• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

west 57 vs Hilton Club

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi tuggers

I recently went to NYC and stayed at both properties.

The room at West 57 was nice, but we wasen't allowed to use the lounge nor the terasse, those were only for owners. The reception area is small, but that dosen't matter. I'd missed a place at the hotel to go get a drink, here the lounge would have been handy.

The room at Hilton club was also nice, we got a renovated one. At Hilton club here we were allowed to use the lounge, which was pretty awesome. I also liked the fact that we had an option to go to a bar at the hotel, even though we could have used the lounge. The lounge closes at 07pm or at least they stop serving at that point

I have been thinking afterwards if it is worth buying at one of the properties? I can't compare them 100% since I couldn't use the lounge at west 57th.

What do you tuggers think about both properties? - Seen from a hotel perspective they are are both nice. The fact that the hilton club is located within the Hilton midtown gives one the feeling that the hotel is more alive compared to west 57. On the other hand west 57th not being that crowed is also kind a nice. How is the lounge at west 57th compared to the lounge at Hilton Club? Does west 57 also provide breakfast as they do at the hilton club?

Seen from a MF point of view the west 57 is cheaper than the Hilton club. We are a family of 5, youngest being almost 5, and the oldest are both 11. In the future if we all had to go to NYC we couldn't fit a room at west 57 only a 2br at the Hilton club. But if we had enough points we could ofc just book 2 studios at west 57.

So i'm kinda divided about the properties, I like them both - but should I decide to buy at one of the locations I could really use some pros and cons about each property.

How much should I expect to pay for around 9k- 12k points? at these properties?

As an owner you would be able to use all facilities at the hotels, but what if you stayed there through RCI, would you still be able to use the facilities? I mean you would still be an owner even though you stayed there through RCI? I know that the hilton club has new rules for RCI exchangers not being able to go to the lounge going forward. Just trying to figure out if I bought some points, and used those for a stay in NYC and extended that stay with a RCI reservation.

Regards

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have owned at both. We originally owned at Hilton Club, didn't really care for that, sold it back to Hilton and bought W. 57th resale.

Yes, HCNY is within the hotel. I can see the point about the vibrancy but, to us, the net result was that the elevators simply took forever at several points during the day. In the end, the vibrancy of the lobby just was not enough to offset this.

The lounge at HCNY had been lousy. They have improved it (we went to check it out recently) but it is still, IMO, inferior to what they have at W. 57th. For one, they frequently have quiche in the morning at W. 57th and, as we don't each much carb, this works well. When last I checked, HCNY didn't have not breakfast items.

I like the feel of the W. 57th better, and prefer the rooms. We've stayed in Studio Plus and Studio "Extra" (that's not what they call it, but I don't recall the name - but the nicer studio). Both are nice and the "Extra" has an additional sitting area.

As for the lounge at W. 57th- would your key just not work for the door? How were you there- RCI or using other HGVC points? Do you know about Guests staying on owners' points?

In the end, we're happy with our decision to sell HCNY and get W. 57th. It just feels better to us.

For price, last time I checked, it was $27K - $30K for 5250 points. Not sure about the larger contracts.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have owned at both. We originally owned at Hilton Club, didn't really care for that, sold it back to Hilton and bought W. 57th resale.

Yes, HCNY is within the hotel. I can see the point about the vibrancy but, to us, the net result was that the elevators simply took forever at several points during the day. In the end, the vibrancy of the lobby just was not enough to offset this.

The lounge at HCNY had been lousy. They have improved it (we went to check it out recently) but it is still, IMO, inferior to what they have at W. 57th. For one, they frequently have quiche in the morning at W. 57th and, as we don't each much carb, this works well. When last I checked, HCNY didn't have not breakfast items.

I like the feel of the W. 57th better, and prefer the rooms. We've stayed in Studio Plus and Studio "Extra" (that's not what they call it, but I don't recall the name - but the nicer studio). Both are nice and the "Extra" has an additional sitting area.

As for the lounge at W. 57th- would your key just not work for the door? How were you there- RCI or using other HGVC points? Do you know about Guests staying on owners' points?

In the end, we're happy with our decision to sell HCNY and get W. 57th. It just feels better to us.

For price, last time I checked, it was $27K - $30K for 5250 points. Not sure about the larger contracts.

Cheers.

Thanks for your answer.

We were pretty happy with the lounge at HCNY, we actually met a lot of nice people while we were in the lounge.

I do agree that the elevators could take some time to come down to the lobby at HCNY, at most they came down within 5min.

As to the lounge at West57, I used my HGVC points to book the stay. I asked if we could use the lounge and the terasse, but was told that they were for owners only. I didn't even try using my key.

Dont know if guest thats are staying on owners points are allowed to go to the lounge?

I've seen contracts for approx 5k points for 12.000$ but also way higher than that.

Do you know how much the current MF is for West57 for the different size units?

regards.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW is an owner who stays at west 57st through RCI allowed to use the lounge?

Regards.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
BTW is an owner who stays at west 57st through RCI allowed to use the lounge?

Regards.

Only owners at W57 using their W57 points to book a unit there can use the W57 lounge.

At least that is what I was told. I was there once in 2014 using a W57 owner's points, but the contract had been sold in the meantime and I was not allowed to use the lounge, even though the owner was still in HGVC with other contracts. I was also there in May using HGVC points from an owner who owned at W57 but did not use the W57 points to book, and could not use the lounge.

I did get a tour of the lounge and terrace. It was nice. I thought that the hours of the lounge were pretty limited, but I would certainly use it if I owned there!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
As for the lounge at W. 57th- would your key just not work for the door?
Cheers.

Last few times I was at W57th at mealtimes, they had a person at the door with a list checking for owners.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
That sounds ridiculous and total waste of resources.

Does any of you have an updated price point for the w57?

Regards

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Hilton Club Lounge Access is NO LONGER available for NON Hilton Club owners.

As of June 1, but bookings made prior to that date will be honored. Bookings after this date will NOT receive access unless you own there.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton Club Lounge Access is NO LONGER available for NON Hilton Club owners.

As of June 1, but bookings made prior to that date will be honored. Bookings after this date will NOT receive access unless you own there.

Yes I know, I went this june, and got an email from RCI about it.

Even though i think it's a shame, I also think its more than fair. The owners pay for all the food etc and they should also be the only one benefitting from it.

Regards

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I know, I went this june, and got an email from RCI about it.

Even though i think it's a shame, I also think its more than fair. The owners pay for all the food etc and they should also be the only one benefitting from it.

Regards

Sorry ... I, as an exchange guest who has stayed at the NYC resorts, do feel differently about this 'feature'. All the timeshares I own have a pool ... a few are seasonal, some are in year round areas (and are heated), some have indoors and many have hot tubs.. I have activities staff at resorts ... plus Tiki bars ... many resorts with discounted food and Happy Hour specials.

Is the snacks and beverages a cost? Yes. So is a heated or indoor pool at my resorts. Some of my resorts are required to have lifeguards ... the one I am thinking of HAS 3 pools. And the lap pool opens at 7AM and closes a 9PM. The HOA pays the lifeguards... whether or not, if I use the pool(s) but during PRIME season, should that HOA hire additional lifeguards for the outdoor pools or just plain, refuse non-owners in all the pools?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry ... I, as an exchange guest who has stayed at the NYC resorts, do feel differently about this 'feature'. All the timeshares I own have a pool ... a few are seasonal, some are in year round areas (and are heated), some have indoors and many have hot tubs.. I have activities staff at resorts ... plus Tiki bars ... many resorts with discounted food and Happy Hour specials.

Is the snacks and beverages a cost? Yes. So is a heated or indoor pool at my resorts. Some of my resorts are required to have lifeguards ... the one I am thinking of HAS 3 pools. And the lap pool opens at 7AM and closes a 9PM. The HOA pays the lifeguards... whether or not, if I use the pool(s) but during PRIME season, should that HOA hire additional lifeguards for the outdoor pools or just plain, refuse non-owners in all the pools?

Hi

I understand your point, imho the lounge is different. A hotel/resort is expected to have a pool in most locations whereas a lounge is not something which is expected to have at least not for everyone.

What about the owners lounge at the HGVC on the strip? Is that for everyone? According to the HGVC club program is an owners are only. Honestly I don't care if a lounge is for owners or everyone. If somebody takes advantage of the option to go eat and drink excessively they should be banned from the lounge. No need to ban everyone because of one individual.

Regards

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

I understand your point, imho the lounge is different. A hotel/resort is expected to have a pool in most locations whereas a lounge is not something which is expected to have at least not for everyone.

What about the owners lounge at the HGVC on the strip? Is that for everyone? According to the HGVC club program is an owners are only. Honestly I don't care if a lounge is for owners or everyone. If somebody takes advantage of the option to go eat and drink excessively they should be banned from the lounge. No need to ban everyone because of one individual.

Regards

I was told that the lounge on HGVC LV Strip is for elite plus and elite premier only. I guess it worked as executive lounge in Hilton hotel.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last few times I was at W57th at mealtimes, they had a person at the door with a list checking for owners.

We used to see that, but haven't in our last few stays, and never at breakfast. It was only the evening time but, again, not the last few stays,

Sometimes we're there before the meal time starts to hang out, so that would also minimize chances of seeing someone...but I don't recall them on the way out either.

Cheers.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen contracts for approx 5k points for 12.000$ but also way higher than that.

Do you know how much the current MF is for West57 for the different size units?

regards.

The MFs should be posted in the thread at the top. I don't recall them offhand, though.

As to the pricing, it's all about the ROFR. When we bought, even if something had been listed for $12K, it would not have passed. Don't know about now.

Certainly Judi or Seth would have a better idea of current ROFR levels.

Cheers.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

If I became a member of the west 57 do I need a new membership which is more expensive or can I use the same I already have with hgvc?

Also the brokers would perhaps argue for a higher price, hence they get a higher commission if the sales price is higher.

The mf for west 57 is not included in our mf sticky.

Regards

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

If I became a member of the west 57 do I need a new membership which is more expensive or can I use the same I already have with hgvc?

Also the brokers would perhaps argue for a higher price, hence they get a higher commission if the sales price is higher.

The mf for west 57 is not included in our mf sticky.

Regards

The one membership covers all properties you own. I don't recall if this one was a bit more or not, but not substantial. One advantage of owning at W. 57th is that you can also pay a once-yearly fee (I think it was like $129) and that means that all reservations for the entire year have no reservation fee.

I trusted that Judi was roughly telling the truth about what would pass ROFR at the time. But you should offer what you think will work.

If you look on Judi's site (judikoz.com) you can look at some listings and see the MFs. mrs. brp handles all of our timeshare MFs, and I don't have the numbers handy.

Cheers.