• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is April still "spring break" season at Atlantis HRA?

SunsetMaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Hyatt Beach House
Disney Bay Lake
Disney Animal Kingdom
Disney Grand Floridian
Hi TUGers!

We are planning a trip out to harborside for early April around the 10th and I was wondering if that's still treading in spring break territory. I looked up spring break times for colleges and it's mostly in April but some articles on "best time to visit Bahamas" still lists April as spring break time. And even if it is, does Atlantis get really crowded, loud and full of parties?

It's our first time going with our baby boy who'll be 7 months old so we are hoping for more of a family fun atmosphere.

Thanks!

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
April 10 is 2 weeks after Easter so I would think the vast majority of the schools are back in session then. In the DC-area, the public schools are out the week before Easter and the private schools the week after. I think most colleges break in March. At least that is the month that I have to be careful not to rent my Florida condo to spring breakers.

May is a great time to go. Weather is perfect and lots of preschool families and grandmas.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
April 10 is 2 weeks after Easter so I would think the vast majority of the schools are back in session then. In the DC-area, the public schools are out the week before Easter and the private schools the week after. I think most colleges break in March. At least that is the month that I have to be careful not to rent my Florida condo to spring breakers.

May is a great time to go. Weather is perfect and lots of preschool families and grandmas.

Agree with this post. I think April 2016 will be past spring break.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Our spring break on Long Island begins on April 23rd. We go with Passover rather than Easter.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Our spring break on Long Island begins on April 23rd. We go with Passover rather than Easter.

That's late for Passover. The dates are usually closer to each other, aren't they?I never know how to calculate either holiday. I always look it up on the Internet.

Palmtreelady1

TUG Member
Reaction score
NYS has testing 3-8 in April. Our break is also the last week of April. I think they did that to not interfere with testing.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I would NEVER go to HRA during spring break. Did it once - it was AWFUL! Too many drunks carrying on, and we had to change pools 3 times because of the girls puking in them.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would NEVER go to HRA during spring break. Did it once - it was AWFUL! Too many drunks carrying on, and we had to change pools 3 times because of the girls puking in them.

Did they get in trouble for pucking?

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
That's late for Passover. The dates are usually closer to each other, aren't they?I never know how to calculate either holiday. I always look it up on the Internet.

Some years they are in the same week and some years several weeks apart.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Did they get in trouble for pucking?

No. The lifeguard chases everyone out of the pool, and the drunk people just walk away and spoil the fun at another pool. The one girl at the Royal pool had to be carried away because she couldn't walk.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. The lifeguard chases everyone out of the pool, and the drunk people just walk away and spoil the fun at another pool. The one girl at the Royal pool had to be carried away because she couldn't walk.

Wow, I guess they really cater to all guests even if that mean inconveniencing most of them.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Wow, I guess they really cater to all guests even if that mean inconveniencing most of them.

I get that impression everywhere I go. They have signs posted to let you know the "rules", but there is no consequence for breaking those rules. One of my pet peeves is when people have glass at the pool or on the beach. That's a real no-no in my book.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag

To college guys that's not a bug, it's a feature!