• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can you convert two 1BR units into one 2BR unit?

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems like it could be done but if I have two 1BR units (not lockoffs) can I call the resort directly and ask them to combine them into one 2BR unit? The resort is the Aruba Surf Club. Both would be exchanged weeks.

Or can the combining be done by II?

Thanks!

Last edited:

MRSFUSSY

Reaction score
Hello, It sounds like a simple deal but I bet they won't do it. Why not just book the (2) 1 bedroom unit exchanges and ask them to book them next to each other!

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, It sounds like a simple deal but I bet they won't do it. Why not just book the (2) 1 bedroom unit exchanges and ask them to book them next to each other!

I just emailed them to ask the question....when I called just now I got transferred to the front desk who didn't pick up twice.

In answer to your question...with two small kids I would prefer they were in the lockoff portion so they would be connected to us. I guess they could connect the one bedroom units together too no?

Either way I am hopeful something can be worked out...

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just emailed them to ask the question....when I called just now I got transferred to the front desk who didn't pick up twice.

In answer to your question...with two small kids I would prefer they were in the lockoff portion so they would be connected to us. I guess they could connect the one bedroom units together too no?

Either way I am hopeful something can be worked out...

The one bedroom units are the suite portion of the 2 bedroom lockoff. They cannot be connected.

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a similar problem. Going to Aruba Surf Club this summer. First we got an exchange for a 1br unit. Then we decided that we wanted more room and got an exchange for a studio. I emailed Aruba Surf Club few weeks ago to see if the units could be combined to make a 2 bedroom unit. First I was told it was not possible because the 1 bedroom unit was ocean view and the studio was ocean side. But then a week later I got another email informing me that since the units were exchanges and the views were not guaranteed that would give them more flexibility. I am willing to downgrade the view to get these units combined. Sure hope it will work out!

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a similar problem. Going to Aruba Surf Club this summer. First we got an exchange for a 1br unit. Then we decided that we wanted more room and got an exchange for a studio. I emailed Aruba Surf Club few weeks ago to see if the units could be combined to make a 2 bedroom unit. First I was told it was not possible because the 1 bedroom unit was ocean view and the studio was ocean side. But then a week later I got another email informing me that since the units were exchanges and the views were not guaranteed that would give them more flexibility. I am willing to downgrade the view to get these units combined. Sure hope it will work out!

Exactly my point. I am actually looking to downgrade since a 2BR = a 1BR + efficiency and I would be combining two 1BR units. Like I said I emailed the resort directly last night...hoping for a positive response!

Curious if others have done tried this successfully though. Thanks.

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just as a follow up on this thread...I received an email answer from Surf Club that they cannot join or make adjoining two 1BR units. What I can do however is to request a "downgrade" of one of the 1BR units making it an efficiency. They can then combine the remaining 1BR with the efficiency making it a 2BR. They suggested requesting this prior to check-in then mentioning it again at check in. I am hoping this will not be an issue.

Thanks!