• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New to Timesharing Questions

Maureenk1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was at a Wyndham presentation. We bought and rescinded on time. If I purchase a resale here, are there specific rules, such as who pays the closing costs? I am looking to purchase a resale, but have never done so. Any advice is appreciated.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was at a Wyndham presentation. We bought and rescinded on time. If I purchase a resale here, are there specific rules, such as who pays the closing costs? I am looking to purchase a resale, but have never done so. Any advice is appreciated.

Who pays the closing and transfer should be clearly stated. If not, ask.

Ask for an estoppel yo make sure you are getting what you think you are getting, and that MF payments are up to date.

Ebay is a good place to look, too. You can search EBay Seller names on TUG to find comments about them.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding us before you were stuck with a retail wyndham timeshare!

you will be thrilled when you buy that same week for pennies on the dollar from an existing owner =)

remember, its a buyers market...and there are plenty of wyndham properties available...take some time...read up on the wyndham forum...and you will end up with exactly what you wanted (probably more)...for peanuts!

Maureenk1

TUG Member
Reaction score
New to Timeshare

This is really great information. I am fairly new to TUG so learning my way around. I have not seen many Wyndham for sale in the marketplace. should I be looking somewhere else. Honestly, I am not comforatbel with purchasing on eBAy!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Try Timeshare Nation. They might have some.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't feel stuck with my retail purchases, and as mentioned many, including renters on this site are VIP.
It depends on ones goals. Yes I know, bad investment, never get my money back etc. But it has its advantages as well as it's pitfalls. What is fullish are those who buy without a plan, or buy on credit that cripple them. Those are the people I feel for. If you take your time PLAN what you want, people who buy after one presentation are the foolish ones that get themselves in trouble. They may have not even seen other systems to compare. I also bought resale before committing to retail. The field of systems is consolidating. One must decide what you want out of your timeshare experience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Maureenk1

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes. I love the Wyndham product. Although I have not had a chance to use it, I like what they say and show. I ave been to 3 presentations for them. I also love Hilton, but I like the ovation program with Wyndham. Hilton's maintenance fees are more than I want to deal with when I am older and can no longer travel.
Maureenk1

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
note that TUG isnt the only place to locate timeshare resales (the best, but not the only =) )

you should also navigate over to ebay where you will find even more to choose from...again its a buyers market...if the right deal isnt available today...just be patient and it will arrive.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
This is really great information. I am fairly new to TUG so learning my way around. I have not seen many Wyndham for sale in the marketplace. should I be looking somewhere else. Honestly, I am not comforatbel with purchasing on eBAy!

It might be time to learn your way around purchasing timeshares on eBay. Many of us do it and because of the limited number of TSs available here on TUG, it's my go to place for buying timeshares.

You can usually get exactly what you want and have all costs paid by the seller.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
eBay is not much different than a yard sale.

Some totally off the wall sellers (and buyers), terms are based on what the seller either knows or is totally stupid to and the real skill is to have a GOOD or BETTER understanding of the resort or points or system YOU are buying in ... because 80% or more of the time, the seller is the person will NO understanding or so wanting to dump it (emotionally involved), they DON'T CARE. Some sellers appear knowledgeable .... BUT ... you know as a yard sale ... BUYER BEWARE!

And most of that is no different than any seller on a website or your best friend or lastly, the developer. Just cheaper!

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

There are many legitimate sellers on EBay. That's where researching them here comes in.

I just picked up 105K points for $51 from a legit seller who has been very responsive so far.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
doesnt matter where you buy, you should always verify your purchase 100% prior to moving forward.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Sellers who are asking retail price are usually not knowledgeable sellers, and they aren't going to have a good understanding of the market.

Generally, it's going to be hard to get them down to a realistic price, so it might be better to focus most of your efforts on Ads that are more realistic.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Perhaps, the thing you should do is study around TUG, carefully look over the ever changing offerings on eBay. Concentrate on sellers with good reputations and lots of sales behind them. If some interest you, post them in the appropriate forum on TUG for some feedback on resorts/sellers, you will soon become comfortable with the comparatively small risk compared with the HUGE savings compared to a retail purchase.

Jim

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also - if you find something you are interested in on ebay, post it here, and you can get expert opinions from other owners.