• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney in september

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi tuggers

I'm thinking of going to Orlando with my DD (5 years old at the time)and vist some of the parks in september. Is the parks crowded at that time?

I'm thinking of visiting the Animal Kingdom & Magic Kingdom. Maybe we will spend more than one day at MK.

Since the entire family is also going next year in july, Here we would vist Epcot, Hollywood studio and maybe MK. Would it be worth the cost to buy an AP for my DD and I? I so, which one is the most cost effective in our case?

regards

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The parks are busy all year now. There really isn't a slow time. Though September will just be a little less busy. The only issue with September is that it will be HOT. We went to WDW several years back in September and it was unbearably hot.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
You can post your questions at http://www.disboards.com/ and get some really detailed answers from Disney experts
You can ask them if an annual pass would be a better deal or not - I'm sure it depends on the number of days you intend to visit Disney parks

Here is a resource for avoiding the biggest crowds: http://www.easywdw.com/easy/crowd-calendars/

Of note, that website says "September Crowds: Crowds are at their lowest levels of the year during the first three weeks in September. The only time you may find less people in the Parks is certain days toward the end of January and the first two weeks in February, making it an excellent time to visit as far as crowds are concerned."
http://www.easywdw.com/easy/disneyb...of-crowds-cost-weather-events/#September_2016

Also, check out http://www.mousesavers.com/ for discounts

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
The platinum AP is about $750 plus tax and includes parking (assuming that you are staying offsite) and photo pass - plus a few other small discounts.

If you are a DVC member, there's an option for the gold AP which is a couple hundred dollars cheaper.

For only two visits, probably cheaper to buy 2 MYW tickets.

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
if you are staying at a WDW hotel, Disney is offering free dining in Sept. I found that the room only discount is better, as my kids won't eat that much food. If it's just the 2 of you, and you aren't using a timeshare, I highly recommend POP Century or All Star Movies or Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms (if available). They are basic motels, but very clean and great theming, esp. for a 5 yr old, with decent food courts. My teens still like staying at POP almost as much as a deluxe. The price is under $100 a night with the Fall discount. End of Sept would likely have better weather, both for temp and rain than early Sept, which is prime hurricane time. Make sure to get your tickets ahead and make FP+ (see other "Disney-are you kidding?" posts in FL section). Also, buy only a basic ticket and decide later if you need park hopping--you can always add it, but you don't get a refund if you don't use it.

Last edited:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can post your questions at http://www.disboards.com/ and get some really detailed answers from Disney experts
You can ask them if an annual pass would be a better deal or not - I'm sure it depends on the number of days you intend to visit Disney parks

Here is a resource for avoiding the biggest crowds: http://www.easywdw.com/easy/crowd-calendars/

Of note, that website says "September Crowds: Crowds are at their lowest levels of the year during the first three weeks in September. The only time you may find less people in the Parks is certain days toward the end of January and the first two weeks in February, making it an excellent time to visit as far as crowds are concerned."
http://www.easywdw.com/easy/disneyb...of-crowds-cost-weather-events/#September_2016

Also, check out http://www.mousesavers.com/ for discounts

Thanks for the info, that was what I needed :)

/regards

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
The platinum AP is about $750 plus tax and includes parking (assuming that you are staying offsite) and photo pass - plus a few other small discounts.

If you are a DVC member, there's an option for the gold AP which is a couple hundred dollars cheaper.

For only two visits, probably cheaper to buy 2 MYW tickets.

I'm not a DVC member but I would like to be, but now they have removed the perks of the AP's for non direct buyers.

750usd is a tad too much (big tad) ;)

/regards

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
if you are staying at a WDW hotel, Disney is offering free dining in Sept. I found that the room only discount is better, as my kids won't eat that much food. If it's just the 2 of you, and you aren't using a timeshare, I highly recommend POP Century or All Star Movies or Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms (if available). They are basic motels, but very clean and great theming, esp. for a 5 yr old, with decent food courts. My teens still like staying at POP almost as much as a deluxe. The price is under $100 a night with the Fall discount. End of Sept would likely have better weather, both for temp and rain than early Sept, which is prime hurricane time. Make sure to get your tickets ahead and make FP+ (see other "Disney-are you kidding?" posts in FL section). Also, buy only a basic ticket and decide later if you need park hopping--you can always add it, but you don't get a refund if you don't use it.

I would like to stay onsite at a DVC resort(AKL would be nice), but unless I find something through RCI - which is a big IF I dont see that happening.

I'm thinking of using my HGVC membership to book something with them in Orlando.

/Regards

allenwyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like to stay onsite at a DVC resort(AKL would be nice), but unless I find something through RCI - which is a big IF I dont see that happening.

I'm thinking of using my HGVC membership to book something with them in Orlando.

/Regards

Saratoga Springs has been popping up with September availability as of late. Always worth watching :)

GT1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Saratoga Springs has been popping up with September availability as of late. Always worth watching :)

Where could I see this availability?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where could I see this availability?

You should login to your RCI account. Some have their RCI accounts seperate others through HGVC or similar.

Have in mind if you have it as a seperate account, that you might not see the availability if you own a timeshare in Orlando.

regards

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there for the last week of September. It was horribly hot and it was the beginning of Food and Wine. My crowd levels said that it was a 5 or 6. It was much busier. This year we will be visiting over Labor Day.

stanleyu

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Please note that we request that exchange company sightings be posted on the Sightings Forum, because it is a benefit of TUG membership.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Retiresoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Please note that we request that exchange company sightings be posted on the Sightings Forum, because it is a benefit of TUG membership.]

Last edited by a moderator:

elleny76

Reaction score
Don't worry about the perks... If you save money in the resort + free magical express from airport to resort _resort to airport you still save a tons of money to buy the regular AP. We got the AP because we visit Orlando every 3 months.

September first 3 weeks is fine. Just avoid Epcot if you go late September_october ( food and wine festival)

We will be going in august and for Halloween week !

I'm not a DVC member but I would like to be, but now they have removed the perks of the AP's for non direct buyers.

750usd is a tad too much (big tad) ;)

/regards

Last edited:

elleny76

Reaction score
SSR is amazing ( I own there) you can walk (10mntes) from the Paddock location and you will be at Disney spring . At night time is amazing, restaurants, music. My favorite DVC resort.

Many pools and playground with sprinkles for kids!:)

You would need at least 2 days at MK

and AK one day is enough

You can bring snacks and drinks for your child tot he park

/Regards