• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Washington, D.C. book for June 1, 2016 and later

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Elites can book one week earlier than normal club members.
Copy/past from my email:

Be among the first to experience the historic wonders and modern marvels of our nation’s capital from the comfort of our new urban property, The District by Hilton Club in Washington, D.C.

Here you’ll find the perfect combination of luxury and convenience, with top-tier accommodations surrounded by the bustling Georgetown and DuPont Circle neighborhoods; just minutes from the area’s quaint cobblestone streets, historic homes, and trendy shopping, dining and nightlife scenes.

As a Club Member with Elite status, you have the ability to make your reservations here before many other Club Members. Book your stay today for preferred check-in dates starting as early as June 1, 2016.

Retreat to our spacious 1- or 2-bedroom suites with nicely equipped kitchenettes and generously sized living and dining areas. You’ll also enjoy cosmopolitan amenities later this summer, including a heated indoor pool and spa, and 24-hour fitness center.

Take a deep dive into our nation’s rich history at the dozens of museums and national galleries throughout D.C. Catch a play in Foggy Bottom’s art district. Grab a casual or white-tablecloth dinner followed by a visit to one of the city’s world-renowned jazz and blues venues. Canoe the Potomac, stroll along the National Mall, or tour the U.S. Capitol building.

Whether you’re looking to disconnect or plug in to all Washington, D.C. has to offer, The District by Hilton Club is your starting point for it all.

Contact a Club Counselor today to book your travel dates by calling toll-free from the U.S. and Canada at 877-448-2354 or worldwide at 407-722-3186. Our team is ready to assist you Monday-Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. EST and Friday-Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST.

Secure your dates today! The Club Reservations Window will open to all Hilton Grand Vacations Club Members starting May 16, 2016.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We are not elite but received a similar message a week ago that W. 57th owners can book DC as of May 1 for June or later.

I called and they said W. 57 Owners have 10 days in advance to book before they open it up to club. Counselor said W. 57 owners can book 9 months out and the points values are "not bad like Grand Waikikian" e.g. DC is 930/1860 per night platinum season and 720/1440 per night for a 1 Bdrm.

YMMV. It is nice to see some perks for the premium we paid for W. 57 relative to the rest of the system.

I agree that the term "Hilton Club" is very confusing.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I wonder if these urban "Club" locations (not counting the original RTU Hilton Club) will have a different set of rules for Club owners at various locations?

Kind of like a brand within a brand.

Dojan123

TUG Member
Reaction score
When will they open to the rest of us? I just booked hotel rooms for June in DC. Would loved to use my HGV points instead of my Hilton Honors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
The location is excellent. Easy walk to Georgetown and other attractions.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
When will they open to the rest of us? I just booked hotel rooms for June in DC. Would loved to use my HGV points instead of my Hilton Honors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to the last line in the email, you can book beginning May 16th.

MikeinSoCal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today is May 16th, but I can't see it yet. Will check again tomorrow.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
You will have to call in to book, no way it's going to show up for online booking IMO.

Sent from my STUDIO ENERGY using Tapatalk

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called in on Monday, May 16 and made a reservation. It requires more points then I'm use to but I didn't mind this time. I already had hotel reservations, but now we have a suite instead of a room, a better location, and nicer accommodations.

The other big plus is since its part of Embassy Suites we still get the free cook-to-order breakfast.

And Presley thank you so much for this information. This is the only place I have heard about the new DC timeshare.

Last edited:

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score

If you don't want to pay the phone reservation fee, make a reservation on line at any resort then have that reservation changed to the District by Hilton Club. Just make sure the reservation you make is months from one so that you don't incur any penalties (changes less than 30 or 31 days from checkin)

thewildings

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for Washington D.C. Information

Is there a list of all of these type hidden properties anywhere or is this the first one?

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Is there a list of all of these type hidden properties anywhere or is this the first one?

HGVC is doing a HORRIBLE job listing new properties on their website. They listed their Tuscany property early, as well as, Grand Islander. Now, it appears everyone at HGVC is on vacation.

Hidden resorts are listed on page 13 and 14 of the club rules document listing resorts that qualify for elite if purchased through hgvc:

http://www.hgvclubprogram.com/content/1Rules-ENG-Rev050416.pdf

Hidden Properties:

Washington DC: The District by HC
Hilton Head Island, SC: Ocean Oak by HGVC
Orlando, FL: Las Palmeras by HGVC
New York, NY: The Residences by HC

Hilton hotel website, not HGVC, is already taking online reservations at The District and Las Palmeras.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
I called HGVC and made a reservation for the District.

Correct, we can also call and make reservations at Las Palmeras. However, is it that difficult to load these destinations in Revolution and the new system?

Hilton hotel website figured out how to load available rooms for the The District and Las Palmeras.

I just thought that the HGVC websites would have the same views and abilities to book reservations. I'm not sure why members still have to call into customer service to make reservations at these destinations that are already up and running.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if DC will be as hard to reserve as the NY properties?

Wexflyer

Reaction score
It is now late August. Am I correct in thinking that this Washington property and the other "hidden" properties are still hidden?

Reaction score
Does anyone here know how we can book the D.C. club? Why is this not showing up in the resorts list?

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know how we can book the D.C. club? Why is this not showing up in the resorts list?
What did hgvc say to you when you called and asked them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What did hgvc say to you when you called and asked them?

Why should I have to waste my time calling them when they have a functioning website?

It's not hard to update their site with availability (since the regular Hilton.com site is up to date with this information). I'm annoyed by the fact that HGVC seems to care more about selling to the public than catering to their members. (the same goes for other HGVC properties - I.e. available if you pay cash via Hilton.com, but not available for HGVC members using points). :mad:

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why should I have to waste my time calling them when they have a functioning website?

It's not hard to update their site with availability (since the regular Hilton.com site is up to date with this information). I'm annoyed by the fact that HGVC seems to care more about selling to the public than catering to their members. (the same goes for other HGVC properties - I.e. available if you pay cash via Hilton.com, but not available for HGVC members using points). :mad:
Ok, so then I guess you won't be staying there. That is showing them who the boss is.

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I booked it on Hilton dot com.

They had a intro rate that was fantastic for DC and I used my Citi Prestige which gives me a statement credit for the fourth night.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

(Snip) :mad:

Because they don't. They have a shitty website. That's why our club fee is so low, LOL. They can't afford to maintain it.:hysterical:

Reaction score
Because they don't. They have a shitty website. That's why our club fee is so low, LOL. They can't afford to maintain it.:hysterical:

I beg to differ. With increasing maintenance fees (and every other fee increase), plus the cost of full retail sales, they have more than enough $ to provide what I deem to be a basic level of service to their members.

It's almost as if they go out of their way to ensure that their members receive a less than desirable level of service.

:shrug: