• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Intrawest (EmBARF) Members

WBP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be prepared to receive an email message like this:

"We are currently reaching out to all our EmBARF Members to answer your questions and share with you some exciting new options now available with your Membership! As you are not currently scheduled to visit a Club soon, it’s vital that you let me know the best time and number to reach you as this is the most important update you may ever do.
Please let me know a good time that works for ideally both of you to schedule your transitional update. I will try to call you if I don’t hear from you, but I know your time is precious and we are attempting to reach all our Members, so best to schedule a minimum of 20 minutes to review things.

Look forward to hearing from you and setting up a time.

Kind regards
Anne

*****ACTION ITEM******

The audacity of DRI and this person, "Anne," to say "it’s vital that you let me know the best time and number to reach you as this is the most important update you may ever do." It's vital, huh? The sad thing is that by responding to Anne's bait, Anne will (reportedly) be paid a commission, if she is a marketing representative for DRI (to "book a sales tour").

BUT, THERE IS A WAY TO GIVE DIAMOND A TASTE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE: Say "yes" to the marketing person's invitation to attend/take a "sales tour (which may be disguised by another name)," take up a salesperson's time, and SAY NO to every one of the salesperson's offers to buy something (from Diamond Resorts International or EmBARF).

Doing the above will (adversely) skew the marketing person's, sales person's, and Diamond's sales and marketing metrics by attending a sales presentation, AND SAYING NO. I can't imagine a nicer, more sincere gift to Diamond Resorts International.

Last edited:

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
It's vital for Anne, it's vital for DRI but for the member? How vital is it to get a pitch to spend a few tens of thousands of dollars for an "upgrade" to THE Club?
Not very, I would say...

Bill4728

Reaction score
Here is a quote from the Club intrawest owner site
( http://www.citheownersgroup.org/#!special-general-meeting/zwi5t ) about the results of the general meeting held in Vancouver on June 18th

SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING: JUNE 18, 2016 VANCOUVER BC

1st SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING – WHAT DO WE TAKE AWAY?

Congratulations!!! To every member who was able attend the very 1st meeting of members of Club Intrawest/Embarc. It was an historic moment to see the room filled to capacity with passionate members who care about our Club.

A very big thank you to all the volunteers who worked hard contacting members to vote during the election and attend or send in proxies for the Special General Meeting.

IT WAS A SUCCESS!!!!!!!

A clear message was sent to the Board of Directors. Over 1000 members were in attendance. Over 700 proxies were sent in. WOW!
More members are now aware of the places to go on the web and facebook to find information.
Thanks to the efforts of volunteers at the SGM, we now have another 400 member’s emails (in addition to the 700 we already had) so we can begin to communicate between ourselves and inform each other.
The meeting continued albeit it was not at times well handled by the BOD. There was a lot of deflection and blocking when questions were too direct.
The BOD showed their true colors.
The Members owned the room. That was clear as the volunteers handed out information and others held court before the meeting was called to order to answer questions from Members.

THE DOWNSIDE

WE DIDN’T MAKE QUORUM. It is near impossible the way the governing by-laws are written for the member votes to reach a quorum. We needed 15% of the Voting Power residing in Members other than the Declarant. At the end of the count we stood at 6.52%.
The two resolutions did not have sufficient discussion because the BOD did not support that kind of a discussion in the open format.

THE UPSIDE

We have an opportunity with the next BOD election to elect a truly independent director in 2017. Only the Member’s vote will count.
A working group of dedicated volunteers met with a Law Firm in Vancouver to discuss options. More will be shared with Members as we progress.
More member outreach will continue in order to grow our contact information so members can communicate unfettered.
Members are becoming informed on our structure and the lay of the land in the timeshare industry

WHERE ARE WE GOING

There was a clear message from Members during the SGM and the post-SGM that we want a fair and reasonable say in the operation of our club – member driven not Board or company driven
Members want transparency in the actions and decisions of the Board of Directors.

HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET THERE

Inform yourself through the web site http://citheownersgroup.org
By being active and participating in meetings (in person or proxy).
Know that every vote or proxy counts.
Lend a hand when volunteers are needed.
Work to make positive changes to the by-laws, which govern our Club.
Reach out to members when you are at a club. Every one we talk to will be better informed to make the right decision for them.

KNOW, THAT STANDING TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

badbeatjackpot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Bill,
Is there a way to just give up my voting rights to the ciownersgroup without investing too much time learning everything?
My guess is that the group will make a much better informed decision on any voting matter than me putting in minimal effort to get caught up to speed.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Hey Bill,
Is there a way to just give up my voting rights to the ciownersgroup without investing too much time learning everything?
My guess is that the group will make a much better informed decision on any voting matter than me putting in minimal effort to get caught up to speed.
On the CIownersgroup website they had a place where I could assign them my vote Not sure what is happening now.

Bill

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
Not time for proxies yet...

We will do another proxy drive when the next election comes around and DRI sends the instructions. We will also send registered members the information concerning who the chosen candidate is. That should be in early May 2017.
In the meantime, if you want to stay informed through our newsletters, I encourage you to register with us at this link:
www.citheownersgroup.org/my-information

Last edited: