• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Think this will pass ROFR?

Brain26

Reaction score
Just won a 7k points parc Soleil on eBay for 520.00.

Let's see if HGVC will use ROFR.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hi

Sorry to say but I don't think it will pass. But since you have nothing to loose,go for it.

Regards.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with post above, nothing to loose. Try again if it does not pass.

leedaorg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lagoon tower 2bd gold 5000 points package got rofr'd at 910. I didn't expect to pass, but no harm trying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
HGVC MAX, Worldmark, Wyndham CWA
Just won a Las Vegas on the Strip annual 5,000 point 2 Bed/bath at $510 and it sounds like it may not pass either based on the comments here. As has been said here...does not hurt to try though :)

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
If these were eBay listings I suspect that not only do you lose out but also that the property listing will magically reappear on eBay.

Brain26

Reaction score
It passed ROFR!

Wow,

Time to sell my 5800 pt package so I will now have 7k points

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
HGVC MAX, Worldmark, Wyndham CWA
Great news and gives me hope mine will also pass. The seller did not think there would be any problem and said they had not had something ROFR'd in quite a while, but it would take 30 days to find out. Have about another week to go to find out, but this is a good sign as well.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score

It passed ROFR!

Wow,

Time to sell my 5800 pt package so I will now have 7k points

If these were eBay listings I suspect that not only do you lose out but also that the property listing will magically reappear on eBay.

Brain26, I was watching the auction you won not to bid on it, but to see how much it would go for. Then today I got an email that "an item I was watching has been relisted."

I think this is the auction that you won.

This is the relisted item.

Curious to know whether your deal with the seller went south or if the seller legitimately has more than one of these deeds for sale. I hope RX8's comment is untrue in your case.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If it's the same you need to be very careful, Brian. The seller may be trying to use one good listing to suck people in and then actually convey to you something that's just a little different. For example, you think you bought a gold week. They slip "silver" into the contract or something. Or you think you got a 2BR and suddenly the paperwork says 1BR.

Just be careful. Make sure you read everything carefully. And use a credit card so if they steal your money you at least have a shot at getting it back through a dispute.

Last edited:

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In both EBay ads the title says "Parc Solei" but then further down it says "Sea World" is the home resort. Not that owning at Sea World would be that different - points are points - but right off the bat it makes me suspicious.

mscheribel59

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Tuscany Village, HGV Parc Soleil, HGV Elara
Brian26, who told you that it passed ROFR?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It passed ROFR!

Do you have a copy of the official "Waiver of ROFR?"
It's a notarized, recordable document, signed by a HGVC officer.
A verbal report don't cut it.

joeyb1180

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo Las Vegas
HGVC on the Boulevard Las Vegas
In both EBay ads the title says "Parc Solei" but then further down it says "Sea World" is the home resort. Not that owning at Sea World would be that different - points are points - but right off the bat it makes me suspicious.

Careful on this seller everybody. Payment is only check, wire, or money order. Absolutely no protection from you credit card, eBay or Paypal on this. Plus the inconsistency in the listing where it does state Parc and Seaworld. I've had my fair share of the old BCS rental posts so I'm always looking at the eBay postings for the ones that don't seem kosher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simon.fisher.2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you get the official approval of Hilton? I am in the same boat for another unit and paid $395... just looking to see if it will pass