• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV OV: 1) Deluxe OV, 2) OV, 3) premium OV?

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between one bedroom units: deluxe OV, OV, and premium OV, if any? What are the maintence fees for these types of 1 br's, respectively, if different? Where are they located?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know you will! :D) but the term deluxe refers to the size of the unit - these units do not have superior views.

Deluxe refers to some of the corner units which have a larger floor plan (the 2 bdm. lock-off is 150 sq. ft. larger) and are about $400 a year more for MF. The deluxe studio units have an actual balcony, whereas standard (premium) studio units have only a "juliet balcony."

See the floor plans on the website to see the difference between standard and deluxe floorplans.

The "standard" units are also called "premium" units on the Starwood website when they are describing the separate 1 bdm. and studio.

So the deluxe 1 bdms. are slightly larger than the premium (standard) 1 bdms.

Last edited:

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denise. I was considering and trying to evaluate the thought of purchasing two 1-bedroom units vs. one 2-bedroom LO. I've noticed ads offering to sell 1-br deluxe OV, 1-br premium OV, and 1-br OV.

Looks like there are essentially two types of 1-br:

1) 1-br deluxe
2) 1-br standard(premium).

If 1-br deluxe OV units were sold, wouldn't they have to be corner units with higher MF than 1-br standard(premium)? If so, wouldn't they have to be either OF or OV(at the back of buildings in order to be corner units)? Thus, 1-br OV deluxe units would have higher MFs and not that close to the ocean views since they're located at the back of buildings?

Potentially back of the building location and higher MFs would definitely lean toward comparing two 1br OV vs. one 2br LO, both not deluxe.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Your reasoning sounds good to me. Plus, is 150 Sq. Ft. worth $400 more in MF? The only real advantage I see is that the studio side has a real balcony with furniture that you can sit on - but being farther from the ocean would definitely be a negative for me.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks Denise. I was considering and trying to evaluate the thought of purchasing two 1-bedroom units vs. one 2-bedroom LO. I've noticed ads offering to sell 1-br deluxe OV, 1-br premium OV, and 1-br OV.

Looks like there are essentially two types of 1-br:

1) 1-br deluxe
2) 1-br standard(premium).

If 1-br deluxe OV units were sold, wouldn't they have to be corner units with higher MF than 1-br standard(premium)? If so, wouldn't they have to be either OF or OV(at the back of buildings in order to be corner units)? Thus, 1-br OV deluxe units would have higher MFs and not that close to the ocean views since they're located at the back of buildings?

Potentially back of the building location and higher MFs would definitely lean toward comparing two 1br OV vs. one 2br LO, both not deluxe.

For the 1Bd units - there are only deeded 1Bd OV units and they have a premium floorplan - none other exist (there are no 1Bd Dlx units that are not part of a 2Bd LO) - so ads that state there are other types are misleading and importantly - incorrect.

There are 6 in each corner on B2 and B3 next to the corner Dlx units (maybe 5 where there is no 1st floor unit), and 6 in B4. I have previously listed the number of unit types and their relative valuations (used to calculate MFs). [PS - kindly listed above...]

Last edited:

Courts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I'm confused.

We just stayed at WKORV in March, and the desk clerk called our large 1 br OV a "deluxe".

She explained that the "Premium" refers to the corner units. :shrug:

califgal

Reaction score
Deluxe definately refers to the l-bdrm unit with the long entry hallway and it is a bit more spacious inside and has nice big windows in the living area. The studio side, like everyone else has said, has a real balcony that you can go out to. And I believe the studio has a bit different conifguration.

We know more than the clerks!! As well as the timeshare salespeople!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
There is a difference between what is rented/exchanged - and what is deeded for the ability to sale/resale. There are no deeded 1Bd Deluxe units, but there are deeded 1Bd Premium units. There are no studios that are deeded unless they are part of a 2Bd LO.