• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Back in Maui

shade

TUG Member
Reaction score
After seven great days in Kauai at a wonderful property, Koloa Landing in Poipu, back to WKORV. This was the first time I made the reservation a little late:1230 am EST. 12 months ahead. Thought it would hurt room location. Got 2617 which is great. Wonderful view above the palms. Switching tomorrow to one bedroom.
This is our tenth time to WKORV so we have our regular places. Always go to Mulligans for a Willie K dinner show. Food was wonderful and Willie K is an amazing artist. He is heading to Colorado and California for concerts. Catch him if you can. Took Hula Girl dinner cruise. Very pleasant cruise to Kapalua Bay and stop for dinner. You can eat what you want or eat nothing. Highly recommend.Stopped at Java Jazz for dinner last night. Farzad, the owner, has become a friend over the years. He is very unique. He and I share that we spent time in Iran in the good old days. For me it has been 40 years since I went to Isfahan. The entertainment was amazing: The Jazz Kings. WKORV is jammed this time of the year. Kids fill the pool. The beach shows erosion. It is steeper and less broad. Employee said sand will return in winter. People are still enjoying it. Rooms have been refurbished since my last visit in Jan.15. Reluctantly went to Owners Update yesterday. Lasted one hour. Took the $100 credit for the first time instead of 6000 points. Went to Dukes for breakfast. Seemed a little less tasty this time around. The wine social was great fun. Three portions of good wine and a delicious beef on risotto appetizer. Best part was sitting with retired Canadian Air Force general and his wife and sharing travel stories and love of military history. They love America and Americans. How good is that? On Friday we are going to the Fire Up The Fun interactive culinary demonstration at Pulehu. Get to sample two chef's dishes and special cocktail to complement dishes. We all feel after all these years that this is like returning home.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Dang. You make me jealous! ;) Glad you enjoyed Kauai. Now I'm hungry for poke.

Have Fun!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Mahalo for the live music tips, and update.
The beach does go thru changes.
Instead of Sept as usual - we are going in Nov to celebrate our 10th - married during our 1st WKORV stay (sunset on Kapalua Beach, pre-Regis).
WKORV OFD is our favorite villa and resort
Aloha

Last edited:

shade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Watched Evan Shulman at Hard Rock Cafe. He is fine guitarist and singer. Performs every Tuesday. Catch him. Had seen some bad reviews about HRC but servers were great and the fajitas still make me smile. Leaving on Friday back to Scottsdale and the heat. We return to Maui on January 7 for 19 days. We will spend the last 5 in the North for the first time. Selected an oceanfront studio when making reservations 8 months in advance. I use LHR options for WKORV. Made the reservation for the extra 5 days right at midnight. The next day nothing was available.
Next trip is a month in Spain starting mid-October. Using Cash and Points in Madrid and Valencia. Hitting Seville and Cordoba. Last 15 days in Nerja at a friend's place from the 80's in Saudi Arabia. Retirement is hell!