• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Possibly Buying

horsegoer

Reaction score
Posted This under buying /selling but think it might get better responses here. Sorry.

Hello all.

So me and my wife have a Hilton Visa card. Called up to use our points to book a hotel room. Afterward they asked me if I was interested in hearing about HGVC and I agreed. They offered us 4 nights 3 days at either Myrtle Beach, Disney(Orlando) or Las Vegas for $99 as long as we agree to do a 2 hour tour of the property and HGVC. I took them up in it as the $99 seems fair for 4 nights and 3 days. We have 2 months to book and have to take the trip within 1-1/2 which is fine.

So, does the HGVC have a good "reputation"? Is it one of the better one? Anything we should look out for before buying into? Any advice would be great.

We usually take 2-3 one week vacations per year.

Thanks

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If this is supposed to be "wife," you can click EDIT at the bottom of your post, correct it, and click save.
So me and my wore

Many people like HGVC, but why would you even consider buying from the developer? You can buy on the resale market for pennies on the dollar.

I would not take this offer, if you think you or your wife will have a problem saying no in the sales presentation.

Last edited:

horsegoer

Reaction score
If this is supposed to be "wife," you can click EDIT at the bottom of your post, correct it, and click save.

Many people like HGVC, but why would you even consider buying from the developer? You can buy on the resale market for pennies on the dollar.

I would not take this offer, if you think you or your wife will have a problem saying no in the sales presentation.

Oh wow. Thanks so much! So how do I find out more info on HGVC and what they offer so I'm informed about what I'm buying on the resale market? Thanks again.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
HA Ha! Gotta love auto spell! Denise, you might edit #2 in case Mrs. Horsegoer checks. :)

OP, you can buy (or rent) timeshares for pennies on the dollar. The commissions the salesweasels get has to be obscene, so they lie like so many rugs to get people to buy.

Stick around TUG. Learn. Rent a few times in different systems. If, after doing that , TS is something that floats your boat, buy RESALE. Save thousands.

Jim

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Oh wow. Thanks so much! So how do I find out more info on HGVC and what they offer so I'm informed about what I'm buying on the resale market? Thanks again.

Don't cancel your $99 preview vacation! Just go to the sales presentation and say "no" -- it's not that hard. You can actually learn quite a bit about HGVC from the sales presentation, but take everything with a huge grain of salt (they are salesmen, after all!). Enjoy your cheap vacation and vow not to sign anything!

Also, hang around in this forum and do lots of reading and feel free to ask questions, as there are lots of people here that will help you to decide what, if anything, would be best for you. Take your time and don't rush into anything. Good luck!

Kurt

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
We did one of those development presentations a little less than a year ago, and between the time that we purchased the package and went on the trip, I found TUG (just like you did).

HGVC is a great system, and if you decide that it fits with what you're looking for, you should pour over the information on this site to learn everything you can.

And when you go to the developer presentation, you should politely say "no" for two hours, and then, if you want to buy, look at what's available resale.

Here's a thread I started asking for tips to survive the presentation:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229294

Maybe some of the replies there will be helpful to you.

Good luck, and welcome!

mscheribel59

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Tuscany Village, HGV Parc Soleil, HGV Elara
I'm with Pigsdad....don't cancel their $99.00 offer. I've done at least 3 tours/4 day 3 night specials. It's how I originally found out about Hilton Grand Vacation Club. I've always thought the presentations were informative, and learned a lot from them. It also allowed me to see the different locations, reasonably. I toured 2 Vegas properties, and 2 Orlando properties.
I never had a problem saying no, and don't recall any of the presentations being overly pushy. Maybe because I have been a long time Hilton honors member.....but probably not.
Anyway, Then I found TUG.....And the resources I got gave me the additional info I needed to make a smart purchase. I purchased thru E-bay, bought it from seans0302 , a 7,000 point Platinum at Orlando's Tuscany. Very happy with the purchase. Paid $4077.00, Seller paid all closing costs and transfer fees. I had to pay the $535 to Hilton. Title Company he uses completed the recording of the deed in about 3 months from the purchase date. It had passed ROFR on August 4th. :clap::clap:

Last edited: