• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Donating a timeshare

bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have received information from "Trejesto Title Transfers" of an organization that will accept my timeshare as a donation. It will cost $600. The organizations name is "Community Health Training, Inc.

Has anyone heard of either of these organizations and if what they are proposing to do is legitimate. I would hate to waste the money on a scam. Trejesto Title Transfers is informing me that I need to fill out several forms and send them the money. They will hold these fees until the transfer is complete.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
It will cost $600.
You'd probably come out better by offering it for free here on TUG and offering to pay the closing costs.

You stated: "The organizations name is "Community Health Training, Inc." But, when I looked at the
website for Trejesto, it says they donate to Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge. They offer closing services
in the $300-$475 range for timeshares that aren't being donated.

Doesn't seem like a very good idea, IMHO.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There are two places on TUG where you can give away your TS's for free (no charge for the Ads.) There are also other low cost options on the web.

TUG Marketplace - the only cost is your TUG membership - $15 (List it for $1 and it will automatically go in the Bargain Basement Ads.)

Bargain Deals - just write a simple post with all the pertinent info. (zero cost)

To make it more attractive I would:

1) Pay 2010 maintenance fees

2) Pay for the title transfer (you can get a simple professional transfer for about $100)
I've used this company and the owner is a Tugger.

3) Reserve a popular holiday week in 2010 for the new owner​

Good luck!

bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trjesto indicated that due to the low demand for TS units during these troubled times that Turpentine Creek Wildlife could not accept my TS. They then mentioned the Community Health Training organization. It sounds fishy that is my I am asking if anyone has used these people before.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Based on info at Guidestar (a database of charitable organizations) and Zillow (a database of addresses), Community Health Training, Inc. appears to be a valid charitable organization. However, the most recent Guidestar update shows it to have assets of only $1 and annual income of less than $10,000. Further, its mailing address is c/o an individual at what appears to be his residential condo in California. There has apparently been no press related to this charity, a discouraging sign.

This doesn't appear to be a thriving charity and, if it doesn't have experience in disposing of timeshares, you'll likely wind up still owning your timeshare but minus $600.

The reason you have received two excellent suggestions from others here is that donating a timeshare is very, very tough to do these days, unless your timeshare is easily saleable. And if it is, you should sell it and be money ahead.