• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Got a 3 bd Valdoro for Feb! What to do besides snowboarding?

Kmakani

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aloha!

This will be our first time at Valdoro! We just bought there in June resale 6200 platinum summer every year for $6950 total on ebay. It was a very long and painful process, but I think it was worth it in the end. What do you think?

We heard on here it was hard to find a winter spot but lucked out for a 3 bd for 6 nights in Feb! What other activities are there to do beside snowboarding? Worth driving anywhere else? Since we live in Hawaii, we can't wait to see snow when we can and want to make the most of our trip. We have an 11 and 13 year old too :) Thanks for your suggestions! Mahalo!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
There are sleigh rides in and around Breck. I have heard good things. Old fashioned and fun.

Kmakani

TUG Member
Reaction score
i heard there is also snowmobiling, but not sure if the kids can do it too

DaveC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last time I was there, I went snowmobiling (Good Times) and they had dogsledding too. 14 and under ride as passengers only with snowmobiles. Min age for dogsledding is 3 years according to web site - the kids might like that. There is an ice skating rink and a place for sledding. Sometimes, it can get very cold there. I think I remember a small game room at the Valdoro but I don't think they had much planned activities. There is a heated pool a short walk away that you have access to. Eric's has a bunch of video games and has good bbq chicken pizza. I think there is an outlet mall not far - maybe Silverthorne?
http://www.breckenridge.com/activities/just-for-kids.aspx

Kmakani

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. As recreation director for this family, I need to figure out the days outside of snowboarding, places to eat, so on :) Any advise would be great since we are new to this area. If you have any questions on Hawaii, I'd be more than happy to share...

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you ever been out west to ski? I live in ohio and here I feel skiers are in the minority. Out west I think snowboarders are in the minority. I only mention that because you might want to try skiing to mix things up one day.

In terms of things to do. I always stay at the marriott which is at the end of Main Street and from there you can walk two blocks to the towns sledding hill. i do not think the hilton is too far from the marriott so maybe the sledding hill is five blocks away or so. there are lots of shops so you can easily kill a few nights/days just walking around town. i love exploring the town at night and people watching. big warning. it gets super cold at night in breckenridge.

i highly suggest skiing vail or beaver creek one day. keystone is one of my favorites, too.

there is a winter sports park with a lot of cool tubbing hills in Frisco. I've never done the tubbing park but i pass it every year i am driving into breckenridge.

if you do not mind the drive, i did a day trip to glenwood springs last year. I actually stayed the night in glenwood springs just to swim in the town's giant hot springs. i loved the hot springs. it was two huge pools, one was the biggest pool i have ever seen, i'm guessing it was four times as big as an olympic pool but i could be off on that. the water was heated to 90 degrees and it was so comfortable, could have stayed in there for days and never been cold. this was in february and at night and i was still so comfortable. the minerals in the water felt really good, so easy to float in that water. the other pool is about 115 degrees and smaller but the water felt amazing. pretty cool day trip.

depending on how much skiing you plan to do, six days will fly by. i always look forward to one or two days off from skiing on my ski vacations, just to explore or appreciate whatever resort/town i am at. Breckenridge is perfect for exploring but don't expect any big attractions other than skiing. lots of souvenir shops, restaurants, bars, novelty shops, boutiques, etc...

i'll be there this coming Presidents' Day week. funny how busy the town is that weekend. the town has the coolest vibe/energy for a three day period, then the town empties out by the end of Presidents' Day and the rest of the week the town is pretty dead. if you are there mid week, you will notice a huge difference in the town between the weekend and mid week.

have fun. honestly, i think a lot of what you can/will do is dependent on how many days you plan to ski. i typically stay five to six days, but usually five. when staying five or six days, skiing three times is my limit. pretty exhausting skiing by 8:30 each morning, staying out till lift close (usually 3:30 - 4PM) and then getting back to the room, eating dinner and then either swimming or going out each night. lots of fun, just tiring more than you might realize.

Last edited: