• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Week 51 / 52 in Big Island

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to add HGVC to my timeshare as we love Big Island of all the islands. We currently have Worldmark and Marriott but the 4/5 year restriction is preventing us from exchanging into HGVC often.

I am looking to buy one of the following

1) Fixed week 51 2 br platinum pre at Waikoloa (9600 points ) ~15K USD
2) 2 Br Platinum Pre at Kingsland (14400 points ). ~20K USD

my kids loved the pool @ kingsland, thus we are considering it eventhou it is not fixed 51.

Question is, if we buy platinum kingsland, what is the possibility of getting a 51 / 52 week reservation ? Or is it better to get Waikoloa week 51 , if we really want to travel during that window ?

Greatly appreciate any and all insights.

Last edited:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to add HGVC to my timeshare as we love Big Island of all the islands. We currently have Worldmark and Marriott but the 4/5 year restriction is preventing us from exchanging into HGVC often.

I am looking to buy one of the following

1) Fixed week 51 2 br platinum pre at Waikoloa (9600 points ) ~15K USD
2) 2 Br Platinum Pre at Kingsland (14400 points ). ~20K USD

my kids loved the pool @ kingsland, thus we are considering it eventhou it is not fixed 51.

Question is, if we buy platinum kingsland, what is the possibility of getting a 51 / 52 week reservation ? Or is it better to get Waikoloa week 51 , if we really want to travel during that window ?

Greatly appreciate any and all insights.

Hi

I haven't actually went myself, but from what I understand is that if you want to go to HI during week 51/52 you need to own there. Week 51/52 is usually event weeks which means that those weeks are pre-booked for the owners.

You will only see availability if an owner cancels, that might happen anytime of year.

My recommendation is therefor to buy a fixed week 51/52 at HI if you wan't to go each year during those weeks.

Regards

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

I haven't actually went myself, but from what I understand is that if you want to go to HI during week 51/52 you need to own there. Week 51/52 is usually event weeks which means that those weeks are pre-booked for the owners.

You will only see availability if an owner cancels, that might happen anytime of year.

My recommendation is therefor to buy a fixed week 51/52 at HI if you wan't to go each year during those weeks.

Regards

Thank you. I was inclined to Kingsland as it made perfect sense from a MF / points perspective. But if it does not serve my purpose of reserving a week 51 / 52, it appears to be a no go. On the other hand MF at Waikoloa is slightly lower and I might be able to negotiate the purchase price a bit more as they seem to pass ROFR around $10K.

Just for clarification, how is the availability of 51/52 for platinum users at Kingsland ? Is it really hard to get a 51/52 week ?

Last edited:

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just for clarification, how is the availability of 51/52 for platinum users at Kingsland ? Is it really hard to get a 51/52 week ?

If they are selling weeks 51 and 52 as fixed weeks, it will be very hard to reserve as a floating platinum owner. Those would only show up if the owner uses their points for something else and there is no wait list. You have to log or call in every day in hopes of catching that.

I just looked and there is only one room available with a check in of 1/31 and that is for a few nights. There is nothing else in any of the 3 resorts for those weeks at this time.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for all the insights. I am wondering whether the premium for week 51 9600 point Waikoloa is worth it. We really love Kingsland pools but finding a week 51 is hard and ++$ over a platinum week at KL.

KL points to MF value is the best and Waikoloa is not very attractive from that perspective.

Finding it hard to make a decision :shrug: . Wonder whether buying Waikoloa is the right decision :)

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of buying a week 51 at Waikaloa. If I choose to not book week 51, am I eligible to book any other platinum week ? . thanks in advance.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of buying a week 51 at Waikaloa. If I choose to not book week 51, am I eligible to book any other platinum week ? . thanks in advance.

Yes, you would release your week 51 when you book something else.