• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Welcome Home!!

Rico*

Reaction score
Hi Rico,
There is lots of info here on DVC but there is also another forum that is dedicated to DVC specifically. Mouseowners is the place to get lots of friendly info on passing ROFR and where to buy that resale contract.
Good luck in your purchase. :)

Thanks Chriskre,
I have been looking at the mouseowners page and it has a lot of info there. I am kind of bummed I found out resale after they changed the rules. Seams to me that they took away some of the perks. I can see renting points but buying is looking less that ideal. I might buy 50 this year and rent the diference off of a member. then add more small units at diferent locations so i can use my points at different spots and take advantage of the 11 month out policy.What you think? Am I getting it or missing it entirely?

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Thanks Chriskre,
I have been looking at the mouseowners page and it has a lot of info there. I am kind of bummed I found out resale after they changed the rules. Seams to me that they took away some of the perks. I can see renting points but buying is looking less that ideal. I might buy 50 this year and rent the diference off of a member. then add more small units at diferent locations so i can use my points at different spots and take advantage of the 11 month out policy.What you think? Am I getting it or missing it entirely?

Don't feel too bad about the change in rules as it's really not that big of a loss IMO and most of the other DVC owners.

As for buying 50 points to start with, that is actually not a bad strategy as you can always bank and borrow those 50 points as well as do point transfers from other DVC owners once a year. You can also rent points from DVC up to 25 a year for around $15 a point to complete any reservations that you might be short. I wish I had purchased my 150 points in three 50 point contracts so I can do as I'm suggesting to you.

And definitely don't discount the value of joining this website as a member and learning how to use other timeshares to exchange into DVC for less than half to 1/3 of what DVC owners pay in maintenance fees. Once you pay your $15 to join TUG you will be able to see all the good DVC exchange opportunities available to you by owning a much cheaper timeshare than DVC which will also give you other travel options. ;)

Rico*

Reaction score
Don't feel too bad about the change in rules as it's really not that big of a loss IMO and most of the other DVC owners.

As for buying 50 points to start with, that is actually not a bad strategy as you can always bank and borrow those 50 points as well as do point transfers from other DVC owners once a year. You can also rent points from DVC up to 25 a year for around $15 a point to complete any reservations that you might be short. I wish I had purchased my 150 points in three 50 point contracts so I can do as I'm suggesting to you.

And definitely don't discount the value of joining this website as a member and learning how to use other timeshares to exchange into DVC for less than half to 1/3 of what DVC owners pay in maintenance fees. Once you pay your $15 to join TUG you will be able to see all the good DVC exchange opportunities available to you by owning a much cheaper timeshare than DVC which will also give you other travel options. ;)

Oh I did not know there was more? :D I will join then. I thought you had to own a timeshare to join. Silly me. I really apprieciate your guidance.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Oh I did not know there was more? :D I will join then. I thought you had to own a timeshare to join. Silly me. I really apprieciate your guidance.

Nope, you actually wanna join BEFORE you buy anything so you don't make a big mistake like most of us did, me included. Unfortunately for me my only developer purchase was DVC when I think Tink got some pixie dust in my eyes. :rofl:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Thanks Chriskre,

The 11 month reservation will only be for the points you own at the resort. Here is an example. Lets say I have 50pts at OKW and 50pts at SSR and want to make a 11 month reservation at SSR. You will only be able to make a 11 month reservation using your SSR points only. You cannot combine your OKW points with the SSR to make a 11 month SSR reservation. To use both SSR and OKW points together, you will have to wait till the 7 month mark. Hope this helps your understanding on how the points work. If you have any more questions do not hesitate to post them.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any DVC ownership will get you and the members in your household a DISCOUNT on your Disney Annual Passes. Some Tuggers own as few as 25 DVC Points just for that AP discount and the 10% off in some stores.

spencersmama

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi. You are all so friendly to newbies. DH and I bought 230 pts. at SSR treehouses two weeks ago while on a Disney cruise. We had actually toured SSR while at EPCOT a couple of weeks before. We bought directly from Disney to have the opportunity use the points to go on cruises. (Yes, I know some people don't think it's a wise use of points.) I crunched the numbers and we decided it made financial sense, even if it isn;t quite as good a deal as staying on property. The fact the DVC is one of the few timeshare/ vacation clubs that have some resale value closed the deal for me. When I told my mother when we got home she said, "You should have joined 15 years ago with as much as you go to Disney!" :D

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome Home to StanleyYu. Congratulations on your new Disney Vacation Club contract.

dundey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
Just became an "Official" owner at BWV!!!

We are excited!!!!!!!

Will be there during Thanksgiving to visit my daughter who now works in the area after going through the Disney College Program last year.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

Just wanted to introduce myself.. I just bought 160 points at BLT. I had trolled a while on the boards before buying, looking at posts up to 2 years ago... and decided it was something for me to do!

So, I wanted to officially be apart of everything! and say thanks for all the info i've gotten from you all!

Kevin

WeLcoME HoMe!!!!