• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone have this issue with Vistana website

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to book my WKORV last night at the one year mark, but the site said the earliest I could book was October. I think that would have been the right date if I was a non-owner there. Of course, when I called in today all the units were booked. :wall: Anyone else have this issue?

Password is taco

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Barony Beach
SVV - Key West
Did you not ask about the issue when you called in?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I am having it with one of my units. I have a separate issue with another unit. The other 4 were bookable without any problems. I noticed it about a week before when I went to do a pretend book. They are researching the issue for me. I didn't NEED a 4th reservation for that unit so no so concerned but it is annoying. All were ok at the beginning of June.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Yes, I have major issues with VSE's website. We own too many weeks, and therein lies the problem, I believe, although no one will admit it.

For example, no 2 bedroom lockoffs available for 7/1/2017, and it was the same last Saturday, but of course VSE had not released 2 bedroom lockoffs the first day they were supposed to be available. Now you can see lots of SBP 2 bed lockoffs for the last week of June.

VSE keeps inventory back from view, I believe. I wonder how many people complained at the end of last year, or the beginning of this year, when they paid fees when due, and then nothing was available to book for weeks 24-32?

ThreeLittleBirds

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to book my WKORV last night at the one year mark, but the site said the earliest I could book was October. I think that would have been the right date if I was a non-owner there. Of course, when I called in today all the units were booked. :wall: Anyone else have this issue?

actually, as a non-owner, you can book into February 2017

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
actually, as a non-owner, you can book into February 2017

It was saying the earliest you could book July 1 would be October 2016 not that you couldn't book anything past October 2016.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
When the home resort reservations are all gone, it shows you when you can make a Staroption reservation instead (8 months before check-in.). With popular dates, home resort reservations may be gone in a few minutes so be sure you are logging on right at midnight eastern - not midnight in your time zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just logged on again and it showed me availability for May, and even showed alternative dates for checkin that week, but the site wouldn't let me book because because "ownership of an eligible unit" is required and to call in. When I called in I was told no lockoffs are available for any week in April or May. I guess I will have to this the old fashion way: call in at 6 a.m. PT a year before I want to reserve. So much for technology.

And yes, I did ask about the issue when I called in (both times) and they said my concern was being sent to IT.

Last edited:

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
So in fairness to Vistana I want to let everyone know the issue is not with the website but because I own an OF unit. With so few OF units at WKORV they were booked quickly for July 1 week. What I was seeing as available were OV units, which I would not be able to book until the 8 month mark. So user error, or ignorance.

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made 6 reservations for 4th of July week whitout a problem...at various resorts.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Availability confusion

So in fairness to Vistana I want to let everyone know the issue is not with the website but because I own an OF unit. With so few OF units at WKORV they were booked quickly for July 1 week. What I was seeing as available were OV units, which I would not be able to book until the 8 month mark. So user error, or ignorance.

tborr123,

It was not ignorance, but rather, confusion. We're always learning new information about tips for making our reservations. Maybe some have had the exact same experience as you have had, or have yet to experience the same problem. By sharing what you've learned, someone else might be spared the angst or confusion that you experienced! So, thanks for sharing the outcome of your situation. Also, you're right - those OF units disappear within minutes!! Cheryl J.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
tborr123,

It was not ignorance, but rather, confusion. We're always learning new information about tips for making our reservations. Maybe some have had the exact same experience as you have had, or have yet to experience the same problem. By sharing what you've learned, someone else might be spared the angst or confusion that you experienced! So, thanks for sharing the outcome of your situation. Also, you're right - those OF units disappear within minutes!! Cheryl J.

Similar thing applies to owners of deluxe (corner) units at WKORV. If they run out of those in the 12-8mos period in the specific view class you own, you're forced to wait to 8mos as well, since you can't use a deluxe unit to book a non-deluxe unit during the Home Resort period...

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
So what is still puzzling is that the website tells me the July 1 week I want is sold out but then lists "other options" which are checkin dates around the one I want, and yes, for my OF (not deluxe) 2 bedroom, but says the reservation window is not open until end of October (the 8 month mark). But when I called yesterday, all those dates in the one year to 8 month home usage period were booked. I guess I will call again.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
October Availability

So what is still puzzling is that the website tells me the July 1 week I want is sold out but then lists "other options" which are checkin dates around the one I want, and yes, for my OF (not deluxe) 2 bedroom, but says the reservation window is not open until end of October (the 8 month mark). But when I called yesterday, all those dates in the one year to 8 month home usage period were booked. I guess I will call again.

tborr123,
I think that those other dates will be available at the 8 month mark, because they are not for a Saturday or Sunday check-in, which are the only days that home resort owners can reserve between 1 year and 8 months out. CJ

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found it very interesting that all options for OF units over the July 4th week next year are still available this morning. I've had a hard time booking that week in the past, if I didn't book as soon as the window opened. I wonder if the higher 2017 point value for OF units (176,700) is causing owners to rethink how they use their weeks (like longer stays in OV using StarOptions?). Or, are owners too distracted with our new property tax bill?

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found it very interesting that all options for OF units over the July 4th week next year are still available this morning. I've had a hard time booking that week in the past, if I didn't book as soon as the window opened. I wonder if the higher 2017 point value for OF units (176,700) is causing owners to rethink how they use their weeks (like longer stays in OV using StarOptions?). Or, are owners too distracted with our new property tax bill?

That is interesting. But, what are the chances they will make into the 8 month mark? I bet not good.

Also, the ones that are not taken are in the north phase which is not as good of a view as the south phase.