• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When to book home resort

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi tuggers

So I know that my home resort can be booked 12 months out, and it would be sat-sat.

What I need to know is at what time specifically can I book it? i.e. 8.00cet and is it the same all over the world?

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
00:00 AM Eastern Time in the USA. Denmark is six hours ahead of that, so for you would be 06:00 AM Copenhagen Time.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It's rarely necessary to make a home-reservation exactly at the start of the 12-month window for your intended stay, as you are not competing with the unwashed masses who make club reservations at the 9-month mark. So, if your alarm clock fails to go off, do not panic.

BTW, I was in Copenhagen recently. Lovely city, even if the mermaid thing is a bit overdone.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's rarely necessary to make a home-reservation exactly at the start of the 12-month window for your intended stay, as you are not competing with the unwashed masses who make club reservations at the 9-month mark. So, if your alarm clock fails to go off, do not panic.

BTW, I was in Copenhagen recently. Lovely city, even if the mermaid thing is a bit overdone.

Disagree. While it may not be "necessary", I would say it's foolish to not book it at midnight EST on the first possible date. If you know what you want why not? Why risk not getting it? There's no fee to book and you can cancel for the next 11 months and get all your points back.

Maybe not "necessary", but you'll feel stupid if you wait and then it's gone. :wall::mad::doh:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually a few weeks back I try to book my home resort, and I was 1 day late compared to when the dates was released into inventory and everything was gone.

So now I know that its midnight EST or 06.00CET.

Actually I have only visited the mermaid once during my life, perhaps when you live close to an attraction you wont go - because it will always be there and you will also be close to it.

Yeah copenhagen is also nice, at least to visit - I lived there when is was younger, but then life happend and I got kids. Kids in my book should not grow up in the "big city", they should grow up in the smaller suburbs.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Actually a few weeks back I try to book my home resort, and I was 1 day late compared to when the dates was released into inventory and everything was gone.

Wow, one day after the home week reservation window became available (on the 364th day before check-in).
Which resort and week #? What is going on that week? I'm assuming some type of major event.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, one day after the home week reservation window became available (on the 364th day before check-in).
Which resort and week #? What is going on that week? I'm assuming some type of major event.

It was for the Hilton vilamoura in Portugal. Can't remember the exact number of rooms but they are quite limited.

No major events just the limited rooms available. It was for,the first week of August.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Good to know. Thanks for sharing :)

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was for the Hilton vilamoura in Portugal. Can't remember the exact number of rooms but they are quite limited.

No major events just the limited rooms available. It was for,the first week of August.

are these timeshares that were added to a hotel property?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I tried to see if new inventory had been released this morning at 06:00CET.

I guess I expected to be able to book 26th of august 2017, which is a saturday, but no inventory was available. I then checked 1 hour later and again another hour later. But the result is still the same.

I assume that TODAY which is the 26th of august should be the day to book, since it is 12 months out, even though the actual checkin day is'nt until tomorrow. Tomorrow is 364 days until checkin.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you a platinum week owner with enough 2017 points to book your Home Week? If so and you're not seeing availability this far out, I would call and check with a Club Counselor. They should charge you online reservation rates if they can see availability, but you can't.

From Europe +44-845-608-6385
Office hours: Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. GMT Standard Time (11 a.m. to 8 p.m. CET)
Saturday & Sunday: Closed

The following disclaimer was also posted for your resort:

Availability may be limited during certain times. To check availability and confirm reservations, contact a Club Counselor.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you a platinum week owner with enough 2017 points to book your Home Week? If so and you're not seeing availability this far out, I would call and check with a Club Counselor. They should charge you online reservation rates if they can see availability, but you can't.

From Europe +44-845-608-6385
Office hours: Monday - Friday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. GMT Standard Time (11 a.m. to 8 p.m. CET)
Saturday & Sunday: Closed

The following disclaimer was also posted for your resort:

Availability may be limited during certain times. To check availability and confirm reservations, contact a Club Counselor.

I actually spend/waited all day to have this resolved.

I can actually book an available week at my home resort in july 2017, but in august there arent any availability(at least not visible to me), not even for the week which has been released today.

I called the UK office, they were clueless/useless they promissed to call me back within 1½hours. After 2½ hours I called back and they still could'nt figure it out. They could however see availability for the 26th of august.

They ended up asking me to call Orlando, which I did, and they reservered the week for me. Odd thing to me was that I could see and book other available home resort weeks but not the one becoming available today.

The CSR could'nt explain it either.