• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NEW Interval International Accoounts

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Hi

1. what is the best way to join II?
2. As a new owner are there any promo codes for opening a new account?
3. Do I have to wait till my deed is in my hand before joining?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Not only do you need to wait until you have deed in hand, you also have to wait until starwood acknowledges the transform. It certainly doesn't hurt to start looking for new member promotional codes.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not only do you need to wait until you have deed in hand, you also have to wait until starwood acknowledges the transform. It certainly doesn't hurt to start looking for new member promotional codes.

Thank you for the info. I will gently nudge the closing company next week to see how things are progressing

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi

1. what is the best way to join II?

See the walk-through in the II and Starwood sticky at the top of the page.

2. As a new owner are there any promo codes for opening a new account?

It doesn't hurt to call the Starwood desk at II and ask if there are any current promo codes.

3. Do I have to wait till my deed is in my hand before joining?

Yes - you must be an owner to join.

Naniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you already have an II corporate account (I have II corporate accounts through my Hyatt and SVN ownerships), but when I needed yet another II account to exchange an SVN voluntary resort, I sent an email to II (using the tugmembers@intervalintl.com email address) asking if there were any specials for current corporate account holders (or TUG members). A very nice man replied very quickly with an offer for $99/3 years.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I don't know if you already have an II corporate account (I have II corporate accounts through my Hyatt and SVN ownerships), but when I needed yet another II account to exchange an SVN voluntary resort, I sent an email to II (using the tugmembers@intervalintl.com email address) asking if there were any specials for current corporate account holders (or TUG members). A very nice man replied very quickly with an offer for $99/3 years.

Do you have a code?

Naniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
No code, we completed the transaction over the phone. And before you ask, I can't find an email with his name or phone number. As I generally keep all those types of emails, he may have called me back (rather than emailed).

I checked my credit card statement to verify the amount charged and I logged into my II account to check the term to make sure I had remembered correctly.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
I received a mailing a few months ago... $89 for 2 years and a money back guarantee (if you don't get the exchange vacation you want). Promo code 21MAY14. Offer expires 10/31/14.

Not as good as 3 years for $99...but better than full price.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

So I should probably wait to send this email, till I have my deed,since I can't join till then… Great idea, thank you.

Boonie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I'm also in need of opening up an account!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Would there be a way if you have an EOY to use your week and then purchase a last call type of week for the following year?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Would there be a way if you have an EOY to use your week and then purchase a last call type of week for the following year?

A way to do what?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A way to do what?

I wanted to use my week in 2015 and then purchase a Last Call type of week for 2016, since I have an EOY, I was not sure if something like this was allowed.

I guess I'm basically trying to figure out if there is an opportunity to buy last call's if you have already used your deposit for that year?

thanks for helping...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last calls are purely rentals - they have nothing to do with depositing or not depositing. The exchange companies would be happy to rent as many as you want.

Boonie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update

I did email the address above and someone responded they currently do not have any discounts or codes available.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did email the address above and someone responded they currently do not have any discounts or codes available.

Thank you for the info... I'm thinking since I really want to use my SDO at SDO, I probably do not need to join II till I'm ready to go elsewhere....

Scotten

TUG Member
Reaction score
II pricing

I just opened a new II account for the same reason, SDO trader, and they quoted me:

1 year $45.00 - 50% discount
2 year $89.00 - 50% discount
3 year $99.00 - $128 discount

No code. Need to call to get it.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just opened a new II account for the same reason, SDO trader, and they quoted me:

Once I get my SDO in my name and all of the paperwork has been transferred over to Starwood, I'm going to call and hopefully I will receive the same deal

Boonie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info... I'm thinking since I really want to use my SDO at SDO, I probably do not need to join II till I'm ready to go elsewhere....

That is correct, this was our first year with our SDO and stayed there in January, I just called and made my reservation. We are looking to trade out next year so will need a II account. I think you will love it there!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is correct, this was our first year with our SDO and stayed there in January, I just called and made my reservation. We are looking to trade out next year so will need a II account. I think you will love it there!

I really love SDO, I got hooked on the place back in 2011 when Groupon ran a resort deal, you paid $399 for a weeks vacation at any resort (timeshare) listed on their site, the only catch was that you could only book it 60 days in advance. We choose SDO and loved it so much then when we got home, I have been researching like crazy since then and I'm happy to say that I'm now an owner of a 2/2 at SDO.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Deposit in 2015 and use in 2016?

Hi

I just found out that I will be launching a new business for my company in Mexico for the bulk of 2015, so can I deposit my 2 bedroom SDO into II and use it in 2016? Can I request any trade for 2016 that I can see / select?

thanks

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
If you look in the Sticky section above the other threads in the Starwood section, you'll see a primer on how to use II.

In short, yes, you can deposit your 2015 week now.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You have until the end of 2015, to deposit your 2015 usage in II. To deposit it now, you would have to pre-pay the maintenance fee.

Best practice is to put in an on-going search for the exchange you want, so that your request is in place BEFORE the deposits come in. When you only search the online inventory, you are only looking at the left overs, because OGS's are filled before anything goes online.

sb74

TUG Member
Reaction score

Which department was this? I called the regular 1-800-828-8200 number just moments ago, selected 2 for membership, and the representative said she had never heard of any discounts ever for new members, and didn't know of any other department that had the ability to offer discounts.

So now I'm really confused.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Which department was this? I called the regular 1-800-828-8200 number just moments ago, selected 2 for membership, and the representative said she had never heard of any discounts ever for new members, and didn't know of any other department that had the ability to offer discounts.

So now I'm really confused.

I would call and ask for the Starwood desk.