• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VWL Expansion

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Anyone hear any timeline for an announcement/sales on the Villas at Wilderness Lodge expansion project?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The names have been confirmed. This also essentially confirms the expectation that it would be a separate resort and not an expansion of the current VWL now renamed Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the replies. Also thanks for the link, Dean, on the name announcement. I am surprised they renamed the existing VWL.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Also thanks for the link, Dean, on the name announcement. I am surprised they renamed the existing VWL.
I agree, the names seem a little complicated and out of place. What'll be most interesting are where the points end up and the villa types.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree, the names seem a little complicated and out of place. What'll be most interesting are where the points end up and the villa types.

We were over there looking around about a week ago and it looked like at least four floors of the main lodge closest to VWL were gutted - we could see daylight from the front to the back looking from the main pool area.

rfc0001

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: SSR, PVB
HGVC: Kings' Land, Ocean Tower
Anyone hear any timeline for an announcement/sales on the Villas at Wilderness Lodge expansion project?
Historical timeline. No sales date, however April Polynesian sales indicate 16-month until PVB is sold out (at current rate) or 30-months at average rate. The new resort was announced as part of the press release below:
PRESS RELEASE: Name Announced for New Disney Vacation Club Development at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Celebration, Fla. (May 19, 2016) – Today, Disney Vacation Club announced the name for its new development currently under construction at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. The proposed 14th Disney Vacation Club Resort will be known as Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
The rumored name was Copper Creek Cabin and Villas at Wilderness Lodge, which would have implied the new resort was part of the old resort (Villas at Wilderness Lodge). The new names do not overlap, indicating two completely separate resorts:
  • Boulder Creek Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas and Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The rumored name was Copper Creek Cabin and Villas at Wilderness Lodge, which would have implied the new resort was part of the old resort (Villas at Wilderness Lodge). The new names do not overlap, indicating two completely separate resorts:
  • Boulder Creek Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas and Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
The original press release seemed to indicate they would be different as well as common sense since they would have had to extend the current resort first or at the same time to combine them.