• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Update on son's stroke

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is amazing how lucky he is. His stroke affected his speech only. No muscle weakness at all. Was hospitalized 3 days, home with loads of instructions, only meds needed are BP as taken before stroke, 1 full strength aspirin a day, cholesterol lowering Rx, Vit B complex and low chol diet. Can return to work next Tues ( 1 day short of 3 wks since stroke) and he has to have speech therapy for his aphasia. Speech is very understandable , just hesitations when he is trying to remember words. Actually no worse than my forgetting word. In fact I think he remembers his forgotten words faster than I remember mine.

Thanks for all your prayers.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
That's great news Kay. He'll probably get better every day from now. Best wishes.

Brian

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wonderful news. I'm sure you're all very relieved. Perhaps better to have this warning rather than something more major in the future.

Sue

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Very good news! Thanks for sharing it.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm no doctor but I have had a couple of strokes. It seems to me that my treatment has been far more extensive that that reported by OP. My doctors took a two pronged approach. First, they attacked the symptoms with a blood thinner and utilized another drug to lower my blood pressure. Both to keep clots from getting to my brain. Second, they worked on finding the cause of the clots and worked to address them.

The cause of my strokes was arterial fibrullation (top of the heart out of sync with the bottom). This was addressed with third drug. Other than having to work on maintaining my Blood Pressure at 120/80, I have been fine. No strokes, no numbness or other indications of a stroke in 6 months,

George

taffy19

Reaction score
Kay, I am so happy for you and your son and hope that he will recover completely.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
so happy for you and your son

taffy19

Reaction score
I'm no doctor but I have had a couple of strokes. It seems to me that my treatment has been far more extensive that that reported by OP. My doctors took a two pronged approach. First, they attacked the symptoms with a blood thinner and utilized another drug to lower my blood pressure. Both to keep clots from getting to my brain. Second, they worked on finding the cause of the clots and worked to address them.

The cause of my strokes was arterial fibrullation (top of the heart out of sync with the bottom). This was addressed with third drug. Other than having to work on maintaining my Blood Pressure at 120/80, I have been fine. No strokes, no numbness or other indications of a stroke in 6 months,

George
Did you have minor strokes first and then a bigger one or visa versa? Did they treat the arterial fibrullation? I am glad for you that you are feeling well.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kay,

So many prayers were offered for you and your son. The Lord works miracles through so many avenues. I am so happy to hear that your son is doing so well! God bless you all.

Jan

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kay, thank you for sharing with us. I'm happy that the news is good and wish you and your son continuing improving health.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you have minor strokes first and then a bigger one or visa versa? Did they treat the arterial fibrullation? I am glad for you that you are feeling well.

Minor first, then a bigger one. Treating the arterial fibrillation with a combination of Flexinide to reguate the heart beat and Pradaxa to thin blood.

George

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kay, wonderful news!

I am wondering, however, how the Vitamin B complex helps?

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kay, wonderful news!

I am wondering, however, how the Vitamin B complex helps?

I googled Vit B complex and among many other benefits vit B helps cell metabolism, enhances nervous system function, promotes cell growth, helps maintain healthy functioning of nervous system including brain function.

It seems to have many many benefits for lots of things.

jhony32

Reaction score
Unsolicited

It is amazing how lucky he is. His stroke affected his speech only. No muscle weakness at all. Was hospitalized 3 days, home with loads of instructions, only meds needed are BP as taken before stroke, 1 full strength aspirin a day, cholesterol lowering Rx, Vit B complex and low chol diet. Can return to work next Tues ( 1 day short of 3 wks since stroke) and he has to have speech therapy for his aphasia. Speech is very understandable , just hesitations when he is trying to remember words. Actually no worse than my forgetting word. In fact I think he remembers his forgotten words faster than I remember mine.

Thanks for all your prayers.

With the stroke, it would really be a good idea to manage another possibility of the condition by checking three helpful factors: diet, exercise, medicines

I sure hope that in the next few days, all these three would be critically considered everyone. These work as a triangle, if one is removed, problems will definitely occur.