• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE ! FOXRUN @ Lake Lure, NC--2b/2b week 15-FREE closing FREE 2014.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluewater, Southwind, Cottages, Coral Sands, Players Club, Branson, Grandview, Silver Lake, and about 950K RCI points.
This great week is coming up soon. Spring in the mountains of NC. Minutes away from Chimney Rock and an hour from Ashville.

This three level townhome is right on the golf course and sleeps eight. My unit has a new kitchen and has a Bob Timberlake interior design. The location and views are the best. Huge balconies to watch the deer and golfers.

I now stay on Hilton Head this week and am making everything FREE to the happy new owner.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluewater, Southwind, Cottages, Coral Sands, Players Club, Branson, Grandview, Silver Lake, and about 950K RCI points.
Still available for FREE.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No longer available. :hi:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Good for you! I love Foxrun myself and own two weeks, but a friend of mine is giving away a week 5 with free use next year, and free closing/ transfer.

She bought in Myrtle Beach and needs to give away her week 5. If anyone watching this thread would like her week, send me a PM.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This week has not been sold--- I am looking forward to checking in tomorrow. The Masters and Foxrun are a tradition for the last six years.

Having good friends from NC join us for the weekend. Evon took golf lessons in Dec. on Hilton Head, so we are looking forward to playing golf together for the first time.

Can't imagine why anyone would consider week 5 over 15, regardless of free week. Hope you have four wheel drive.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Last edited:

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your right-- I'm not a skier so I didn't consider that. I wasn't "trashing" Cindy at all--- nor would I ever do that to anyone. My apology's to Cindy if she so reacted.

John-- I'm aware that most mountain people have 4 wheel drive-- I used to own a home in Burnsville. My point was that if you DIDN'T have 4 wheel---FOXRUN during this time may not be assessable. Might be wrong again.

All is well--let's put this to bed.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I thought you found a taker, or I wouldn't have posted anything about week 5. I am sorry, Jeff. I just thought I could help Josie, since your week appeared to be gone.

Thanks, John, for the heads up that I probably stepped on some toes. I am very sorry, and week 5 is definitely not nearly as nice in NC as week 15. We actually had friends stay in our week 13, which we gave to them free, and it's is perfect weather, according to the new owners.

I am sure you will find a taker for a great week like this one!

Did you know that Dirty Dancing with Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey was filmed around Lake Lure? I heard this from Becky Varn, I believe. Absolutely beautiful area. We will stay there sometime. We still own 2 weeks.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Out of curiosity does this resort allow day use of the facilities? I owned a VRI managed resort that allowed day use during the off season.

This would be a plus in trying to give a unit away at this resort.

It's also a plus that this resort ownership will gain you fee access to VRI*ety Exchange with lower exchange fees than the big two and the ability to exchange any resorts you own into their system.

Good luck to both of you in finding a new owner.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I thought you found a taker, or I wouldn't have posted anything about week 5. I am sorry, Jeff. I just thought I could help Josie, since your week appeared to be gone.

Thanks, John, for the heads up that I probably stepped on some toes. I am very sorry, and week 5 is definitely not nearly as nice in NC as week 15. We actually had friends stay in our week 13, which we gave to them free, and it's is perfect weather, according to the new owners.

I am sure you will find a taker for a great week like this one!

Did you know that Dirty Dancing with Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey was filmed around Lake Lure? I heard this from Becky Varn, I believe. Absolutely beautiful area. We will stay there sometime. We still own 2 weeks.

No longer own at Foxrun or Fairway of the Mountains but week 15 is awesome - either to use or to exchange….many times it is the week before or after Easter. And I always got an offer for an accommodation certificate (bonus week) with II.

Great area to visit - I hope you find a taker

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Out of curiosity does this resort allow day use of the facilities? I owned a VRI managed resort that allowed day use during the off season.

This would be a plus in trying to give a unit away at this resort.

It's also a plus that this resort ownership will gain you fee access to VRI*ety Exchange with lower exchange fees than the big two and the ability to exchange any resorts you own into their system.

Good luck to both of you in finding a new owner.
I believe they allow day use -a great ownership for someone in the area

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe they allow day use -a great ownership for someone in the area

If this is the case and I had a unit there to sell or give away I'd advertise in the Charlotte or Asheville Craig's List, the same for FreeCycle and I's put it in eBay classifieds, all free to list.

I got a tremendous response from a TS ad on FreeCycle.

Stressing the day use rights would make it very appealing to someone who lives nearby.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I for one----have learned a LOT from this conversation. Thank you John for great comments--- BTW--for our little group here--John sent me an extremely thoughtful PM after his initial comments. New readers will have no idea what we are talking about.

I will be checking in today and verifying all the items discussed here. I can say this--- the HOA is the best. Management by VRI is as well. I will continue my comments on Tuesday when we might get some rain.

I would have NO problem keeping the week and sharing it with other individuals. On many occasions, Evon and I would check in--have a few days by ourselves, have a few nights with friends, and then leave--giving those folks some private time. I consider this week prime time. Think about it.

Jeff :)

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have always believed that the best prospect to take a TS is someone who already owns at that resort.

I owned a week 16 2BR at Alpine Village near Burnsville NC and found a taker on the resorts on line message board. He owned the same fixed unit in the fall and wanted a spring unit there.

Perhaps after you check in you may be able to find someone interested in your week 15 or the above mentioned week 5.

When I'm at my resort I talk to everyone I can about their ownership and mine and also talk about TUG. You never know who or what you might run into.

Also if there is a bulletin board that you can post messages on, that would be a great place to advertise.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Currently the MF's are $660./yr. That is a $10. increase from last year--- and the first increase in many years. A while back (I'll get the correct timeline @ tomorrows owner's meeting) MF's were actually LOWERED---- imagine that by Wyndham & others. Speaking of Wyndham--- their comparable units go for 126k @ $800+ MF's.

As stated earlier, I'll check on other questions asked here & report back tomorrow. Weather hit 80 yesterday and Chimney Rock was a Harley parking lot. Dogwoods are at max bloom but Azalea's are just comming in. Apple Vally is cotten candy pink. A little rain tomorrow to wash down the pollen and then three days of golf.

How about Bubba ? Just heard the family went out to celebrate @ Waffle House.

jeffwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We're back home today--- rented the last three days via craigslist.

No Tuesday owners meeting. Sat down yesterday with Jeanette Elliott--16 year GM for VRI Management. Her are facts + answers---

No day privileges--HOA policy and VRI has no say.

MF's in 600's since 2009. They were lowered from $660. in 2012 & back to $660. in 2014. There is NO reserve fund--our HOA operates strictly within budget. The biggest expense in the last 4 years was replacement of road retaining walls which is now DONE. No fear of special assessments.

FOXRUN TOWNHOMES is the proper name for our resort. Over the years HOA members argued 2 words were proper (FOX RUN) and both are now used.

Fox Run units are three levels & Fox Den are two. Same HOA. We have 7000 weeks and less than 350 owned by HOA. BLUEGREEN has a block, but shows no interest in takeover. They are fighting for Royal Dunes in HH, but WE fight back harder.

FOXRUN HOA currently has 72% collections from owners--and additional income from rental programs. Owners can have any available week for MF's and this DOES happen.

FOXRUN TOWNHOMES trades with VRI, RCI, and II. Now THAT'S trading power. Both VRI & II are now owned by Interval Leisure Group-- stock symbol I.L.G. Might be worth looking into.

We had a great visit-- played 18 on Tuesday with just a hint of rain. Watched Dirty Dancing that night. That hotel (in a cove) was 3/4 burned a few years back but private owners are building a new B&B on site. In August there is a Dirty Dancing Festival that brings people from all over the world. Pretty Cool.

Your humble reporter,

Jeff

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
.... Sat down yesterday with Jeanette Elliott--16 year GM for VRI Management. Her are facts + answers---

No day privileges--HOA policy and VRI has no say.

Well, so much for the day use issue. It's still in a great area with plenty of outdoor activities and free membership in VRI*ety Exchange. Their exchange fees are lower than either of the big two.

Inhislove

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
TPU?

Can you see how many tpu this would pull in RCI?
Or is it already spoken for?

Becky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Polynesian, DVC AKL Jambo House, Foxrun, Fairways of the Mountains, Blue Ridge Village, Treetops, Gatlinburg Town Square, and Waterside.
Lake Lure is in an Isothermal Belt which keeps the area warmer in the Winter and cooler in the Summer. A few years back, the area had a lot of snow and many of the girls in the front desk did not have 4 wheel drive to get to work. The area does not experience this weather that often so most people do not own four wheel drive. Foxrun and The Fairways do a great job of keeping the roads clear when it does snow. The HOA does the rest. Our daughter goes to school close to Lake Lure and the weather is similar. If it gets cold, it is only for a day or two and then warms back. We spent many New Years there which is similar to week 5 and the weather was wonderful. Short sleeves during the day. At least one golf course is open all year long.
For those of you who remember Jerry Wright of Redden Realty, I asked him how he found Lake Lure from Ohio. He said that each year he would go further South until he could find an area warm enough in the Winter to play golf. He finally reached Lake Lure and stopped there.

Last edited: