve