• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pathways Program

gone 4 good

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard of the Pathways program through Wyndham? I just had an owner update at National Harbor and they said that they have a new program called Pathways in which they buy back your Wyndham points at 20% of what you have invested in it. Her reasoning was that the resale market is killing them. I didn't listen to the whole spiel, but there are an awful lot of people trying to sell Wyndham points-better to get something instead of nothing. Thanks in advance.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Anyone heard of the Pathways program through Wyndham? I just had an owner update at National Harbor and they said that they have a new program called Pathways in which they buy back your Wyndham points at 20% of what you have invested in it. Her reasoning was that the resale market is killing them. I didn't listen to the whole spiel, but there are an awful lot of people trying to sell Wyndham points-better to get something instead of nothing. Thanks in advance.

A few people have mentioned it, but spend $20K to get back $4K? That $16,000 price difference buys a lot of resale points. And if resale points were killing them, why wouldn't they just buy all the Wyndham resales for pennies on the dollar, and re-sell them?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

This was discussed recently in another thread.

As near as I can tell this is for new Club Wyndham Access Contracts only.

so contracts you might already own and any resale contract wont get this new benefit

Someone here reported that they were offered a trade in (what Wyndham calls and equity exchange), ie turn in your old contract and buy some additional points The new CWA contract will get the 20% buyback deal

The problem of course is that you will be spending 100% for the new points to get 20% back on the total. It doesnt add up.

Although we probably wont see these new contracts on the resale market, There are a ton of old contracts that will still be bought and sold there

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Called Wynhdam Customer Service today and they confirmed with Westwinds that some UDI contracts do exist at Westwinds. They refered me to Huey, who called me a few minutes later as they indicated.

Huey indicated that they are trying to sell these to existing owners first. He also confirmed that Pathways does exist (at least at Myrtle Beach).

A 105,000 point contract needs to be purchased. The benifit of selling any Wyndham purchased contract at the buyback rate would attach to all Wyndham bought contracts in the accounts (did not discuss the re-sale contract issue with him).

He indicated that the benifit would attach to the account.

If the potiential offer at Myrtle Beach is true as it relates to re-sale contracts, then this would be a massive potiential benifit to the mega-rentor (thoughs with 2 million Wyndham points or more).

1. Buy a 105,000 contract from Myrtle Beach.
2. Attaches to the account.
3. Sell back to Wyndam at the going buy back rate the contracts that are not wanted or needed.
4. Replace them with E-Bay purchases of better properties for nominal fees (do not push your luck, do not go buying bad timeshares that Wyndham or anyone else does not want).
5. Sell them back to Wyndham at the buy-back rate.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Called Wynhdam Customer Service today and they confirmed with Westwinds that some UDI contracts do exist at Westwinds. They refered me to Huey, who called me a few minutes later as they indicated.

Huey indicated that they are trying to sell these to existing owners first. He also confirmed that Pathways does exist (at least at Myrtle Beach).

A 105,000 point contract needs to be purchased. The benifit of selling any Wyndham purchased contract at the buyback rate would attach to all Wyndham bought contracts in the accounts (did not discuss the re-sale contract issue with him).

If the potiential offer at Myrtle Beach is true as it relates to re-sale contracts, then this would be a massive potiential benifit to the mega-rentor (thoughs with 2 million Wyndham points or more).

3. Sell back to Wyndam at the going buy back rate the contracts that are not wanted or needed.
4. Replace them with E-Bay purchases of better properties for nominal fees (do not push your luck, do not go buying bad timeshares that Wyndham or anyone else does not want).

My understanding talking to different salesmen (Dooie & Louie perhaps) is that pathways is CWA specific. And that it does not extend to prior purchases and it does not extend to resale contracts.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score

Do you have reference on where to find on Wyndham Owners web site or where covered in new 2013-2014 on line Directory?

Seems to be confusion about how it works and as we all know sales verbalization is worth the paper it is written on?

Has anyone received a phone call or e-mail from Wyndham with any info?

lcml11

Reaction score
Do you have reference on where to find on Wyndham Owners web site or where covered in new 2013-2014 on line Directory?

Seems to be confusion about how it works and as we all know sales verbalization is worth the paper it is written on?

Has anyone received a phone call or e-mail from Wyndham with any info?

I checked this morning, my 2013-2014 members directory is not on line yet. Does anyone have access through the Wyndham site.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked this morning, my 2013-2014 members directory is not on line yet. Does anyone have access through the Wyndham site.

Same place as the old one. Just tweak the URL changing 11 12 to 13 14

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
My understanding talking to different salesmen (Dooie & Louie perhaps) is that pathways is CWA specific. And that it does not extend to prior purchases and it does not extend to resale contracts.

Ron, you interrupted - I thought we'd get lcml11 answering rr's post. :)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think you are right, The best person to answer rr longwell is lcml11. after all they understand each other... I dont understand either one

lcml11

Reaction score

Na, he is OK. As some astute observers noticed in other threads, lcml11 is my alter ego. The lcml11 was only working on and off this morning for me. I think Ron knew this.

Ron, thanks for the tip, I will try it.

lcml11

Reaction score
So, reincarnations do occur!:eek:

As I recall, Ron dissected this one about a year ago.:banana:

Among others. Of more interest, where is the kernal of truth in Pathways and what is it.

Anymore reports of recent sales presentation naming resort and company line? By the way, Huey is a real name as far as I know and a Sales Manager in Myrtle Beach

gdts123

Reaction score
Pathways

We were told in a recent meeting and then turn around in 30 days and sell it back to Wyndham along with our other contracts we own and receive 20% of the total value of all contracts. Need any and all info that anyone might have on pathways. Is it legit? Of course the contract says Wyndham can do away with the program at any time, with no obligation to buy back etc, etc. Thoughts?

We want out of this timeshare. Need help on what to do.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It seems you are being told the same as the OP. You would need to get it in writing that it includes your total purchase not just your new purchase. I couldn't imagine them doing that because it makes no sense but if you can get it in writing and complete everything within a 30-45 day timeframe you may be done.

It still seems like it would make sense to just list what you own in the bargain forum and try to give it away and not contract for new purchases.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were told in a recent meeting at smokies that we could purchase a new 105,000 point contract at $16,500 and then turn around in 30 days and sell it back to Wyndham along with our other contracts we own at a value of $80,000 and receive 20% of the total value of all contracts. Need any and all info that anyone might have on pathways. Is it legit? Of course the contract says Wyndham can do away with the program at any time, with no obligation to buy back etc, etc. Thoughts?

We want out of this timeshare. Need help on what to do.

It would be a cash drain to Wyndham if they allowed this buy back provision to extend to any contracts other than the one that it directly applies to. I am highly doubtful that it does.

If there are buyback provisions, then Wyndham would have to set aside 20% of the revenue into some type of reserve to pay back claims. It is a good idea for them to do it. However, their are some very complex financial implications if they do it.

gdts123

Reaction score
We were told that they don't guarantee this, so that's why they are not required to set this 20% aside. They also said to get this new benefit on the other contracts we would have to make this purchase of 105,000 more points at $16,500.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were told that they don't guarantee this, so that's why they are not required to set this 20% aside. They also said to get this new benefit on the other contracts we would have to make this purchase of 105,000 more points at $16,500.

What does it mean to not be guaranteed? Does that mean they can deny your request for a buy back?

If there is a contract that states the buyer has the right to sell back their points for 20% of the contract, then I believe that Wyndham cannot recognize that 20% as revenue.

gdts123

Reaction score
It says WVR has no obligation to purchase eligible contracts.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
We need someone to pretend to bite and read the actual contract.

Sounds like sales is embellishing.

Given Wyndham's record with VIP benefits which are discretionary one has to be suspicious.

Also, their ROFR on CWA contacts which it appears was never exercised.

If they want inventory all they would have to do is post on web site they are buying paid up contracts if one just pays one year MF.