• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Hawaiian Village - any tips?

icul8rg8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for the first time in a couple weeks, July 1-7th. We're staying at the Grand Waikikian in a 1-Bed Plus POV, and I've requested a high floor facing Diamond Head. Any other tips on where to view the 4th of July fireworks, not-to-be missed restaurants, activities for tweens (two 12 year olds, a boy and a girl)? Thanks in advance!

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
We viewed fireworks from the Lagoon Tower pool area. Snappers restaurant, directly across the street, has a great $3.99 breakfast special. Idk the max age for kids club but the field trips may be of interest to 12 yo first time visitors. Otherwise, paddle board and surf lessons are fun. They may also enjoy the Polynesian Cultural Center.

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
4th of July fireworks (located at Ala Moana Beach Park) are best viewed from the Ala Moana Shopping Center. Try Bubba Gump Shrimp and get a table with a view of the water. Also, Star of Honolulu and Dolphin Star have fireworks cruises. Restaurants not to miss: Side Street Inn Kapahulu, Duke's Waikiki, Nico's Pier 38, Tiki's Grill & Bar, Blue Water Shrimp at HHV, Beachhouse at the Moana. Check on TripAdvisor for others, too many to list.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
We will be staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for the first time in a couple weeks, July 1-7th. We're staying at the Grand Waikikian in a 1-Bed Plus POV, and I've requested a high floor facing Diamond Head. Any other tips on where to view the 4th of July fireworks, not-to-be missed restaurants, activities for tweens (two 12 year olds, a boy and a girl)? Thanks in advance!

I believe that all of the 1BR POV's are on the Ewa side, so do not get your hopes up for a DH view. I would tweak your room request to ask to be as far forward (towards the ocean) as possible.

I think your tweens will want to surf, and Big Wave Dave's surf school was great for our kids at that age (even younger). We also love to ride the outrigger canoe in the waves, that can be booked at the activities desks along waikiki beach. Finally, there are a number of excellent hikes on SE Oahu (most famously, Diamond Head, but there are others too).

You will have a great time, we love HHV/Waikiki/Oahu and you will too!

Best,

Greg

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I'll be there for three nights in October. Already thinking about dinner at Alan Wong's.

itr452

Reaction score
I'll be there for three nights in October. Already thinking about dinner at Alan Wong's.

Doooet ! Love that place
Me and my wife had our anniversary dinner there 5 years ago before our kids..now not sure how I'll go there again.
Guess the pineapple room will do for my Alan wong fix

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rent a car for one day and drive around the island especially to the North Shore.

Really good boogie boarding by Duke Statue. Kids will love that. You can walk down and back

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thank you for mentioning Alan Wong's. Haven't heard of nor have gone there before tonight. Took your post as a recommendation and went there for dinner tonight. Had the smaller tasting menu with paired wines for each course and enjoyed it immensely. The Chef's Tasting Menu had a few too many courses than our appetites could handle. Definitely not our last visit.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Thank you for mentioning Alan Wong's. Haven't heard of nor have gone there before tonight. Took your post as a recommendation and went there for dinner tonight. Had the smaller tasting menu with paired wines for each course and enjoyed it immensely. The Chef's Tasting Menu had a few too many courses than our appetites could handle. Definitely not our last visit.

I learned of it through Greg T.

Had my 50th birthday there and it was fantastic.