• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deflationgate part II

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Damn, you guys and gals are wicked fast! I just got an alert on my phone 10 minutes ago!

I can't wait to read the comments sections of the articles that will be written on this to see the Patriots fans go apoplectic!

The penalty on the Patriots team was a lot more severe than I would've expected. Losing a 1st and 4th round draft pick is pretty severe especially considering Belichick new nothing about it. :cool::rolleyes:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Legendary coach, Don Shula, said:
"We always tried to do it by the rules and set an example for those that are looking for an example. That's what I think I take more pride in than anything else... I coached for 33 years, and I never once in that 33-year period of time ever even talked or heard anyone talk about the air in a football."

I happen to believe that. He was a class act.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Damn, you guys and gals are wicked fast! I just got an alert on my phone 10 minutes ago!

I can't wait to read the comments sections of the articles that will be written on this to see the Patriots fans go apoplectic!

The penalty on the Patriots team was a lot more severe than I would've expected. Losing a 1st and 4th round draft pick is pretty severe especially considering Belichick new nothing about it. :cool::rolleyes:

Bellichick is the only NFL coach to win 4 Super Bowls and have 2 1st Round Draft Picks stripped for cheating.:ponder::ponder:

geekette

Reaction score
Wow. I'm okay with all of it except for the two locker room idiots losing their jobs. What were they supposed to do, say no to the orders?!
Yeah, the sacrificial lambs, it always rolls downhill. If no one else lost their jobs, how do they get axed? All involved knew it was wrong, and it was a conspiracy. "Discipline them" with either one week of pay or demotion. Give them the warning that no further infraction of any kind will be tolerated Hypocritical to fire them if the others don't get bounced.

joewillie12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will I be able to turn my Brady jersey in to the pats for a refund? I simply can't imagine wearing it anymore:doh:

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Will I be able to turn my Brady jersey in to the pats for a refund? I simply can't imagine wearing it anymore:doh:

Only if you send it back on an overinflated weather balloon.

Cheers

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
New comment from Brady:

"You want me with that ball....you NEED me with that ball!!"

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
New comment from Brady:

"You want me with that ball....you NEED me with that ball!!"

HAHAHA!!! That's very good! You need to figure out how to do a meme before somebody else runs with your idea!

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA!!! That's very good! You need to figure out how to do a meme before somebody else runs with your idea!

A local radio station already did a dub of the audio with that scene making it specific to deflategate. Im trying to find it online right now. It was pretty funny.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
"You can't handle the truth!!!"

Cheers

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers stated he likes the ball over inflated.

Jay Cutler caught using a towel with stickum on it to wipe the ball during a game.

Jimmy Johnson stating a lot of teams filmed the opposing sidelines regularly including himself when he coached the Cowboys.
This stuff goes on all the time in the NFL and the Patriots got targeted and caught because they are so successful and definitely a little arrogant about it. :D
Nuf said

I don't think so....You have many examples of the NFL hitting cheating teams. You forgot to mention the Saints and Falcons, for example.

BTW, did you know the Pats have a record of holding onto the ball that is SO much better than other teams that the odds of it being statistically outside the standard deviation (on its own) are 1 in 16233?

http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2015/01/23/deflated-patriots-statistically-impossible-fumble-record/

To sum up the article: League average- 1 fumble every 105 carries-since 2007-BTW 2007 was the Pats 16-0 regular season. (Nearly every team within 21 of that average.) The Pats-- 1 fumble in 187 carries. Nearly statistically impossible.

Do you think that could be because the ball has been easier to hold on to?

There is a pattern.

Last edited:

Mr. Vker

Reaction score

Well, you are in HI. Thats many hours behind us. :D

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW, did you know the Pats have a record of holding onto the ball that is SO much better than other teams that the odds of it being statistically outside the standard deviation (on its own) are 1 in 16233?

http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2015/01/23/deflated-patriots-statistically-impossible-fumble-record/

Do you think that could be because the ball has been easier to hold on to?

There is a pattern.

That's why I think Belichick has to be involved and he's soooooo lucky he wasn't involved with it during that specific Colts game.

That team advantage IMO is much more significant than the individual advantage Brady received.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tom Brady has been suspended for the first four (4) games of the 2015-16 football season and the team was fine one million dollars(peanuts). Plus the loss of two (2) future draft picks. Wow now that was a very soft fine on Brady and the Team in my opinion.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tom Brady has been suspended for the first four (4) games of the 2015-16 football season and the team was fine one million dollars(peanuts). Plus the loss of two (2) future draft picks. Wow now that was a very soft fine on Brady and the Team in my opinion.

Actually very balanced:

Owner - $1M
Coach - 2 draft picks
QB - 4 games off to serve as ball boy

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Except its naive to think that Brady will get 4 games after the appeal...

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Roger Goodell- "YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT, I ORDERED THE CODE RED"

Not Goodell. I was thinking more of Brady or Belichick ordering the code red to those two equipment managers to deflate the footballs.

Goodell is more like the Tom Cruise character IMO.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
That's why I think Belichick has to be involved and he's soooooo lucky he wasn't involved with it during that specific Colts game.

That team advantage IMO is much more significant than the individual advantage Brady received.

Being from Baltimore, I have suspicions about them overcoming a 14 point deficit twice in the playoff game against the Ravens. Brady even ran one in. Squeezing it tight. :D

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
doubt any of the saints coaching staff, nor the players that served significantly longer suspensions will agree this penalty was acceptable as punishment for "violating the integrity of the league"

I do find it bizarre how all over the map the penalties for things in the NFL seem to be.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Actually very balanced:

Owner - $1M
Coach - 2 draft picks
QB - 4 games off to serve as ball boy

Heard on local radio.

Not my analysis...

$1mil is nothing. (I wish I felt that way.)

Draft picks huge-but the NFL has positioned that ignorance is no defense. Bounty gate and Falcons Crowd noise.

QB-should have been 6 as appeal will likely water it down.

My thoughts-- Brady has appealed. Will the Pats? Their statement said they would accept the punishment given by the NFL.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thankfully, no referees were harmed in the making of this spectacle.

-