• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to add Marriott Rewards number to Interval Reservation

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Unbelievable! I just got off the phone with Marriott again. This was crazy. Finally someone was able to use their brains to look into what the problem was. Somehow Interval or Marriott put the reservation in my last name as my first name and my first name as my last so no one could figure this out with all the phone calls until tonight. The nice woman at Marriott said it was just common sense to see what happened. I told her apparently no one has any until I got her on the phone. I told her how many phone calls and emails were made over many months. She could not believe it. I am just happy this was resolved and guess what? I can see the reservation in my account!

Nevermind to my last post. Glad you figured out. :D

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable! I just got off the phone with Marriott again. This was crazy. Finally someone was able to use their brains to look into what the problem was. Somehow Interval or Marriott put the reservation in my last name as my first name and my first name as my last so no one could figure this out with all the phone calls until tonight. The nice woman at Marriott said it was just common sense to see what happened. I told her apparently no one has any until I got her on the phone. I told her how many phone calls and emails were made over many months. She could not believe it. I am just happy this was resolved and guess what? I can see the reservation in my account!

Thanks for the update! Glad you got it resolved!
I've never heard of that happening....mixing up your first & last names. It's crazy that a rep didn't figure it out when you gave them the reservation # in an earlier call.
Enjoy Aruba!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch

Very happy this is resolved for you! :)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I find this odd as the process of adding the new name to a reservation is automated and not a manual process. Have you had other exchanges with this problem? Have you had other exchanges where adding your number worked fine? Or is this your first exchange where you tried to add your MR number? You may need to contact II, as they may have your name in their system wrong.

vlapinta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Watch at Grand Dunes
I find this odd as the process of adding the new name to a reservation is automated and not a manual process. Have you had other exchanges with this problem? Have you had other exchanges where adding your number worked fine? Or is this your first exchange where you tried to add your MR number? You may need to contact II, as they may have your name in their system wrong.

We usually exchange through II and have never had a problem. Last year we exchanged into Hawaii with no issues. We have always had our MR number added to our reservation also with no problem.
This is the first time we came accross this and I have no idea where the system broke down.... Glad it is fixed!

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
Okay well after reading thread tried to add reward number. Emailed twice, no luck. Called plat.line,no luck. Maybe will try again but this is frustrating as a long time plat Marriott and owner since 1991!

crjask

TUG Member
Reaction score
Me too.
I have emailed customer care 4 times hoping to get someone who knew how to do it. Two times they replied that it couldn't be done. The other two times they bounced it to MVC which then gave me the same response. I have done this many times in the past but it is not working this time.
Has anyone been successful at adding their rewards number to a II exchange in the last couple of weeks?

mlfrancis

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to do it...

Me too.
Has anyone been successful at adding their rewards number to a II exchange in the last couple of weeks?

I did it two weeks ago ... called 800-535-4028, which was recommended earlier in this thread. The guy took care of it in a few minutes.

I had also e-mailed customer service; about 5 days later, they responded saying the number was already in the reservation ... so I think both will work but call the 800 number.

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
Must be my lucky day. Just called plat.line and a very cordial agent tried and success. Apparently Marriott has informed agents not to do so but call MVCI. At first she told me no so I mentioned I had added reservation numbers in the past so she said she would try. Voila it was done. Keep trying!!!

Pens_Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I emailed and it was done within a couple of days.

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Me too.
I have emailed customer care 4 times hoping to get someone who knew how to do it. Two times they replied that it couldn't be done. The other two times they bounced it to MVC which then gave me the same response. I have done this many times in the past but it is not working this time.

Emailed customer care a few days ago to add an exchange and it was added. Took a day or so. I just don't bother to call now, although I did have one blip with customer care adding three exchanges when they said it couldn't be done...but it could! (However I think I did call to accomplish that)

Try emailing again. My replies from them, even when added, are very different. Some send an official Marriott res notice, plus the email saying they had added it, some send a full recap, with name and contact info, and this last just said it was added. So there may be very different levels of experience now dealing with customer care emails.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Must be my lucky day. Just called plat.line and a very cordial agent tried and success. Apparently Marriott has informed agents not to do so but call MVCI. At first she told me no so I mentioned I had added reservation numbers in the past so she said she would try. Voila it was done. Keep trying!!!

This is exactly the case. Any reservation agent who tries will be able to do it, they simply respond that it cannot be done before trying.

I not only added my rewards# to the reservation, but then called back and added my DD to the reservation, specifically asking that her name be put on the reservation first and leaving mine as second. She checked right in to her Aruba resort this weekend without a hitch.

I am all but certain that as long as you leave your name on the ressie, you can still add anyone else's name, and there in lies the problem. Interval wants to sell you a guest certificate and has some sort of agreement in place with Marriott, although Marriott never changed their software, allowing agents to do things they aren't aware they can do.

BUT Tuggers know the truth. ;)

dhole

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try Calling the Resort

We have always (most recently this week) been successful in actually calling the resort directly to have our MR number added to our exchange reservation. We also use that opportunity to request room preferences. Seems to work for us.

crjask

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fifth time's the charm! Finally got the response I wanted.

Emailed again after the answers I got here on Monday and the two reservations were added today. Thanks for letting me know it is still possible.
I was going to give up after the fourth "can't be done". It is annoying that all personnel is not fully trained

glenns

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lakeshore Reserve DC Points
This was super easy - one email and within about 30 hours, I received my confirmation. Piece of cake...

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
yesterday I emailed internet.customer.care@marriott.com to add my MR number to two interval exchanges. These exchanges appear with my name against them on Marriott.com

The reply was

"Dear MALC9990:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Marriott. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with information.

We have forwarded your message to our Marriott Vacations Worldwide Customer Care department as they will be better able to assist you. You should be hearing from them shortly. If you would like to contact them directly, you may do so by one of the following:

Phone: 800-860-9384 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
Email: customer.care@vacationclub.com

If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this email.

Thank you for choosing Marriott."

Today customer.care@vacationclub.com responded as follows:

" Dear MALC9990,

Thank you for contacting Marriott Vacations Worldwide Customer Care Department. Your Marriott Rewards number cannot be added to the requested reservation until check-in because your reservation is an Interval International exchange reservation. Please provide your Marriott Rewards number upon check-in to the resort.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

MVW Customer Care
"

These are not Getaways. One is a standard exchange - Marriott week for Marriott week, the other is an AC. Never had this problem in the past.

The response from MVW customer care I can understand, they probably have no access to add my MR number. I intend to go back to Marriott customer care to ask that they pass the request to someone who can deal with my request.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is total madness!
I have just sent you another email, but for the benefit of others:-
there does seem to be a very inconsistent response from Marriott, be it MR or MVC or...?
In the past, I always called the MR Platinum line and they normally added my MR number with no problem.
After I read about the Customer Care email address on TUG, I tried that to save phoning and it worked fine for a few reservations.
This applied to Marriott bookings, MR AC's, II exchanges...
Then I recently had trouble via email adding my MR number to an II Getaway.
So whilst phoning the MR Platinum line about something else, I mentioned this.
The agent added my MR number immediately.
I think I will just use the phone in future!

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Then I recently had trouble via email adding my MR number to an II Getaway.
So whilst phoning the MR Platinum line about something else, I mentioned this.
The agent added my MR number immediately.
I think I will just use the phone in future!

I had the same experience using the email address trying to add an upcoming II exchange. They responded by saying I had to wait till check in to add my MR number. I then call the MR Gold line and it was added with no problems or questions asked. Im with you bazzap. from now on its the phone for me ;)

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am happy to say that when I contacted Marriott Customer care a second time to advise that MVW Customer care could not add the MR number to the two II reservations, they added the number immediately and replied very quickly. So Persistence paid off.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It seems to be hit or miss and all depends on who answers the phone or who reviews the e-mail. I have had poor success in the past with calling but have always been successful with the e-mail. Even if it was forwarded to MVC Owner Services.

Inhislove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
We had no trouble adding MR number directly with resorts

We've stayed in 3 Marriott vacation club properties this year, and received pre-arrival emails for two that asked for a marriott rewards number. That was a very simple process.

However, I noticed that the marriott reservation number didn't go active on marriot.com until between 2-4 weeks ahead of our arrival dates. After that happened, it was easy to email or call the resort directly and have the number added.

rylan

Reaction score
Definite hit or miss... seems that if the initial email request gets forwarded off to the marriott vacations worldwide cust service then they aren't helpful. I've used twitter and sent a request to Marriott there to add the number and they did it no problem.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the first time I just got a rep on the Platinum Elite reservation line that said they couldn't do it but I convinced them otherwise. When I asked to have a few added they said a change or cancellation can only be done through MVCI and adding a rewards number is a change. I convinced them to try it and of course it worked. Apparently they are trained that they do not have the ability and perhaps that is the source of the confusion.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
My husband tried last week to add MR to 2 December II exchanges.

Went the email route. Reply he got back from MVC was they can't add it to II exchanges.

We may try calling or wait til we get our advance notice asking for preferences.

Geesh, this shouldn't be so difficult and so arbitrary depending who gets your request.

dualrated2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina, Waiohai, Grand Chateau, Desert Springs Villas, Willow Ridge
I had success last week using the Customer Support tab within Marriott.com to add two Interval reservations for January.