• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deflationgate part II

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I happen to think Olberman is one of the world's bigger jerks but I though that clip was right on the money. I especially liked the tinfoil hat. :D

Cheers
The Jerk shop called, they are out of you.
:)

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. The BS contained in the Patriots response to the Wells Report is down right comical. :rofl::rofl:

http://wellsreportcontext.com/

Patriots lawyers say McNally referred to himself as deflator because he was trying to lose weight.....

Right, and if you believe that. I have some oceanfront property in AZ for you. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
You know who should be suspended from football? Pete Carroll for not running the ball at the end of the SB!

Still… why don't teams use the same set of balls? Having followed football for years - I was not aware of this until deflategate.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
You know who should be suspended from football? Pete Carroll for not running the ball at the end of the SB!

Agreed. Please dont bring up the SB again. :(

Still… why don't teams use the same set of balls? Having followed football for years - I was not aware of this until deflategate.

You're going to love the answer to this...

They did, until 2006. In 2006, they changed it to where the Offense would now provide their own balls going forward.

It was championed by two players...want to guess who one of them was?

If you said Tom Brady, you get a cookie!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
It was championed by two players...want to guess who one of them was?

If you said Tom Brady, you get a cookie!

Wow. Was the other Peyton Manning?
It amazes me that NFL allowed this - for this exact reason.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question: If the Patriots organization did nothing wrong, then why are those 2 Patriot equipment guys suspended indefinitely without pay? :cool::rolleyes:

geekette

Reaction score
Question: If the Patriots organization did nothing wrong, then why are those 2 Patriot equipment guys suspended indefinitely without pay? :cool::rolleyes:

Yep. And no one yelling about how unfair it is to them, either.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure that was part of the NFL punishment.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope. It was completely a club decision and NOT an NFL decision.

You may be right... I sure don't get it though, it appears to be a combined effort. Here's what I heard.

Neither of these individuals may be reinstated without the prior approval of NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Troy Vincent. If they are reinstated by the Patriots, Jastremski is prohibited from having any role in the preparation, supervision, or handling of footballs to be used in NFL games during the 2015 season. McNally is barred from serving as a locker room attendant for the game officials, or having any involvement with the preparation, supervision, or handling of footballs or any other equipment on game day.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/c...ent-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-punishment

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tom Brady's Super Bowl Ring

Part of the action by the NFL

image.jpg

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Kraft's statement tonight leaves the door open for appeal with that "however" thrown in ...

"Despite our conviction that there was no tampering with footballs, it was our intention to accept any discipline levied by the league. Today’s punishment, however, far exceeded any reasonable expectation. It was based completely on circumstantial rather than hard or conclusive evidence."

"We are humbled by the support the New England Patriots have received from our fans throughout the world. We recognize our fans’ concerns regarding the NFL’s penalties and share in their disappointment in how this one-sided investigation was handled, as well as the dismissal of the scientific evidence supported by the Ideal Gas Law in the final report."

"Tom Brady has our unconditional support. Our belief in him has not wavered."

Did anybody ever really believe that they'd sit and take whatever the league handed down without at least trying to discredit it? Not me - living here you learn very quickly that the Pats are the league's scapegoats and they never ever never ever never NEVER EVER get a fair shake. "Haters gonna hate, winners gonna win, blahblahblah" :rolleyes:

Kraft is accepting the decision of the league. No Patriots' appeal.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kraft is accepting the decision of the league. No Patriots' appeal.

Yup, that's very revealing. They can do all the PR saber rattling they want, but when the rubber meets the road they don't really want to bring this to court. You see if it goes to court then you must allow further and complete discovery with subpoena powers that the Wells investigation didn't have. No way they want that. That's why I'll eat my shirt if Brady ever sues. There's no way he'll want his cell phone and text messages part of the public record. Brady will appeal and then he'll accept the final decision whatever it is and move on with no further legal action.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel their move is to late. Fans, NFL teams & others out side of Mass. feels this organization will do anything or what ever it takes to win including cheating at all levels.

geekette

Reaction score
I feel their move is to late. Fans, NFL teams & others out side of Mass. feels this organization will do anything or what ever it takes to win including cheating at all levels.

Yeah, but it wasn't Deflategate that started it, and I would hold the same opinion regardless of the outcome of this. they aren't newly dirty.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a comment about the Patriot's lawyer saying McNally referred to himself as the deflator in reference to his losing weight. Strangely that might be true BUT he could well have done this jokingly given his history of deflating footballs. When later he started to try to reduce weight, this bizarre reference to loosing weight might simply have been a tongue in cheek remark given that he was trying to do to himself what he had been doing to footballs.

Admittedly speculation, but it is the best explanation I can come up with as to how the lawyers could have put this in their report without outright lying. What they didn't do (if the above theory is right) is go on to explain how McNally came up with this odd reference to losing weight.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a chance. Not when you say this after making the "deflator" comment. I'm sure ESPN was interested in hearing about his weight loss. :rolleyes:

McNally:
Chill buddy im just f***in with you ....im not going to
espn........yet

Last edited by a moderator:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless Brady or the Patriots are paying them off for life, wouldn't the absolute truth eventually come out in the open at some point? I'm willing to bet it will.

geekette

Reaction score
Unless Brady or the Patriots are paying them off for life, wouldn't the absolute truth eventually come out in the open at some point? I'm willing to bet it will.

Hmmm, maybe. I think most involved want it to die and go away. If there aren't threats and intimidation to keep it quiet, there is simple passage of time and possibility of new scandal squirrel on someone elses field.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Seems to me it already has.:D

Cheers