• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rental car insurance question

bellesgirl

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We plan to rent a car in Tobago from Budget. I see where they offer CDW but I do not see any liability insurance option. We have full primary CDW through our AMEX card (it is an extra charge) and it is a better policy than is offered by Budget. But it does not include liability and my insurance will not cover it either. Is liability automatically included in the rental cost?

bellesgirl

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
btw - I called the 1-800 number for Budget and they don't know if liability is included either. :wall: So if anyone has first hand knowledge, I would appreciate it. I hate to rely on the information at the check in counter.

brother coony

TUG Member
Reaction score
first you would have to know the Auto insurance laws of Tobago to get your answer,Budget in Tobago is franchise and just Pays a franchise fee to there USA conterpart and are set up under Trinidat & Tobago Laws
Best option is to Call Budget in Tobago and ask, you will get a fair answer that way, than wait ontill you get there and standing at the counter,

MRSFUSSY

Reaction score
insurance question

I wouldn't consider NOT taking the insurance. Remember they have your credit card!:cool:

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
In the US I use my Amex card and decline all insurance offered by rental companies. I have insurance on my personal vehicles that covers rental cars driven in the US and my credit card gives me additional coverage.

When in a foreign country I always get ALL of the insurance they offer. My insurance does not cover me driving in any foreign country with the exception of Canada and Amex has exclusions and restrictions that scare me. So far I have not needed it since I haven't had a wreck in a rental car, but I have had peace of mind driving in foreign lands where any wreck will probably be blamed on me a foreigner no matter who is actually at fault. I will continue to get the optional insurance whenever I rent a car abroad.

equitax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Foreign Car Insurance

I would agree to call them (the local office)

My UK issued AMEX Centurion card covers the works, yet in Venezuela, the purchase of local liability from the agency is MANDATORY, and basically doubles the rental rate of the car. If you don't take it, no car.