• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

hgvc lagoon tower 2 bdrm

walken1974

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at buying (resale) lagoon tower 2 bdrm 7000 points platinum week.
I have looked over some of the lagoon tower view threads and I am still confused. Would this unit be considered an oceanview unit ? Where are these rooms located and does anyone have photos ? I have stayed at the lagoon tower in the past on cash and I believe we were in a 1 bdrm plus with views of dukes lagoon. We are a family of four and would also consider a 1 bdrm plus however as the kids get older I believe the 2 bdrm would be more comfortable as long as the views are not horrible. Thank-you

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I am looking at buying (resale) lagoon tower 2 bdrm 7000 points platinum week.
I have looked over some of the lagoon tower view threads and I am still confused. Would this unit be considered an oceanview unit ? Where are these rooms located and does anyone have photos ? I have stayed at the lagoon tower in the past on cash and I believe we were in a 1 bdrm plus with views of dukes lagoon. We are a family of four and would also consider a 1 bdrm plus however as the kids get older I believe the 2 bdrm would be more comfortable as long as the views are not horrible. Thank-you

The 7,000 point platinum week are the GV units (Regular unit, not Plus or Premier) and are located at the back of the building, or on the lower floors. The attachment will help to find the location. Personally, I think it is much better to own a 2BR Plus or a 2BR Premier, because of the higher floor location and better view?

Best,

Greg

Attachments

• Lagoon tower rooms layout.pdf
    138.6 KB · Views: 102

walken1974

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank-you I have it. What would be fair price for a eoy 2 bdrm plat ocean view unit?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Thank-you I have it. What would be fair price for a eoy 2 bdrm plat ocean view unit?

I think 2Br Plus Annuals have been reported at ~$15K so 50% of that is a reasonable guess. $7,500-$8,000 is a reasonable estimate. For comparison, I bought a 2Br Premer EOY for $12,000.

Good luck!

Greg

GM600

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld (Orlando)
HGVC on the Boulevard (Las Vegas)
Marriott’s Grande Vista

I was recently looking at purchasing a 2 BR plus (annual, platinum season) at lagoon tower, I found one for $10,000 plus closing costs.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was recently looking at purchasing a 2 BR plus (annual, platinum season) at lagoon tower, I found one for $10,000 plus closing costs.

You will not be getting it, Hilton will take it through ROFR. What a racket?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Will you be able to travel from Boston every other year to use this unit? I own at Lagoon eoy but I live on West Coast and can go there every other year. Its not a good location to own for trading, you must use it or rent it. The maint fee to point ratio is one of the highest in the hgvc system.

If you wont use it for at least 20-30 years the buy in cost plus maint fee makes it an expensive vacation every other year. I bought here from HGVC in 2001, a gold premier eoy was $19k. I need to use mine for another 15 years in order to average that cost out to where its cheaper than just renting the unit. The rents here are $2k-$3k, depending on view/season.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

GM600

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld (Orlando)
HGVC on the Boulevard (Las Vegas)
Marriott’s Grande Vista
You will not be getting it, Hilton will take it through ROFR. What a racket?

I didn't end up making an offer. I won't be able to go there every year and didn't want the hassle of renting it out. I have a deal pending at Seaworld with cheaper MF.

walken1974

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for their opinions. Question do some of the lagoon tower two bedrooms have 2 balconies ? It looks like via the floorplans some do in the rear of the tower facing the grand waikikian.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks everyone for their opinions. Question do some of the lagoon tower two bedrooms have 2 balconies ? It looks like via the floorplans some do in the rear of the tower facing the grand waikikian.
Yes, the front and rear units have two balconies. I've never stayed in a side 2 br unit.

Sent from my STUDIO ENERGY using Tapatalk

walken1974

TUG Member
Reaction score
When booking my deeded week at 12 months out saturday is the only checkin date ? If i wanted to book wed to wed for example I would need to wait to open season ? (Which would be risky) thanks in advance

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When booking my deeded week at 12 months out saturday is the only checkin date ? If i wanted to book wed to wed for example I would need to wait to open season ? (Which would be risky) thanks in advance

You would have to wait until Club season, 9 months from check out date. All Home season bookings are Sat-Sat.

Makes it fun on checkout morning with only 3 elevators, I've had to go up first to find an empty one.

schenriq

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
'Twas fun indeed :p We were on 7th floor last year during that week the covered ID4 and more than twice my son and daughter took the stairs to get to ground floor. It took longer but once I did ride an elevator up all the way to the top floor. That way I'm guaranteed a ride down. Ha. This might be the only option if one's at the higher floors and in a real hurry.

Makes it fun on checkout morning with only 3 elevators, I've had to go up first to find an empty one.

thare

Reaction score
You would have to wait until Club season, 9 months from check out date. All Home season bookings are Sat-Sat.

Random question - if you book your club season room, then random days open up in the system, can you drop a day and add a day at 9 months out to shift it a few days?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Random question - if you book your club season room, then random days open up in the system, can you drop a day and add a day at 9 months out to shift it a few days?

Yes, as long as its a club booking you can change the check in day. You could just book the shifted days from the start, only home season bookings are restrained to the Sat-Sat 7 day week.

thare

Reaction score
Yes, as long as its a club booking you can change the check in day. You could just book the shifted days from the start, only home season bookings are restrained to the Sat-Sat 7 day week.

What about home season? If you book a week in home season, then 4 months later decide to, can you switch dates or drop a few days? Or cancel and rebook real quick?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What about home season? If you book a week in home season, then 4 months later decide to, can you switch dates or drop a few days? Or cancel and rebook real quick?

Good question! Home week reservations are not changeable, only club bookings. Since there is no fee for home week bookings I suppose it could be canceled and rebooked for a different week, as long as it was still between 365 and 276 days before check in ( the home week booking period). Home week is always the full 7 days.

I don't know if anyone has tried canceling a home week and then trying to book less days as a club season ala the Wyndham cancel/rebook trick. Theoretically it is possible.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe I have stayed in all unit types at Lagoon Tower including studio and 3 bedroom penthouse and everything in between. The 2 bedroom garden view was my least favorite. It was a really large unit. Much bigger than the 2 bedroom ocean front. But the second bacony looked directly at the garage. The dinning room table faced that bacony. Normally I'm not too particular about views but that was a real let down. I kept the curtains facing the garage closed the whole time.

On the other hand, if the 2 bedroom garden view was the only thing available I would take it in a heartbeat.

Last edited: