• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Index of some litigation involving Diamond Resorts International

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dirty Rats Incorporated.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Not that I'm defending DRI. Lord knows I complained enough that at one point I received a personal E-mail from S. Cloobeck that said, "I don't think you need to be an owner anymore." But try looking up litigation against Marriott for the last few years. For that matter my bet is you could find several cases against just about every timeshare developer doing business in the world.

Some might be legitimate. Most are somewhat frivolous in that those who bought never took the time to learn how to use it.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
You Have An Excellent Case. Now, How Much Justice Can You Afford ?

Owners & owner associations & independent timeshare HOAs can never out-lawyer the timeshare companies.

Individuals & independent HOAs will get lawyer-whipped every time.

I was briefly on a HOA committee (committee member only, not a BOD member) working with a timeshare board that had successfully kept the timeshare company at arm's length for 10 years or so, including prevailing in the settlement of a lawsuit brought against the board by the timeshare company's predecessor.

The predecessor company's obligations & limits, including those imposed in the settlement, were adopted & taken over by the successor timeshare company, which went along with the settlement restrictions -- for a while.

Then after a few years the successor timeshare company started flexing its legal muscle, going back to court & getting a judge to undo the old settlement agreement's key restriction limiting the company's power over the independent HOA.

That's all she wrote. Today the formerly independent timeshare resort is just another link in the corporate chain.

Timeshare companies will always be able to lawyer-whip independent timeshare boards, not to mention individual timeshare owners.

In the case of an individual or a board thinking about legal battle against a timeshare company, for good cause, the situation is apt to boil down to You Have An Excellent Case -- Now, How Much Justice Can You Afford ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Not that I'm defending DRI. Lord knows I complained enough that at one point I received a personal E-mail from S. Cloobeck that said, "I don't think you need to be an owner anymore." But try looking up litigation against Marriott for the last few years. For that matter my bet is you could find several cases against just about every timeshare developer doing business in the world.

Some might be legitimate. Most are somewhat frivolous in that those who bought never took the time to learn how to use it.

The files posted are Diamond Resorts actions against HOA Directors, not members filing against DRI.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
The files posted are Diamond Resorts actions against HOA Directors, not members filing against DRI.

Well that's a horse of a different color.

I've become so timeshare lawsuit fatigued I never really pay attention anymore. I pay my fee's until I'm ready to get rid of the timeshare and move on. So far we've rid ourselves of three, including our DRI deeds.