• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Great TS Purchase Experience with Sumday Vacations!

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a well deserved recommendation regarding a Wyndham timeshare purchase through Sumday Vacations!

I purchased end on November with Sumday directly from their website. I know they sell on ebay but I was having no luck with any ebay auctions that I bid on - so I opted to pay a little more (or maybe not the way ebay auctions sometimes go... )and buy with them direct. Their price included closing costs and the Wyndham transfer fee. I did ask for them to provide me an estoppel letter from the resort to verify things before I purchased the deeded points contract. I spoke with a man named Steve. He sent me the Estoppel letter within minutes of my request! Wow!

Steve passed me along to a very nice woman named Rebecca who update me regarding the closing process. She is absolutely wonderful! Super Great communication after purchase and everything. Every e-mail that I sent to inquire about my purchase was always answered right away. Rebecca is a very pleasant person to work with.

Within 1 week the property was electronically filed and deeded to me. By the end of December, my newly acquired points were in my account for me to use with Wyndham. They did everything right. I am so glad that I found a great company to deal with. The process was too easy!

I am very glad for Tug BBS and did my homework before purchase and everything worked perfectly!

I am very, very happy!

Cynthia T. :)

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad everything went well for you and that you're so pleased with the transaction. Happy vacations! :D

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are hands down the best mass seller out there. That said tamper your expectations on any future transactions. Fast deals like electronic transfer are not possible with some counties. Some transfers like a Marriott with ROFR and without an electronic county is at the bare minimum 60 days with 75-90 more realistic. No closing company can speed up steps that are outside of their control.

Last edited:

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Seaside Resort
Holiday Inn Holiday Hills
I also had an awesome experience with Steve from Sumday! Highly recommend them

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve and Dennis at Sumday are great!

Yes, I've had great experiences with them as well.

I've dealt with both Steve and Dennis. Both very helpful and great guys to do business with. I've both 2 timeshares from them. One took 3-4 weeks since it was a RTU property with no deed recording involved. The other took a few months but because PA does not have electronic filing and it takes them months to record the deed via snail mail so it was out of Sumday's control. They filed all the necessary paperwork promptly.

Just bought my 3rd one from them with the Superbowl Sunday sale. Crossing my fingers that it passes RFOR.

Don't hesitate to buy from them!

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a week at Starr Pass Golf Suites on ebay through Sumday last August and they were terrific.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I very recently bought two timeshares from their site. Great communication!

Both were in VA Beach, which has electronic recording. I had the recorded deeds in my hand in just over a week on each one. Wow!

I have bought other timeshares previously from them and it has always been a great experience. :cheer:

lshpak

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a well deserved recommendation regarding a Wyndham timeshare purchase through Sumday Vacations!

I purchased end on November with Sumday directly from their website. I know they sell on ebay but I was having no luck with any ebay auctions that I bid on - so I opted to pay a little more (or maybe not the way ebay auctions sometimes go... )and buy with them direct. Their price included closing costs and the Wyndham transfer fee. I did ask for them to provide me an estoppel letter from the resort to verify things before I purchased the deeded points contract. I spoke with a man named Steve. He sent me the Estoppel letter within minutes of my request! Wow!

Steve passed me along to a very nice woman named Rebecca who update me regarding the closing process. She is absolutely wonderful! Super Great communication after purchase and everything. Every e-mail that I sent to inquire about my purchase was always answered right away. Rebecca is a very pleasant person to work with.

Within 1 week the property was electronically filed and deeded to me. By the end of December, my newly acquired points were in my account for me to use with Wyndham. They did everything right. I am so glad that I found a great company to deal with. The process was too easy!

I am very glad for Tug BBS and did my homework before purchase and everything worked perfectly!

I am very, very happy!

Cynthia T. :)

I am glad to hear it worked out for you. However, I have a different story. On their website they have one unit that I am interested in. I spoke to Travis and we negotiated the price. I asked for estoppel letter and he told me the resort does not provide one(I called resort and they told me that they do for a fee:). Also I asked for a copy of the deed. Travis emailed me the deed right away but it was an empty form :). The timeshare that they advertise come with this year free use, but they are unwilling to make reservation on my name even after I pay all the fees. BWT, this resort does not charge guest certificate fee. On top of this they did not proved me with any contract. Travis told me that that ever listed on their website is the contract. :wall: I read a lot of positive reviews on this forum, so if somebody explain to me why this is not working for me. Thank you

lshpak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update:
I have been in contact with Jeff Brown and Steve McLoud. Steve answered all my questions about estoppel letter and forward me the deed. I am happy to report that I am in the contract now, so hopefully everything will go smooth. Steve also offered to call the owners and make reservation for me for this year :). They really do strive to be the best at what they do. Keep up the good work.
Laura.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update:
I have been in contact with Jeff Brown and Steve McLoud. Steve answered all my questions about estoppel letter and forward me the deed. I am happy to report that I am in the contract now, so hopefully everything will go smooth. Steve also offered to call the owners and make reservation for me for this year :). They really do strive to be the best at what they do. Keep up the good work.
Laura.

And now you know why they are highly reviewed. They follow the postings here and are responsive, and when there are issues, they work to make it right. They have earned my repeat business and the repeat business of a lot of larger buyers because they are trustworthy and customer-focused.

And now I will stop talking so everyone else doesn't run out and buy all their inventory leaving me with nothing to get.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are hands down the best mass seller out there. That said tamper your expectations on any future transactions. Fast deals like electronic transfer are not possible with some counties. Some transfers like a Marriott with ROFR and without an electronic county is at the bare minimum 60 days with 75-90 more realistic. No closing company can speed up steps that are outside of their control.

This is very true. I have a purchase with them at National Harbor from last year and the deed only just came back from the courthouse this week. Good ole' Prince George's County for ya. A snow day here or these sets everything back 3 weeks. Still another 6-8 weeks before the points transfer unless they can work some magic with Wyndham Title. That's a long time to wait for a purchase on December 4. But because it's Sumday, I know it will go through so at least I don't have to sweat things like "do I need to cancel the credit card transaction?" etc. Still... I have really NEEDED these points so it sucks it has taken so long, even though I know it's out of their hands.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is very true. I have a purchase with them at National Harbor from last year and the deed only just came back from the courthouse this week. Good ole' Prince George's County for ya. A snow day here or these sets everything back 3 weeks. Still another 6-8 weeks before the points transfer unless they can work some magic with Wyndham Title. That's a long time to wait for a purchase on December 4. But because it's Sumday, I know it will go through so at least I don't have to sweat things like "do I need to cancel the credit card transaction?" etc. Still... I have really NEEDED these points so it sucks it has taken so long, even though I know it's out of their hands.

I bought one from Sumday last July and the deed was recorded promptly. The resort ownership management was transferred to Diamond while my deed was being recorded and apparently Diamond had a massive backlog. Diamond took almost 5 months from the time I spoke to the clerk who said she had it on her desk to the actual transfer taking place. 5 months sitting at one final step!

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought one from Sumday last July and the deed was recorded promptly. The resort ownership management was transferred to Diamond while my deed was being recorded and apparently Diamond had a massive backlog. Diamond took almost 5 months from the time I spoke to the clerk who said she had it on her desk to the actual transfer taking place. 5 months sitting at one final step!

Ouch... that would be REALLY frustrating. It bugs me enough for it to take 6-8 weeks given how little Wyndham really has to do and the fact they rake $299 for each transfer.

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
Good experience with Sumday

I recently had a good experience with Sumday. I bought a Wyndham Bali Hai EOY from their website in mid-April. The deed was recorded in early June (not sure how this compares since I haven't bought anything else in Hawaii). Wyndham took their time and had the transfer through their system in 7 weeks and I had the account by the end of July giving me plenty of time to do something with the 2014 points).

The Sumday listing said MF were paid through the end of 2014, however, Wyndham started billing me immediately after transfer. When I contacted Sumday, I recieved a credit card refund for that amount within 48 hours.

I would highly recommend buying from Sumday as a reputable seller.

snickers104

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview RCI Points, Wyndham CWA
I just bought a second Wyndham contract from Sumday....hope all goes like the first one.

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of closing one as well with Sumday Vacations. Everything moving along so far!

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
Another great experience

I purchased a second Wyndham deed from Sumday, this time via an Ebay auction. Auction closed around beginning of Sept. Deed was recorded on 9/23/14, and Wyndham moved a little faster this time adding the account on 11/4/14. All around great transaction.
Thanks,
Joel Geerlings

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
I too have all good things to say about Sumday Vacations. Our first Wyndham purchase came with 2014 points but when it appeared in our account the housekeeping credits and the transaction credit did not show up. I called Wyndham and they said they couldn't do anything, so Rebecca from Sumday, myself and Wyndham had a conference call. Rebecca was extremely professional and courteous, she was able to answer all the questions about the previous owner, therefore resulting in full HK credits and reservation credits. I would also like to add that Josh Brown of Greatway services (closing company that works with Sumday also did a great job ! I would not hesitate to use either of these companies again