• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin River Front Mountain Villas Beaver Creek

kirbytravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this convenient to the lifts? Any other thoughts on this property is welcome. I'm trying to decide where to trade to. We like convenience, but don't care for craziness.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This will be a difficult trade during ski season, because Starwood owners have first priority for any deposits (like the Marriott-Marriott priority) so if you are putting in an ongoing request, I'd include other resorts as well.

Have you read the reviews on this property in the TUG Ratings and Reviews?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have never seen a deposit into II for this resort during any season and that is looking with Starwood priority. I have had an ongoing search for a summer week here (which would be an easier trade than a ski week) since last August and nothing has come through with Starwood priority.

Unless you are doing a direct trade with an owner I doubt it would come through.

zinger1457

Reaction score
I've seen some good getaway offers in II during the ski season for the Vail/Avon area but not for the Westin Riverfront. The Riverfront is the smallest timeshare resort I've been to, only 1 building, so inventory will always be tight during the peak seasons. I've had no problem getting a September week during the Oktoberfest season at the Riverfront but that was using points through SVN.

Fletcher921

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, CA;
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, MX;
Westgate Park City, UT
The lift up to the resort area at Beaver Creek is adjacent. Very convenient. Kind of like a direct flight - rather than a nonstop though.

We toured the Westin property the first time that we stayed at the Sheraton Mountain Vista and bought an "explorer package" for like $1750. It gave us like 8,000 starpoints up front, a four night stay and 50,000 points upon checkout. We stayed the following winter and it was great. We bought another package last winter and are returning this August to check it out in the summer this time.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Riverfront is the smallest timeshare resort I've been to, only 1 building, so inventory will always be tight during the peak seasons. I've had no problem getting a September week during the Oktoberfest season at the Riverfront but that was using points through SVN.

Anyone with availability experience via StarOptions in March (assume we'll try booking at exactly 8 months out)?

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Summer is a very hard trade too with SOs. Took me many tries and had to compromise on date. They try to steer you to SMV for same number of SOs...

J&JFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
VERY DIFFICULT trade for summer, I agree!!!

I've been calling for months, beginning at the 8 month window and have only been able to get a large 1BR, no 2BR L/O has been available. AND I've been asking for a reservation in a large 2 month window, not a small 1 or 2 week window.

Last edited:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bumping this a bit, very interested in an answer if anyone knows...

I'm still waiting for a response myself...

We're going to try book for next March during our spring break at the 8 months point and see what happens.

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two years ago we stayed at the Westin Riverfront using Staroptions. It was during the last week of March/first week of April timeframe and we were able to get the unit on our first call exactly 8 months out.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two years ago we stayed at the Westin Riverfront using Staroptions. It was during the last week of March/first week of April timeframe and we were able to get the unit on our first call exactly 8 months out.

Good to hear -- my daughter saw the property on TV, and loved the way the gondola comes right up to the patio deck, so she wants to go there. :)

That and the St Regis Aspen is now a SPG 7, so a week there is just not going to happen any more...

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good to hear -- my daughter saw the property on TV, and loved the way the gondola comes right up to the patio deck, so she wants to go there. :)

That and the St Regis Aspen is now a SPG 7, so a week there is just not going to happen any more...
Having the gondola right there is nice. What is even nicer is the ski valet -- you just get off the gondola, take a few steps, and hand your boots, skis, and poles to the attendant. No heavy stuff to take back to the room, and the boots are warm and dry for the next morning run :).

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Having the gondola right there is nice. What is even nicer is the ski valet -- you just get off the gondola, take a few steps, and hand your boots, skis, and poles to the attendant. No heavy stuff to take back to the room, and the boots are warm and dry for the next morning run :).

Well, as much as I hate to say it, the other main reason that this property has made it on the list is that my wife saw it on Real Housewives of somewhere or other... :eek:

I'm sure the skiing and area are nice.

TDS

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience is that ski weeks are challenging to get with SO. I reserved a 1 BR premium two years ago on MLK weekend in January. While at the resort, the staff commented on how fortunate I was to get the week. Last year I tried to call at the 8 month date several times for weeks in Jan or Feb of 2012 - no luck. March will be equally challenging due to Spring Break travel. I think its been mentioned here how small this resort is - 27 total units, I believe.

Its a great resort if you can get it. Gondola and ski valet already mentioned are great conveniences. Skiing at Beaver Creek is fantastic. I skiied four days post MLK Day week and never waited in a lift line longer than 3 minutes...usually skiied right on the lift all day. I'm told March is more crowded, though. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Good luck!

jkrischt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bumping this a bit, very interested in an answer if anyone knows...

I'm an owner here and I just tried to book in Jan 2013 we week late of 1/5. I called like 360 days in advance instead of 365 days and the Saturday - Saturday was all booked. I was however able to do Sunday to Sunday. So I have to imagine the ski weeks in mid-season are tough to get with Star Options.

I've been able to use restricted StarOptions to book a 5 day vacation like 2 months in advance to the Sheraton in Avon for early Dec before. So its probably very doable around that time. Its actually not a bad time to go because its less crowded, but a lot of runs are not open yet I don't think the gondola from the Westin opens until Mid Dec.

Anyone had any success booking the resort in Steamboat using Star Options before? I'd like to hear if anyone has done that before...I imagine that is ever tougher than Riverfront.

Brad

saluki

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to book a spring break week the first year that the resort was up & running (spring 2010, I believe). I tried again the next 2 years at the 8-month mark & no luck. I would say that the chances of getting a spring break week here are very remote.

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
Riverfront

Not to gloat :ignore: - but I own (2) 2BR LO ski weeks here and was only able to grab 1 on Fri 3/8/13 and 1 on Sun 3/10/13 - Could't get thru on Sat! It is difficult for owners to get "The Ski Week" - almost impossible to book both in the 1-2 min it takes to lock the reservation and start the next one. I figure the 138 Units divided by 3 nights only allows 45-46 reserv/night available and there is a potential 138 X (wks 48-50 assuming 51 & 52 would not want & wks 1-15) 18 wks total = maximum of 2,484 potential suitors!!!:eek:
We hope we can use both if family schedules allow, but as we all know - there is no problem renting these units out.
Sometimes owners swap with other owners of premier weeks like WSJ:rolleyes:
We have skied at BC for several years and consider this property just about perfect.
Gondola, Ski valet "Bob's restaurant over the tracks"
By the way the Hotel is no slouch!! No wonder C'Nast gave it Numero Uno:whoopie:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Villas vs. hotel?

Are the villas and the hotel rooms in the same building, just different wings?

Or are they physically separated on the property?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Not to gloat :ignore: - but I own (2) 2BR LO ski weeks here and was only able to grab 1 on Fri 3/8/13 and 1 on Sun 3/10/13 - Could't get thru on Sat! It is difficult for owners to get "The Ski Week" - almost impossible to book both in the 1-2 min it takes to lock the reservation and start the next one.

Have you tried using the method that other multi-week owners have used -- that is, to call Starwood at exactly 12 months out, and then asking to book both of your weeks back to back in one phone call? Your 2nd week should be a lock because it gets booked prior to the opening of the reservation window.

Of course, this only works if you want consecutive weeks, not concurrent weeks.

gtm2011

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the villas and the hotel rooms in the same building, just different wings?

Or are they physically separated on the property?

They are separate buildings, but right next door to each other. There is just a small walkway that separates the two buildings and it leads to the pool and gondola.