• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

http://www.timesharesbyowner.com/ legit? good?

IPM

Reaction score
I am going through the process of avoiding the scams and looking for the best way to rent my timeshare for two weeks in January, and then put it on the market.
The company "timeshare by owner" has contacted me.

Thoughts?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There is a simple rule of thumb with TS business offers:

NEVER, EVER pay an up front fee, no matter what they call it.
Once they have your money, why should they bother to try to rent your timeshare?

The most cost effective way to rent your timeshare is to do it yourself - there are many places on the internet where you can list it. (Like the TUG Marketplace.)

Here is an article to get you started - http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43

See the TUG Advice page for more - http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/tug_timeshare_advice.shtml

Reaction score
Major Rip-Off!

This company has ripped my elderly (over 80) parents off :mad: to the tune of $800. They made my mother believe that timeshares were in high demand (they are NOT) and that they could rent their timeshare out in 4-6 weeks for $1500/week (they did NOT). The "ad" they put on-line is also terrible and very amateurish.

They prey on senior citizens. Never EVER pay money in advance and NEVER give your credit card # over the phone :ignore: !

These are the two biggest pieces of advice I give my parents and all senior citizens!!!

LavenderLady

Reaction score
Thank You!!

I was also contacted by TSBO. They were so convincing. I almost paid and signed. I will do further research before proceeding, including reading the info provided on this helpful website.:rolleyes:

Flydad90

Reaction score
I, too, was naive and gullible and got taken. I wish I had known about TUG before now. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! :bawl:

rlalli

Reaction score
Scammed again! Can I get out of an agreement with TSBO

I have had so many bad deals that I don't know who to trust anymore.

First off - we bought a timeshare at Cabo San Lucas - loved it. Went three times and then got talked into buying Grand Luxxe in Peurto Vallarta. They said they would buy the other timeshare from us and gave us the money we had initially invested (plus more) to pay towards the Grand Luxxe property. So we thought we had off-loaded it, got a good deal and now we only owned Grand Luxxe (for which we pay maintenance when we use it and not every year). Plus rentals are in high demand here - or so we were told!

Came home, completed and submitted all the transfer paperwork for Grand Solmar. A short while later we got a call to say we could keep the timeshare and could just continue to own it as before. Being gullible we kept it. So now we have to pay maintenance fees annually again!

So now we own 3 weeks in Nuevo Vallarta and 1 week in Cabo each year. Not great but we were convinced by the sales rep that we would have no problem renting out the extra weeks.

We were approached by timesharesbyowner and they convinced us they would be able to rent our timeshares without any problem. after many calls and very convincing exchanges we got duped and paid $3999 for them to advertise!
Since Nov 2013 we have had no inquiries on the ad. Is there any way to get out of this and recoup any of our money?