• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sumday, Greatway, Docracy

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Another thumbs up for Sumday Vacations.

This is the only eBay seller that has disclosed and had me acknowledge that they and their closing company, Greatway, are one in the same.

They also now use a site called Docracy for signing all the forms needed. Very nice and convenient. You can use your actual signature with your mouse or just type in your name.

Now for the details. My friend saw a unit on eBay he wanted and asked me about it. I saw that it was a Sumday auction and I found it on their website. They had two of the same kind so after he made his deal I also wrote and got the same price, a couple hundred less than what they had it listed for.

Mon Aug 11, after hours the price was changed for me and I bought it on line.

Tue Aug 12, got confirmation that my order was received.

Wed Aug 13, they requested info for the purchase agreement. I sent it in.

I caused a slight delay here because when I submitted the above form I used the same email addy for my wife and me and with the new Docracy system each person on the deed needs a separate email addy.

Tue Aug 19, got the emails from Docracy to sign all the paper work.

Mon Aug 24 deed was recorded with the county.

Tue Aug 25 deed was sent to resort

Wed Sep 3 got email stating everything was done.

I knew it was done by the 26th through a contact at the resort but officially Sep 3 was my notification.

Three weeks start to finish.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great to do business with

Have one going now and they answer emails usually within 24 hours and seem to be on top of things.

Gaozhen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Divi Little Bay
Would buy from them again

Same here - great experience. Everything from eBay purchase to deed recorded took just over 5 weeks, with great communication between.

When we got the deed, however, we noticed that they'd misspelled husband's name (correct on all other documents, one letter wrong on deed) but they admitted the error and are recording a correction deed at no charge, which should be done shortly.

Now if only RCI didn't take forever...

big123

Reaction score
one in the same?

the companies are not the same actually... I bought a property through Sumday, and was told that they simply do a lot of work with GreatWay, but they are not the same. The form you sign in the beginning, the business disclosure, just lets you know they can give your information between the two places, and may get money out of sharing the business.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the companies are not the same actually... I bought a property through Sumday, and was told that they simply do a lot of work with GreatWay, but they are not the same. The form you sign in the beginning, the business disclosure, just lets you know they can give your information between the two places, and may get money out of sharing the business.

The Affiliated Business Disclosure I signed says in part

please be advised that Sumday and GreatWay share a parent company

To me that means they are one in the same.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I am still waiting for my deed, I have sent all the papers signed everything, no deed yet? Been almost 2 months

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am still waiting for my deed, I have sent all the papers signed everything, no deed yet? Been almost 2 months

I just got my BG ownership after 2 months. Not Sumday, but some resorts and systems take longer than others and a delay by the previous owner in getting papers signed and sent can cause it to take longer than usual.

Gaozhen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Divi Little Bay
Got my deed in about 6 weeks; it had an error (misspelled husband's name) and they got it fixed & re-recorded after only 2 more weeks. Great service!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ignore this

Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score

The Affiliated Business Disclosure I signed says in part

To me that means they are one in the same.
Sumday and Greatway are highly intertwined, even if they are officially different businesses. Jeff Brown is the owner of Sumday. Josh Brown, Jeff's son, processed my Sumday purchase at Greatway (I do not know if he is the main owner or just an employee).

I had the same type of experience as Gaozhen, with my error being the contract number on the deed, but it was quickly fixed by Josh. I highly recommend this combo.