• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Some General comments on Ocean Watch

TravlinDuo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Vista (x2)
Recent Visit to MOW

On our way home from a stay at MBY on HHI, we decided to stop at MOW to see what the resort looked like, since we have an April 2015 reservation there. We were surprised at the number of things in the general use areas that we saw were in need of repair or replacement. We did see a display in the registration area showing a 10-year plan for villa refurbs, but we didn't see anything about refurbing the general use areas. One of the oddest things we saw in the general use areas was the use of duct tape to hold down worn out carpeting near the pool bar - and it wasn't that it was just applied; it was obvious that it had been there for a while. We were somewhat disappointed and are wondering if the villa interiors are in same worn-out condition; knowing that we wouldn't be placed in a newly refurb'd villa in April as we are not owners at that location.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
On our way home from a stay at MBY on HHI, we decided to stop at MOW to see what the resort looked like, since we have an April 2015 reservation there. We were surprised at the number of things in the general use areas that we saw were in need of repair or replacement. We did see a display in the registration area showing a 10-year plan for villa refurbs, but we didn't see anything about refurbing the general use areas. One of the oddest things we saw in the general use areas was the use of duct tape to hold down worn out carpeting near the pool bar - and it wasn't that it was just applied; it was obvious that it had been there for a while. We were somewhat disappointed and are wondering if the villa interiors are in same worn-out condition; knowing that we wouldn't be placed in a newly refurb'd villa in April as we are not owners at that location.

Having just spent the last two weeks of August there, we didnt notice these problems. But then again, we didnt spend time at the bar or walk around and visually inspect areas that didnt matter to us.

The pools and pool furniture were in great shape. The BBQ's were meticuously cleaned every morning. Our villa looked basically like any other Marriott we have stayed at. Clean and functional. No duct tape anywhere!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Oceanwatch is one of Marriott's nicest resorts. The villas are beautiful....not necessarily the largest units but they still have a modern, sleek, and well-appointed decor. As for the recent observations, it does not concern me at all, and I'm an owner there. The scheduled maintenance and refurbishments at OW will be carried out in a timely manner, and the random deficiencies and/or lapses in addressing small issues will be adequately resolved.

Currently we are at the end of a very busy summer season, and this is exactly the time you might expect to see these kinds of things. Most of the significant maintenance issues at a beach resort are dealt with during the off-season----not to minimize the need to keep smaller things patched up on an ongoing basis, but just sayin'.

OW is a beach resort, and families are there day-in and day-out tracking sand and beach/pool items into the pool areas, villas, and everywhere else. In other words, it's a place where you might expect above-average abuse and wear-and-tear. Occasionally needed improvements will be noticed, but overall those things will be dealt with. The challenge at high occupancy beach resorts is to keep up with the small issues without losing sight of the big picture. The owners will not stand for anything less.

If I were contemplating a visit to OW, it would not deter me one little bit. The resort is not falling apart. OW's high standards will be upheld. And if they are not, as we say in the south, "don't make me come over there....."

and I will.

TravlinDuo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Vista (x2)
Thank You for the owner feedback. Read it to DH and he is no longer considering doing a retrade. Whew! This will be a great midway stop on drive home to PA after staying a week at Lakeshore Reserve the week before.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Oceanwatch is one of Marriott's nicest resorts. The villas are beautiful....not necessarily the largest units but they still have a modern, sleek, and well-appointed decor. As for the recent observations, it does not concern me at all, and I'm an owner there. The scheduled maintenance and refurbishments at OW will be carried out in a timely manner, and the random deficiencies and/or lapses in addressing small issues will be adequately resolved.

Currently we are at the end of a very busy summer season, and this is exactly the time you might expect to see these kinds of things. Most of the significant maintenance issues at a beach resort are dealt with during the off-season----not to minimize the need to keep smaller things patched up on an ongoing basis, but just sayin'.

OW is a beach resort, and families are there day-in and day-out tracking sand and beach/pool items into the pool areas, villas, and everywhere else. In other words, it's a place where you might expect above-average abuse and wear-and-tear. Occasionally needed improvements will be noticed, but overall those things will be dealt with. The challenge at high occupancy beach resorts is to keep up with the small issues without losing sight of the big picture. The owners will not stand for anything less.

If I were contemplating a visit to OW, it would not deter me one little bit. The resort is not falling apart. OW's high standards will be upheld. And if they are not, as we say in the south, "don't make me come over there....."

and I will.

well said!

Luvtravel98

Reaction score
We stayed at OW in August and loved it. Our villa was a Garden view and close to the Woodsy pool. We had an end villa and I loved the long entry hallway and that the 2 bedrooms were not close to each other. Service was quick and everyone was friendly. We went to the Woodsy pool a few times- my son loved the karaoke. I really enjoyed the oceanfront pool though. I would reserve chairs at 9 am and we were down by 11. The lower level pool was great, I loved the whirpool part of it. I also really liked the beach access set up. My kids were able to go from the pool to the ocean so easily. I'm more of a pool lounging person so my husband would take them body boarding and wave jumping.
I wish the marketplace had a better selection of food. Would it hurt to have soft serve ice cream available? That is my biggest complaint.